Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Considering a move to CO

2»

Comments

• Options

Long term plan, if there is such a thing, would be to move to CO and live there until Joanne decides she doesn't want to work for United anymore. Like I said, I can live anywhere but she is kinda limited to LA, SFO, DIA, Chicago (no friggin' way, sorry), NYC (no thanks). When that happens we'd like to move to southern UT, St George/Zion area.

Or, we buy a rockstar tour bus RV (a hovercraft by then, powered by fuel cell), tow a trailer full of bikes and motorcycles. That's our address. Sonny III and Riley II are along for the ride...but they have been miniaturized so we can put them on those cool little carryon bags and fly with them. I have multiple passports, identities, cash and joowels stashed in drop boxes around the world, as I circle the globe on two wheels.

• Options
    Posted By Rich Strauss on 22 Jan 2010 03:47 PM

When that happens we'd like to move to southern UT, St George/Zion area.

Or, we buy a rockstar tour bus RV (a hovercraft by then, powered by fuel cell), tow a trailer full of bikes and motorcycles. That's our address. Sonny III and Riley II are along for the ride...but they have been miniaturized so we can put them on those cool little carryon bags and fly with them. I have multiple passports, identities, cash and joowels stashed in drop boxes around the world, as I circle the globe on two wheels.

Now those are BOTH plans I could absolutely live with and emulate.  Except you gotta add a sailboat and private jet to the equation as well.

Seriously, Joe and I have talked about a potential move to So UT ever since our trip last year. 

• Options

sigh...would love to move to Utah. unfortunately, I'm the anchor for Team Boyle. image

• Options
    And as fate would have it, today I received a "Job Opening" posting from the Outfitters in Zion we worked with on our Canyoneering trip while there last year. With Joe still searching for work around here, gotta say, it's making us both go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • Options
    Rich, we lived in Littleton, CO before we moved to AR. I loved Colorado but our family was back here so alas our vacation time was spent driving back home!! plus we had small kids, one was born at Littleton Hospital so I wasn't in the tri world then. I loved being close to the airport but also within a morning's drive of the Mountains. to Ski would mean overnight staying in Breckenridge and the like but I also could go South to Garden of The Gods and go north to Boulder. We got a lot of sunshine!!! one little tip that nobody told us ... duh.. pick your house so your front yard gets the morning sun to help melt the snow!!! I kept wondering why people were talking about the North side of the house (our front yard!) so I spent more time shoveling that the neighbors who faced me.. also a "mt view" was worth more money to in the house!! which we had which was kinda cool to wake up every morning and see the mountain range. Yep I really did like it there. We even went camping in CO with a baby!! and did like a whole week of trekking via car around the state to include the desert, canyon and garden of the Gods.... so it has a lot of "outside appeal" which you love! m
  • Options

@Rich - doode...I just got here!  Whussup with that??

Lived in Ft. Collins for a year and loved it.  Lots of trials and stuff to do.  Check out Poudre Canyon!!

When we riding?