Home Group Discussion-OutSeason November 2010
Options

Week 12 Bike Thread

124»

Comments

• Options
    Just downloaded my data from yesterdays workout. Have to admit I am pretty good at estimating from watching the numbers. And what a workout it was. Really liked it.

15' @ .832
    15' @ .983
    15' @ .978
    3 x 2.5'/2.5' @ 1.22, 1.199. 1.198
    11' @ .821

Ran 2 miles at 7:30 pace.

Boy was I cooked. Best part was going to my buddy's house after showering and having him tell me about the 15 mile run he was doing Sunday in prep to IM CDA. In weather that feels like single digit temps. Hope that worked out well for him.
  • Options
    I was sore today from the XC ski trip yesterday (tons of fun and gorgeous btw). I figured the area that was sore (upper quads) was an area that probably doesn't get used much for cycling though. Otherwise they wouldn't be sore, right? So I hoped I would still be able to meet targets for the Saturday bike ride. Threshold work felt fine. Vo2Max intervals I had a harder than normal time getting the numbers up. I had to learn a whole new level of grit to get them up. I was super inspired though from watching a documentary about the Beijing olympics! Zone 3 work was a drag, but got it done. Next up, rest!

2 x 20' @ IF 1.0
    3 x 2.5 @ 218, 219, 219 (target 219)
    2 x 15' (2') @ IF 0.82

Total time: 1:47 TSS: 150 IF 0.92
  • Options
    @Beverly - We went xc skiing on christmas eve and the day after christmas. It was amazing how sore, and how long I as sore for afterwards! I still was able to get in good bike rides and runs. Just when you think you're in great shape, you do something that uses slightly different muscles and realize you're just in great shape for certain things. image