Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

2009 Marathon Relay Challenge Almost Ready...

Comments

• Options
    Mike and I are looking for 2 more people for Team Canada.
  • Options
    I'm in, I was going to run 12 this weekend anyway so another 1.1 isn't a big deal. I'm in VA so willing to join a sleeper cell.

Caveat: I *might* be coming down with a cold AND my vDot is only ~42; so don't expect too much from me! image
  • Options
    Can someone please provide the details here???

I can't get to any google docs because of the PITA big bro blocking here at work.

I'm doing the White rock half marathon here in Dallas in mid-Dec.
  • Options
    Wayne - yes, its Lisa. Super nice girl. Did a training camp weekend with her in Muskoka last year. She is the most positive person I have ever met in my life ...

Mike.
  • Options
    Steve and Ralph,

Sounds good to me either way, I can give you my fastest split or the whole half. Looks like the sign ups are for 2 or 4 person teams though.

Christy
  • Options

Posted By Scott Alexander on 18 Nov 2009 01:19 PM

I can't get to any google docs because of the PITA big bro blocking here at work.

2009 Marathon Relay Challenge by Endurance Nation
    This year we have two flavors: Team and Ultra. The Team option has 4 athletes each running 6.55 miles for time. The Ultra option has 2 athletes each running 13.1 miles for time. Please enter your information below and we'll create a tracking spreadsheet for 11/21+22. Thanks!!!

You are in Texas, right?
  • Options

Posted By Paul Stone "Mut" on 18 Nov 2009 03:48 PM

Posted By Scott Alexander on 18 Nov 2009 01:19 PM

2009 Marathon Relay Challenge by Endurance Nation
    This year we have two flavors: Team and Ultra. The Team option has 4 athletes each running 6.55 miles for time. The Ultra option has 2 athletes each running 13.1 miles for time. Please enter your information below and we'll create a tracking spreadsheet for 11/21+22. Thanks!!!

You are in Texas, right?

Yep, I'm in Dallas. Running White Rock half on Sunday 12/13.
  • Options
    Scott, no other Texans answering the call for this weekend. You want to partner for a two man team to get the challenge done? We still have a couple days to see if anyone answers. I am slow but am up for 13.1 if need be. I will be doing the half in Houston in January.
  • Options
    OK TEAM POV it is
    Christy we will take your fastest split
    Tony - why don't you join us and we will take your first 6.5 then you can do whatever else ya want sound ok? Don't worry about your VDot I have only run once since B2B if you don't count the trips to the beer fridge!
    Steve -Sound OK?

I will go to the google doc and start POV!
    Ralph
  • Options
    alright we got our team, will sign up today, thanks everyone
  • Options
    I'm interested in joining a team, or starting one. Any other midwesterners out there looking for teammates for a co-ed or female team?
  • Options
    Any other Norcal members want in? I'm willing to do half, John, 1/4 and that leaves us short one person. If we get two, I'll do 1/4 image

If there are no other takers, maybe we can ask Patrick to randomly assign all us left overs to a couple of teams!

tom
  • Options
    Team -

EVERYONE who wants to play should sign up...we can sort you out and / or make Team Affiliation as the weekend approaches (or even after the fact). As of now there is only ONE team...how could that be possible! image

Patrick
  • Options
    Patrick,

I am getting the non permission to see spreadsheet message.....is it something I saidimage
    Ralph
  • Options

Posted By Ralph Butler on 19 Nov 2009 05:49 AM
    Patrick,

I am getting the non permission to see spreadsheet message.....is it something I saidimage
    Ralph

Ditto:

"We're sorry, akostocker@gmail.com does not have permission to access this spreadsheet."
  • Options
    Wayne/Mike - would love to represent 780 for Team Canada, but the bruised/cracked ribs I sustained in a Mountain Bike tumble on Monday have me out of running commission for a few weeks. We'll get 'em next time!
  • Options
    Folks- I have a 22 miler Sat on schedule. Won't be smoking fast time but if anyone needs a hand, I'm game- just PM me
  • Options
    Craig - sorry to hear that. Next challenge though!
    Anyone else up for Team Canada? Or maybe its just you & me Wayne.
  • Options
    OK. Created Team Canada as 2 person team for now. Hopefully we'll get 2 more and switch to 4 person team. Surely there must be 2 more EN folks in Canada ...
    Wayne, feel free to sign up & join in the fun.
  • Options
    Per the map:

http://www.endurancenation.us/enCitizens.php

looks like there are about 9 of us up North...you could always stalk those guys - they may not know about the challenge.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Patrick,

Can you give me access to the spreadsheet please. Thanks.
  • Options
    Ok Mike. I signed up for Team Canada. Can only go the 6.55 miles though so hopefully others join us or we can be added as stragglers to another duo!!!
  • Options
    Folks -

I have just updated the spreadsheet permissions again so you should all be able to access it!!! Very excited for this event. Remember, if you don't have a team, just put your info up in the sheet and we'll sort things out at the end!

Sorrry for the speadsheet mix up, you should be able to access it now! http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AvCYkX_CIWHxdEtzTHBuOUhOTG96UUJ2bVBPUlgtRFE&hl=en
  • Options
    Team -

Here's my route...getting ready to rock haven't run this route since IMAZ 2005! Hope i don't get lost... image

MayMyRide
  • Options
    I think this is going to be fun, Team Run That Way is gonna be tough
  • Options
    OK. I've "stalked" all the Canadians. At least in a friendly Canadian kind of way ...
  • Options
    Go "Team Run That Way"! Feel sorry for the other teams image

Maybe Patrick could announce the consolation prizes.

tom
  • Options
    Ha. Mike is now known as Mike "The Stalker" McMahon"!!!
  • Options

Posted By Tom Glynn on 20 Nov 2009 09:35 AM

tom

I hope that P, Chris and Tom are ready for this as I haven't run longer than 1.5 miles at TP in months.

This challenged sound much more fun earlier in the week. We'll see what happens but either way I'm sure it will be a very painful 6.55 miles.
  • Options

Posted By mancona (aka Matt Ancona) on 20 Nov 2009 09:51 AM

Posted By Tom Glynn on 20 Nov 2009 09:35 AM

tom

I hope that P, Chris and Tom are ready for this as I haven't run longer than 1.5 miles at TP in months.

This challenged sound much more fun earlier in the week. We'll see what happens but either way I'm sure it will be a very painful 6.55 miles.

Ok there Matt I am sure that you will have all sorts of trouble running fast image