Home OutSeason (January ‘10)
Options

Anyone else winging it (no power) an the bike?

Looks like I'm without a relaible PM for at least a few weeks so I'll be faking my way through the bike sessions on my trainer.  I'm not interested in futzing with HR...don't even think I still have a HR strap around anyway.  Hopefully I'll get up and running with some new toys before too deep into the OS.

Comments

• Options

Joel- Not sure if you're inside or ouside, but pre-PM I used PE and pedal pressure. I felt like it worked pretty well for the intervals. As far as a test- well then I'd just wait for the PM and do your best in the mean time. None of my HR straps work any more and they all chafe. I'd have to be very desperate to wear one again.

• Options
    Ah yes- I saw your post about stuff not coming in until Feb? IIRC, you are a fairly experienced power user- yes? If so, you probably have enough of a reasonable guestimate based on PE for where you need to be with the workouts to get you through February (hopefully EARLY feb and not late feb). But I wouldn't want to be heading into any of the 30/30's around week 9 without either a HRM or PM. Those are just too hard to get right without a reasonable measuring device.
  • Options
    I'm not really worried about getting things done. I may tend to go a bit too hard without the PM keeping me in line, especially on the shorter 8-12min intervals. Honestly, what bugs me the most is not having a good record of my data from day one. It really chaps my ass to have to load "guesstimated" workouts into WKO. At least it's happening now and not in the middle of the season.