Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

2014 IM Mont Tremblant Official Introductory Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    Hi everyone,

I signed up for IMMT Camp and just looked at pricing for the choice hotel. There is one other EN-er who is with me, but yikes. Does anyone have any other suggestions for lodging up there for training camp weekend? I don't prefer to stay in a different hotel, but may make more $ sense. #lovethissport #needtowinlottery

Thank you in advance,

Lisa
  • Options

Question to those whom have race IMMT before and are familiar with the area:  A friend has backed out of her reservation at Les Manoirs and has offered it to my family.  We currently have a reservation at the Residence Inn which I believe is located right where everything is. If we decide to take my friend's accommodations, we will save a lot of $$ (making for a happy husbandimage ).  My question is, has anyone stayed at Les Manoirs and if so, is it close to all the action?  Or should I keep the Marriott reservation instead, given its so close?  Any info will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

• Options

Danielle that is where the Ottawa cell uses for accomadations when we train in MT. How big is it. The Ross house is in the hunt for accomadations for this event. It is a 4-5 min walk to the transition site. If not interested could we here more deets on this ?

• Options
    Our accommodations will be available for IMMT. I forget the name of the place but it is in town on Rue Kandahar or something. Sheraton maybe? I sure wish we had that last year... Our place last year was the 'hotel' adjoining that pub right at the point on Chemin du Village where the run course goes onto and comes off of the rail trail.
  • Options
    Well well well time to join this party thread. Yes thanks to JW the Ross clan will not be on the sideline cheering you great peeps on. We will be cheering you on the course with you. Yes Steve B is kinda crazy to do this only 21 day's apart from IMLP, but what the heck. With Brenda involved makes it that much more special a nice way to celebrate our 27th anniversary. Keith it may be home turf but you Americano's will have a slight advantage. Looking forward to doing this  course especially with all the crazy fast talent that will be on that course that day. We did a trg day a week ago there and the course has great cycling pavement and the run course has been completely paved.
  • Options
    Steve, 4-5 min walk to transitions is great! We have decided to keep the reservation since it sleeps 8 and we are bringing the family. Sorry I couldn't help you out image. Look forward to meeting you and Brenda in August!
  • Options
    Well we are really going to be there in full force. Found a gem of a house in old Mont Tremblant on the run course. Sleeps 10 and boy is the Ottawa cell gonna be there to cheer loudly. The Cronk and Kori Martini clan will be there with us, stoked !
  • Options
    @Steve - who the hell is Kori Martinez? Hahaha!!
    We are so excited and looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Your Hispanic twin of course.
  • Options
    Kori it was just a natural stroke of the key's, so sorry, Brenda can explain and I have corrected my pecking mistake
  • Options
    Well crunch time is here for IM training with volume going up. Over the next two weekends very important trg 1 day epicman Saturday sessions are being done. I am putting it out there for OSC.If you want to get in you can plan as you need. First up is Saturday 28 th June Ross household will be in Mont Tremblant. Dpt Ottawa Sat 0600 hrs Arr 0800 hrs. Second Epicman will be July 5th in LP hopefully capturing some of our American sleeper cell group. Dpt Ott Sat 0500 Arr 0830ish. This will be my last RR before LP. So note the dates if you are interested. Time is now upon us for the last push to LP.
  • Options

Here's a reminder about my hotel accommodations being available now. Let me know if you or anyone you know is interested. If not, I'll call the hotel and let them make the room available.

Good luck up there. I'll be thinking about you all.

• Options
    @Peter. I'm interested if the hotel has a pool. Do you recall the details of your reservation?
  • Options
    Hi Team,

I will be racing IMMT - my 3rd (Tahoe last year / Los Cabos this spring). Very nice to see some familiar names here... I look forward to meeting more of you in a few weeks!
  • Options
    This is my second season with EN. IMMT will be my second IM --I finished IMWI in 2012-- but my first IM with EN. I race Racine 70.3 this Sunday, and then will be at the IMWI camp the following weekend. Unlike 2012, I am healthy for this race -- PF issues are clear for now.

Based on work so far, I am sweating and hoping I will finish comfortably. Though it would be great to finish in the daylight, this is a huge stretch. So, I just want to finish and enjoy the scenery and the fellowship with all of you. I will traveling with Endurance Sports Travel and staying at the Le Grand Lodge Mont-Tremblant.  Je vous souhaite la santé et bonne chance.