Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

February 2010 Prez Weekend Bike Challenge

13»

Comments

• Options

Finished today, skipped out on Sunday and went and played basketball with my 11 year old daughter instead.  Cold weekend here with Sunday in the 20's but today it got all he way up to 32 so I headed outside for the first time thes year so the challenge did help motivate me to get outside on the bike. NP was 219 for the day and my ftp is 209 so I gotta be happy!

Great job by all!

• Options

Congratulations to everyone - nice work, no matter how many points you ended up with!

Finally tweeted my video from today's ride (http://yfrog.us/5a44iz) - spent the first hour outside, riding in the dark (yes, I was lit up like a Christmas tree!) with snow falling and wind blowing.  It's a lot more fun than a lot of people realize!

Have a great week - I'm ready to sleep...

• Options

okay.... gonna figure out tweetin today and post numbers... my vids right now are down in Jan OS.....  I only rode 49 miles but in 26, 24 and 31 degrees thru snow, ice and wind!  totally rocked!  cuz I love to ride!  m

Day 1:  Hey I have the trail to myself!!

Day 2, Snowy Sunrise in Arkansas! David and Heather join me.

Day 3, "Chica Power"

• Options

Day 3: I was toast as well.  I hit the closest climb I could find just to get up in the hills so there was no easy way home.  Ended up doing 2:43, .85 IF and 197 TSS.  I figured I needed to put in 3+ hours to catch up with Mr. Halligan - it didn't quite happen.  I hit a fork in the road where if I turned one way, it added ~1hr to the ride with lots more climbing, if I turned the other, it headed home.  I took the easy way home.

I did get a video post on Facebook for 2 points!

It was a fun challenge this weekend and I'm glad to be healthy and back in the saddle.

• Options
    Posted By Brian Massey on 16 Feb 2010 08:22 AM

It was a fun challenge this weekend and I'm glad to be healthy and back in the saddle.

My thoughts exactly Brian!!!

• Options

Twitter problems... well so I signed up for Twitter awhile back and tested it out but thought I didnt need it so deleted my account, and now I can't activate back up and more importantly can NOT use the same email address and since I just have one, I will not be getting a Twitter account unless I create another email account! seems a bit farfetched... so be careful on the Twitter connection.... I have now used a defunct email addy and hopefully vids and pics have been posted but don't know how long they will stay!!    oh my goodness, this EN might have beeng reat for my training but it has really upped the ante on my techie skills!    I see themin the rolldown...

real techie geeks out there???  okay I can not change my email to my active account cuz I have deleted Twitter, and there seems no way around this.... I use google email and so the defunct one is 3 years old thru ATT and no confirmation message coming thru...

1.  I create another google account just for twitter

2.  I just don't worry about it cuz I just used it for this challenge!

3.  ???

• Options
    Marianne- I'd say #2!!! But don't tell R&P I said so!
  • Options

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update - I was playing around with the videos I took for the challenge and put together a montage of all three days:

gallery.me.com/coach.mike#100259

This was an awesome way to motivate me to get my butt on the bike - thanks again!

Mike

• Options

Love the video, Mike!

• Options

Thanks, Beth - I'm guessing you recognized some of those spots along Sheridan Rd.!

• Options
    Posted By Mike Norman on 16 Feb 2010 02:50 PM

Thanks, Beth - I'm guessing you recognized some of those spots along Sheridan Rd.!

I definitely recognized that as my land. I know that path well.

• Options

The official results are in; congrats to Dave H and Marianne P for getting it done in a major way this weekend!!!!!

P

• Options
    Woot Woot! EN Chica's Rock as usual! :-) Congratulations Marianne & Dave!! Well Deserved.

Mike- I loved your video! Riding in the dark on those icy roads should have earned you a few extra points dude!!! YIKES!!!!
  • Options
    hey Nemo talked me into it!! all credit goes to her and I will share my 1,000 dollars with her too!!! ha ha. loved the vids and pics from the rest!!....
  • Options
    Way to go Ladies! You brought it big time and I applaud the work you all put in.

And to Halligan and Marianne...I'm in awe of your dedication to get out and put in some quality rides in crazy conditions. You guys are studs - way to go!

Now I'll go back to my 70 degree pain cave and lick my wounds...
  • Options

Wow.  I'm honored to share the podium with the one and only Marianne.  A privelage.

I must say, I think I had an unfair advantage for this challenge.  No running.  Been rehabbing a sore hip, so I was able to take advantage of the time and put some quality rides in.

It was like a mid winter training camp.  I started on Friday and got in 4 great rides. 

Congrats to all who clipped in for the challenge.  You all motivated me to suffer through the cold each day.

Dave

• Options

Way to go, Dave and Marianne! And, as we already knew,

EN CHICKAS RULE!!!!

• Options
    Posted By Nemo Brauch on 17 Feb 2010 01:49 PM

Woot Woot! EN Chica's Rock as usual! :-) Congratulations Marianne & Dave!! Well Deserved.

Mike- I loved your video! Riding in the dark on those icy roads should have earned you a few extra points dude!!! YIKES!!!!

Thanks - it was fun putting the video together (and a great way to get away from my real work!).  Glad you liked it...

And, congrats to Dave and Marianne - I couldn't quite catch you guys even having to rely on video points!  Well done.

• Options

Congrats Marianne and Dave!!! 

Way to go Chicas!!