Home Group Discussion-OutSeason November 2010
Options

Week 16 Run

2»

Comments

• Options
    at the fire station again 2x1 5:46 5:46. I ended up w/ 9.5 total 60 minutes. Not too shabby. I am at another station and missed a fire, the good workout must have been to make up for it.
  • Options

Did Sunday's run today after work. Actually managed to use the UVA track. The track team's getting stingy with public hours, and strict on enforcement, even if there's no one at the track, you can't come in! Anyway... I felt a bit tired today after yesterday's 2x20'. I was excited to have a chance to get some real times on the track because I've been noticing on my Garmin paces that seemed faster than in the past. I was wondering if I've gotten faster. On the track, T-pace felt right at 7:02-7:04 instead of 7:20 which was the result of my last test on 1/1. I'm signing up for a race in a couple of weeks to test and see what I've got. This will be perfect because my half marathon test won't be til April 9. I am very confident that I can judge T-pace based on RPE - exciting, because if I'm right then I may be ready to bump VDOT to near 48!

Have I mentioned lately how much I love this training!

• Options
    Did Sunday's run today because switching bikes on the Computrainer ended up buggering the whole thing up. Have to get back down there and sort it out for tomorrow. But in any case, just threw the towel in after about 30 minutes of futzing and did Sunday's run instead. 2x1/2 mile and 2x 1 mile at 7:40 pace felt not too bad. The last 25 minutes at 8:00 pace wiped me out. The zone 3 stuff is tough. I am wishing the elves would come over now and clean my house, do the laundry, pick up the kids, etc. Ha! Keep up the good work everyone!

---Ann.
  • Options

Today's run was almost an exact repeat of Wednesday's run. I saw that the rest showed 4' on the mile, so I figured that it should ber 2' for the .5. That brings it down from the 5' and 3' rest intervals I used on Wednesday. So, almost same time, but less rest means improvement for me!

2 X .5 @ 3:27, 3:18 (target 3:30)

2 X 1mi @ 6:55, 6:47 (target 7:10)

Total was 6.6 with warm-up and cool down. Resisting the urge to go out and do a long ride tomorrow just because I can! Need to stay focused - no injuries so far and almost done with the OS! I think I'll just spin aroung the neighborhood with my aero-helmet and embarass my wife! image

• Options
    Sunday Run In the books!

8.4 miles in 90 minutes for a 10:46/mile pace. Considering I ran on the local greenway which is HILLY, I feel pretty good about that!
  • Options
    1030-1130 swim 2000 mostly pull
    noon - local5k - brilliant blue sky & 25F - repeat vdot test - up 1

3 great workouts this weekend!
  • Options
    22 miles on the deadmill - 3:10 @ 8:40...... watched Matrix, Matrix Reloaded,and Matrix Revolution..... too much of a wimp to do a long run in 20+ mph wind and a wind chill of single digits..... I'd rather have a numb brain than numb fingers and toes....

8 weeks to Boston!
  • Options
    I went off the ranch and did a snowshoe run. I haven't done one all winter. It was a great run/hike. Snow was deepish in spots. Good workout and good to get outside and away from the dreadmill.

Steve: congrats on slugging through the dredmill for 22 miles. I don't know if I could have done it.
  • Options

@ Steve - 22 miles on the treadmill?!?! You are a champ.

Got my 10.5 miles in today at about 1:24. Hit my paces on all parts and maintained HMP for the last 30-40 minutes so felt good. On to week 17......

Did the run outside in Ohio today with at about 30 degrees and little wind.  Was very nice - beat the sleet and freezing rain that's here now.

• Options

connect.garmin.com/activity/69372844

Still fighting flu with light fever this morning and not enough rest due to life but did squeak out the 2X1s this afternoon under deep fatigue......I think a couple more days and the virus will have run its course.  Z4s are hard enough on normal terms, doing them with what feels like a sack on your back has made for some interesting moments so far......

• Options
    @Steve 22 mile on the treadmill. That's enough to make me looney just thinking about it. Some serious mental toughness to get through that. Nice job.

Legs always seem to feel a little heavy these days. Did the 2 x 1 mile at 6:02 and 5:46. Ran a little while longer, but called it after 10k. My ankle was feeling pretty tweaky and decided to live to fight another day. Total run 41:30.
  • Options
    I had thought I was going to be stuck running inside, but got home from my weekend trip about 4:50 pm and it was 40 degrees, so I decided to run outside. Woo hoo! As soon as I started, it started to drizzle....then pour...then let up, but still rain...then the breeze picked up.

So let's just say that it was a bit of an adventure. "I" was warm enough ok, but my hands about fell off from freezing when i came inside.

Got my 2 mi at TP. I usually go a little faster than I'm supposed to, but today, it was pretty much right on. guess it was that extra pound of water I was carrying in my socks. :-)

Finished out about 6.5 mi total in 46 min so just a little short. But yesterday I ran a bit long, so no guilt.
  • Options

Felt pretty good on the run on Sunday, would have like a little less wind but it added to the workout.  1 hour total 8.5 miles, 2 X 1 mile @ 6:18 and 6 :20.  Total pace for the run was 7:06

• Options
    Yesterday's run ....
    outside, no track, just used a 2.5 mile warmup then hit a .5mile hill with reasonable grade incline.
    4x.5mile hills at just a few seconds slower than goal pace, then 1x1mile on a flatter (ever so slightly descending) stretch at a couple of seconds faster than goal pace.
    then 2.5 miles z3 home.
    not the scheduled workout but legs were burnin' early and throughout. 8 miles.
    workworks.
  • Options
    Posted By Steve West on 20 Feb 2011 06:11 PM

22 miles on the deadmill - 3:10 @ 8:40...... watched Matrix, Matrix Reloaded,and Matrix Revolution..... too much of a wimp to do a long run in 20+ mph wind and a wind chill of single digits..... I'd rather have a numb brain than numb fingers and toes....

8 weeks to Boston!

Wow. Nothing outside  is easy in Maine during the winter! I'm impressed! Stop by LaBree's bakery http://www.labrees.com/ and say hello to my daughter Sarah if you think of it. You've earned a donut - go for it!

• Options
    Posted By Joe Hallatschek on 21 Feb 2011 04:18 PM
    Posted By Steve West on 20 Feb 2011 06:11 PM

8 weeks to Boston!

Wow. Nothing outside  is easy in Maine during the winter! I'm impressed! Stop by LaBree's bakery http://www.labrees.com/ and say hello to my daughter Sarah if you think of it. You've earned a donut - go for it!

@ Joe- if it was a normal long run I'd be running right past the bakery.  It's at mile 7 from my house in Orono. 

@ Rob - I dont get accused of being smart very often.... I think of myself like the shovel in the garage - not very sharp or fancy, but is always there ready to work and will go all day long.....

@ Jason - champ?  not..... numb? you bet!

;Jon - sure you could.... but you got to leave your brain upstairs till your done....

• Options
    Posted By Daniela Williams on 18 Feb 2011 12:57 PM
    Posted By Carl Noftsger on 18 Feb 2011 09:16 AM

Intermediate plan called for 2 x 1 mile and 2x 800's. Went well and all targets hit. 8.1 miles in 61 minutes.

Why is the Intermediate plan 2x1 and 2x800, but the Advanced plan is 60min of:

MS: 2 x 1 mile (2') @ TP/Z4/Hard. Remainder of run is how you feel, but try to accumulate more HMP/Z3/Mod-Hard time

They Intermediate seems harder than the Advanced.  I feel like a slacker if I only do 2x1

I feel better now..

http://members.endurancenation.us/C...fault.aspx

• Options
    Posted By Daniela Williams on 22 Feb 2011 12:38 PM
    Posted By Daniela Williams on 18 Feb 2011 12:57 PM
    Posted By Carl Noftsger on 18 Feb 2011 09:16 AM

Intermediate plan called for 2 x 1 mile and 2x 800's. Went well and all targets hit. 8.1 miles in 61 minutes.

Why is the Intermediate plan 2x1 and 2x800, but the Advanced plan is 60min of:

MS: 2 x 1 mile (2') @ TP/Z4/Hard. Remainder of run is how you feel, but try to accumulate more HMP/Z3/Mod-Hard time

They Intermediate seems harder than the Advanced.  I feel like a slacker if I only do 2x1

I feel better now..

http://members.endurancenation.us/C...fault.aspx

Daniela-

I like the advanced run for tomorrow believe it or not.  I have it already programmed in my head that is what I was going to be doing and now will be doing it.  Things that make you go ahhhhhhhh........

• Options
    Disappointing run last night. My improvement seems to have stalled. 2nd run test was 31:14 and my Z4 goal pace is now 6.1mph Workout was 2 x 1.2, 1 x 1mi, 2 x 1/2. Can't seem to keep a 6mph pace for longer than 1/2mi. (My HR is in the zone though) I thought I'd be hitting 10min/mi by now. I was hitting some good paces during the V02 part of the OS (even higher than target paces) but the distances were so short, I could handle it.

Not sure if I need to be doing something differently, or just be patient but I really don't think running 10min/mile should be as difficult as it seems to be right now!