Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽโ€บ 140.6 Forumsโ€บ Ironman North Carolina [Retired]
Options

B2B Week of Oct 6

I am sooooo glad we're in the final weeks! I felt this weekend and today like I am starting to break down. Both bikes this weekend left my knees and some specific muscles sore, which is not usual. Today's long run was not good. The whole thing was painful and 30'sec slower per minute than last week's. I'm concerned for this weekend's RR. I'm tired and kind of crabby. All I want to do is lie around and sleep. I plan to keep a very careful eye on the RR this weekend, stay off my feet as much as possible this week until then.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Comments

• Options
    Well, I'm only doing the Half so I can't possibly imagine the volume of training that you're having to put in but yes I have been having more frequent episodes of crabbiness and fatigue. I had to cut my ride short on Saturday to help out with my son's team so i did the longer of the 2 workouts on Sunday to make up for Sat. I'm close to being right back on the plan through today. Will likely have problems getting in my long run tomorrow (I have to stay overnight in the hospital for ICU call tonight). RR is looking to be quite a challenge this Sat but at least I have Sunday off.
  • Options

So.....ย  RR today was scary.ย  Knees were killing me, quads hurt a lot.ย  I skipped the run...I'm already pretty good at running slow!

I realized that I moved my saddle from my tri bike to another bike while traveling for two weeks and when I moved it back last week, I think I moved it a bit farther forward.ย  A bit of thinking and reading said that can cause patellofemoral pain.ย  Gosh, I hope that's the problem!!!ย  I moved my saddle 5mm backward.ย  Icing the knees a lot. ย 

• Options
    Went on neighborhood camping trip to Eastern Shore Va with TT bike and running shoes. Unfortunately we were woken from sleep at 4 am from pouring rain. Forecast on phone calling for rain all day. In order to salvage RR I drove the 1.5 hours back home to put bike on trainer. Hours later the sun came out for my run. A quick shower and I drove back to a sunny campsite. Not sure if I'm at max fitness but I should definitely get a few points for determination
  • Options
    wow! You guys are hardcore -Overall, I am doing ok except that I have had to back off on the swimming since my right shoulder started acting up. It only bothers me if I Swim over 2000 yards so I have been taking it easy on the Swim.

@ Leslie, moving the saddle can get you. I have tried not to change anything on the bike just for that reason. If I have to change the bike, I take a picture with my phone to make sure I get it back where it needs to be.