Homeβ€Ί Racing Forum πŸŽβ€Ί 140.6 Forumsβ€Ί Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

IMMT Week 7/29-8/4, Last Race Rehearsal!

13Β»

Comments

• Options
    @Dave... IMO throw the HR away... just kidding but not really that is my opinion but I am the minority on that subject and its another thread... Honestly I see no value in it... But agree the data you have is absolutely not reliable. I do use HR in the winter while on trainer and TR and found that I really need to wet my skin , and the strap really good to get reliable info.
  • Options
    Tim, thanks, I will look at this tonight. Then get my head screwed on
  • Options
    Tim,
    last TT was a FTP of 225 watts. NP on my last ride, that is unknown as of right now, downloading data from garmin. Based on the race execution table, and the excell power chart spreadsheet (which is difficult to understand) I would place myself within a 6:30 bike split. Any help is much appreciated to dial in my power zone.
  • Options
    @Glenn..... a predicted 6:30 IM bike split would put you in the .65-.70 range , with an FTP of 225 that is a range of 146-157..... BUT its still not as simple as that , we have to correlate that to your know 6hr bike performance of your RR's.... When you review those links, and get your files downloaded, posts the links to your garmin files , the last FTP test , and your recent RR and or longrides. We'll go over them here!

Woohoo..... I RAN TODAY.... yep 3 miles @ 8:46 pace and no pain!.... even spent an hour on the trainer this am at .70....
  • Options
    Thanks guys. @ Nemo: emailed garmin. They are sending a new HRM. @Tim: I was using a FTP of 260 which is sort of a guesstimate from indoors. Based on my profile would it make sense to bump up a little and aim for AP (what my Garmin shows) of 190? Also, I did IMAZ last year @ 5:38 (189ap, 193NP, same FTP). Did this RR in 5:58 (typically go faster rested and racing) trying to think what time is realistic for IMMT. Thanks.
  • Options
    @David.... If you were happy with your run at IMAZ , FTP the same, I would at least bump up to what you rode IMAZ at. I've never done IMAZ but I have done IMFL and think they are accepted as good comparisons.... I rode IMFL @ NP165 for 5:21 and IMMT NP168 for a 5:27..... just a guess but riding IMMT the same watts at IMAZ maybe 10-15minutes longer at the most.
  • Options
    David- Agree with Tim re how long to expect to be out there. I'd assume IMMT is a good 15 minutes "slower" course than IMAZ. Is your RR course hilly or mostly flat?

How did you feel on the run at IMAZ?
  • Options
    Oh- and Tim, your ability to bounce back so quickly from that crash and the surgery are simply amazing!!!! I'd still be licking my wounds!
  • Options
    RR course was mostly flat, some small rollers. Last year did RR for IMAZ on the course in 6:09 w/ AP 169, NP 180. All of the rides have been generally flat. Trying to figure if 6:00 will be about right. Run went pretty well. Slowed a bit but no fireworks. Was hoping for a faster run overall. 4:21 last year, would like to go closer to 4.
  • Options
    RR course was mostly flat, some small rollers. Last year did RR for IMAZ on the course in 6:09 w/ AP 169, NP 180. All of the rides have been generally flat. Trying to figure if 6:00 will be about right. Run went pretty well. Slowed a bit but no fireworks. Was hoping for a faster run overall. 4:21 last year, would like to go closer to 4.