Home OutSeason (January ‘10)
Options

Jan OS Week 11 Training

Monday!  no, don't have anything to post but got the week started! 

Comments

• Options

Happy Monday rest day! I sure need it!

I did just over 9 miles yesterday (the scheduled workout and lots extra... in hopes of not killing myself at a half mary next weekend).  I managed to tweak my ankle, no idea what's up with it, I didn't twist it during the run but that's kinda how it feels.  Hopefully the RICE method will work and it will be good for Wed's run (and my "race").

More importantly, I've got a question - now that I'm finally in week 9 of the bike I see I'm finally ready to try my hand at the 30/30s.  Ugh.  I know there's a post about how to not overdo them, etc...but I've got a more basic (and probably dumber) question -- does the 30 seconds begin once I get into zone... I don't have a power meter and I know it will take me at least a minute to 2 minutes to get my HR up into zone.  so I just have no idea how this workout tomorrow is supposed to work.  Help!

• Options
    Becky- not a silly question at all. For HRM folks, you are gonna have to work off RPE because it will take you too long to get your heart rate up to that zone and then you'll be doing too much. I'm hoping some HR folks with experience on the 30/30's will chime in, but my guess is your heart rate will probably come really close to that target by the 3rd or 4th one.

I had another successful run/walk today. 25 minutes of running total broken up as 5x5'(1'). I may not see any real "speed work" during this OS at all on my runs, but I am doing my own little form of intervals!
  • Options
    First- Congratulations! Many of us are half way through! Great job!

@ Becky- as a former HR person, now using power, HR will not help. I have been paying attention to my gear shifting lately. While using power, I have my resting gear, then for the interval it is 3 clicks to get me into the harder gear that I need for 120%. My cadence stays about the same. Try this and ignore your HR, but pay attention RPE. I am one of those folks that prefers 1'/1'. So I have been doing 4 x 1'/1', then a 2' even easier rest, then 4 x 1'/1'. Same amount of work, less gear shifting. Hope this helps and makes sense.

@ Nemo- great job on the intervals and really being smart on your come back.

Today was push ups and core work. I did weigh myself and I remain at a stable weight. Very cool.
  • Options

@ Becky - As Michele and Nemo imply, HR is useless for 30/30s. I was curious, so I just checked my last workout file for 30/30s. Discovered that, while my HR for that zone would be above 143, at no time during any of the intervals did my HR go above 127. Michele's method may be a goal to strive for, but I suggest sticking with 30 second intervals for your first time through. Treat it as a learning experience. You're trying to learn two things. First, what level of effort, which feels "very hard" can you do five times in a row for 30 seconds with 30 seconds of EASY spinning in between. And second, what gearing corresponds to that effort level. You'll need to experiment and discover what gearing lets you do all five intervals at that very hard effort level. Assume you will over estimate or under estimate the first several tries. Aim for UNDER estimating the first set of five. If it feels too easy, move it up a notch (to a smaller rear cog) the next time until you get it right. Then, next week, you'l be a pro. The idea is to be exhausted at the end of the last set, spin EASY for 5 minutes or so, then do some amount at 80-85%, of LTHR riding.

• Options

Well, I got nothing either Marianne. I'm on my way back from some great training in AZ. Training was great, I'm fried mentally and physically. I'm taking today off, should have my bike back Wednesday. Hopefully I'll be back in the saddle by then. I haven't found much guidance on how to transition out of a big week but I'm guessing to Stand down for a little while and let the fitness soak in (suggestions anyone?). W/ out looking at the exact I netted over 670 TSS last week!

Have a great week everybody

• Options
    @Al, Nemo, & Michele - thanks so much! that helps a lot... and comforts me that I'm not crazy since I knew in 30 seconds I wouldn't get to Z5.
    Funny you mention gearing, Michele - I've sort of figured out the same thing when doing the normal workouts using HR. Big ring up front, recoveries in the big ring in back... and for the work, I go down 3-4... and pedal hard. maybe I'll turn on my computer and check out my cadence (haven't been doing that on these training rides).

Way to stick with it Nemo!
  • Options

Wishing everyone a great week of training!

@dan: stretching (removes lactic acid, breaks down microtrauma scar tissue) for recovery and focusing on technique in whatever sport is your weakest, is typically what serves me best after a big week of traning.

@becky: very good advice, of course, from all.  the ultimate goal, is to be able to complete the 30/30 assigned sets and for it to represent a high level of perceived effort.  i am currently doing them with no computer at all (i.e. powermeter broken), just my wrist watch set to beep at 30 sec.  it might take a few attempts to find the perceived effort that will take you through the workout, but that's ok for now.  before these 30/30's can be done to their maximum benefit, you first must 'teach' your muscles how to do them.  this will take some time, otherwise you'll injure yourself.  you'll see that once adapted, you'll pick a gear, get to speed quickly, and then tough it out until the 30 seconds are done.  good luck.

@marianne: black belt tortilla eating is when you no longer need eating utensils (i.e. you use the tortilla) and you can judge how many tortillas it will take to eat whatever amount of food is on the plate!

on a personal note, i have dropped 5lbs (174 to 169lbs) and so far all progressing well.  learned to flip turn this weekend

Sincerely, g

• Options
    Nice job on the weight loss Gilberto!
  • Options
    @ Becky- I would follow Al and stick wth 30/30s for the first go round. Some folks love the short intervals, me - not so much. But you can be sure I started with 30/30s for several weeks before trying the other adaptations. Testing out different gears for the same effort with different cadences is part of my plan to try and ride more evenly when I get out on the road. Sounds like you are headed in the right direction. Good luck! You're gonna crush your old self!

@Gilberto- Nice job! Ugh! I feel like my weight is fine, but then I think "well I could lose a few more...". Might have to start tracking my intake.

@Dan- I don't know the protocol for a few days of standing down, might want to hit the Wiki and see if there is guidance in there. Glad to hear it was a productive week. You should see that FTP "pop" soon enough.
  • Options
    Dan for me personally a big week. hits me on Thursday... it did for mission trip too. so if you feel so so now,wait til thursday and warn the family!! I am normally too hyped up from epic training and still on the high and still can't sleep.. but by Thurs, boom.

okay so since I haven't ran at the track in eons... dumb question, 200 - ?? 400= ?? 800=?? 1/4 track, 1/2 track and one whole lap.... can't remember! will attempt part of a real run workout tomorrow!
    yep I feel normal and ran/rode today! that feels great and our nice weather is helping so I thought I would visit the track and swim afterwards tomorrow. turned in my bike today for some repairs, I hate noises and when I get them, I take it in as I am not a mechanic and don't you know they love me cuz I say "the front wheel is clanging and the chain is whirring" but I promised them some food tomorrow when I pick it up as again they ask "when do you want it?" and I sweetly say "whenever it is ready!" as they know I will ride it in such nice weather!! glorious blue skies today and upper 60's here, not too much wind! fantastic weather! and I feel energetic, hooray, last week's fog has lifted! and you will never believe it but I am going to Panama City Beach next week! yep taking 3 of my kids so my senior can hang with his buddies for their senior beach trip and it sorta happened last minute! but hubby booked me and I am gonna pack up bike and run shoes and if teenage son is fast asleep then I will have childcare and will head out to see the beach sunrise and ride or run or do yoga or some such!! I can't wait. and yep normally I like to plan and wait patiently for such big trips so now scrambling getting oil change for the 10.5 hour drive down. and of course some beach stuff which I did none of that today but did turn in my bike and cameras for cleaning, the important stuff! I am so excited, can you tell that I LOVE the beach!!! I did remark to my sister that I wished I was in shape!!! lol. anyways it will be a peanut butter jelly Mom's cheap vacay but they don't care!! three pools at hotel and on the beach!!!! oh my goodness I have to have my run on.... just gotta! okay, enough of my excitement!! I can just smell the sunscreen now! scooting off, but today I listened to podcast on race day execution that I think I had uploaded to listen to BEFORE IMLP last year but listened to it today and got totally remotivated for 6 mos from now IMWI!! m
  • Options

@Dan - No guidance for you as I 've never really done a big week but I would post this to the coaches in the weekly micro thread to get feedback there as well. 

@Gilberto - good job on the weight loss.  That focus has just brought you free speed. 

I kind of dropped off on the posts last week and figured I should drop in as this will be my only training group in 1 week.  As I just found out it should have been the group I was with all along.  I am doing IMC in August and after looking at the season planning tool kit this weekend it notes that Jan OS is the place to start. 

So I plan to complete week 20 in the Nov OS group then take two weeks off the bike, well a ride here or there, while continuing to run for weeks 12 &13.  During the 2 weeks off I will pick up some swimming as I have not been in a pool for 2.5 years.  I know there's a no swimming in the OS around here but that's a little too much kool aid. 

At week 14 I'll pick cycling up with the group and complete weeks 14-20 with the group both cycling and running.   I believe this sets me up well for the season as I get in a full 20 weeks running, 27 cycling and a start to swimming.  Having hit my cycling goals for the OS I'll be able to focus on the run and get in some swimming on the side for the final 7 weeks.  Not to mention another 10 watts on the FTP would not be a bad thing.

Gordon

• Options

@ Marianne - 1 lap at the track = 400 meters. Hmm... I know what I'd say if I had my mom along for spring break at the beach

I took 51 hours off with NO swim, bike, run, weights or anything. Except for travel days, I can't remember the last time I did that. Main reason was I was working yesterday (8 AM -8 AM), and the shift to DST left me with not enough light before work to get a run in, which is what I usually do when I work a Sunday, as the gyms and pools I use are not open before work on Sunday. So, today was Tuesday for me, tomorrow will be Wed. FTp intervals on the traine, followed by a 45 min run. 2 x 20 (4') @ NP=213 for intervals (97.25 %), TSS 92, HR and Cadence pickups were fritzing on me, so no data there. Then the run was 5.1 mi in 42:30, with the second half at MP. Felt good as filtered sun and 61F at 5 PM warmed me up. Over the years, I've turned myself into a warm weather runner, and like it between 70 and 80 best! Tomorrow is a swim with DW at 7 AM, then run 3 x 1 mile @ 5K pace, then off to work for a few hours in the PM. For me, my abbreviated OS is screeching towards an April 4 end date, then a week of transition, and into 10 weeks of IM training for CDA! Still seems far away.

• Options
    Al, uh huh, well it was with MOM or no trip! as I will be one of the Parents at the beach. smile, yeah I know Parenting is not for weenies! as you probably know... and the new parents out there are just babes in the woods!! okay my coffee pot is not working and this is a major crisis for me!! so I gotta get kids to school and etc without any caffeine. not sure if I will run at the track cuz then Rudy doesn't get to run so might just imagine a section out on the trail. m
  • Options
    Hi Team! I've been off the grid since Thursday AM - Great reading everyone's posts, even if I wasn't getting to the forum myself. You keep me motivated and feeling guilty, as it's been a rough few days! Beers with Jim H and Larry Weds led to lack of motivation for Thu AM ride - pushed it to PM, until work handed me a 13 hour day. (Note to self: keep on the routine!) Fri: taught Spin; Sat: got a 10 mile run in - negative splits (1/2 marathon coming on Sun); Sun: 8 hours of work, plus Church and Company = no bike workout ...
    It's a new week!
    @Becky - Looks like you got lots of feedback on 30/30s with HR. It has to be so different without a PM!
    @Nemo - Coming back nicely!
    @Michele - 1/2 way through the OS - WOW, time flies when you're having fun. (and I AM having fun!)
    @Dan - Welcome back. Your plan to take a few days off sounds good. It's the OS, so you want to avoid burn out.
    @Gilberto - Nice job on the weight! (I never did start a thread on weight accountability for our group ... let's just keep it out here!) I've been staying away from the Girl Scout cookies loaded in our pantry, and trying to be generally good. 10 lbs from the Holidays dropped from start of OS to second FTP test (week 9?), and staying flat since then. Want to drop another 5 - 8 by Alcatraz (5/2.)
    @Marianne - If it is a standard outdoor track, I think 1 lap should be 400 M - Have Fun!

So, I got back on the horse this AM and did my 30/30s. W/O colled for 5x(5x30/30) @120%/60% (346/173). I pushed a bit more on the fly, since I missed Thu and Sat rides ...
    A&B) 5x30/30 - target High 355 (123%)
    C) 5x30/30 - target High 375 (130%)
    D) 5x60/60 - target High 360 (125%) (Wanted to try the 1/1's.) To use an earlier analogy, like pulling off a really, really long and sticky band-aid! I made it, so was happy, but I did not like them!

A) 5x30/30 (355/173): 358/170, 354/171, 359/171, 364/181, 353/193
    B) 5x30/30 (355/173): 377/170, 353/195, 353/190, 360/180, 353/185
    C) 5x30/30 (375/173): 381/187, 377/180, 384/168, 370/184, 379/191
    D) 5x60/60 (355/173): 357/187, 360/189, 361/173, 363/175, 373/175
  • Options
    @Al - I'm with you on being a converted warm weather runner. I relish the heat and like to sweat! Too bad I live in Chicago and only get to enjoy it for a couple weeks out of the year.

@Mike - Way to keep accountable for the workouts and the weight. Nice job on the 30/30s this morning.

After a rest day yesterday to absorb some tough workouts over the weekend, I jumped on the trainer this morning and did 5 x 2.5'2/2.5' followed by 20' @ .80-.85. Had a tough time getting going (I think this 1 hour time change affected more than it should have) but ended up with a solid workout:

5 x 2.5' @ 120% (359): 352 / 354 / 354 / 358 / 356

20' @ .8-.85 (239-254): 254

Entire workout (209 watts):
    Duration: 1:00:54 (1:01:12)
    Work: 764 kJ
    TSS: 76.8 (intensity factor 0.87)
    Norm Power: 260
    VI: 1.24
    Pw:HR: 4.92%
    Pa:HR: 4.21%
    Distance: 18.501 mi
    Min Max Avg
    Power: 0 428 209 watts
    Heart Rate: 64 170 132 bpm
    Cadence: 59 206 86 rpm
    Speed: 2.2 24.7 18.3 mph

.8-.85 work is starting to feel much easier this week. Hope that's a good sign of things to come in the next FTP test (3 more weeks!).

Beautiful day here...I'll head out for a 30' run at lunch to soak up some warm sunshine! Hope everyone has a great day.
  • Options
    I am celebrating with a great run!! okay no garmin in the shop and didn't do the workout either!! but I had energy and no pain!!! so there is alittle stretch of the trail with open fields on both sides so I "heeled" Rudy to that point, took off his leash and I warmed up then I ditched my track pants, jacket and laid it out on the sign and I ran 4 x one way and recovered on the back side of each and then did 4 both ways. not even sure of the mileage but the important thing was I felt consistent and my left quad didn't seize up and my piriformis didn't flare and my left hamstring maintained! I even ditched my gloves and long sleeves so I knew I was "working" but so was the dog as his tongue was hanging out and occasionally at my "finish line" he would come up to me and lick me or want a hug! silly dog! There is a big pond, big puddle closeby so he gets soaking wet and sometimes I can't even see him as the grass is so high! birds in the water and he is thoroughly enjoying himself.. then I went back put back on my warm up clothes and did some standing stretches and a few lunges etc and then leashed him and down to our car we went!!! so much fun with the dog! so no track. The watchface part is out of stock so no garmin, Remember it got cracked? due to a guatemalan splinter removed by my husband this morning using our butcher block as the operating table and he had clippers, safety pin and bandages!! lol.... and yes I was screaming as it was nasty! my big toe throbbed a bit but with the speedwork all focus was off my toes!! and onto "running tall" so I looked up into the blue sky almost with white puffy clouds and fixed my eyes up ahead on another trail sign as my finish spot! I had some great music in my IPOD and well? just one of those awesome runs that I just couldn't wait to tell you about. I know I don't have any data!! smile... but look forward to my Garmin being repaired! I so love to run in shorts though! don't you?? anyways, my coffee pot wasn't working so hubby french pressed me some coffee so between his barista skills and operating skills, I was worthless this morning but was redeemed with an energetic run! out to dinner for business with him so gotta clean up myself and house and I guess I better eat more than a banana! hugs to all! and I hope your run or other workout gives you energy today rather than take it! m
  • Options
    You folks are nailing those 30/30's!! Mike- I like your band-aid analogy- seems perfect! Do it fast and get it over with!!! I wish I could approach the 2x15's on my calendar today the same way. It was still too dark this morning to ride (and the roads were still wet). Dang Daylight Savings!! I'm hoping to hit them tonight but the 30mph wind out there isn't giving me a warm fuzzy.

Marianne- are you packing duct tape so you can tape the doors closed to keep those kids inside at night? That sounds like an endurance event all on its own!
  • Options

@Marianne... I just can't stop laughing.  Your energy is contagious   I think Easter candy for breakfast is fabulous.  My condolences re: the broken coffee pot.   Tragedy!  I broke my french press this winter and it was a week before I could replace it and have a decent cup of joe in the morning.  I haven't run in shorts yet, but I may get my chance this weekend... granted, I don't think what I'll be doing will qualify as running... it will be a half mary.  my longest run since my bike crash in August.  My goal is to finish before the first marathoner.  A bummer, but that's the best I can do given my back to back injuries.  I went to Panama City in November to sign up for IMFL. 

@everyone - thanks for all the advice on 30/30s.  I don't know if it was R or P, but he said the 30 should be a drag race for me since I don't have  PM - which is essentially what you've told me.  Trust me, I am sufficiently intrigued and jealous... perhaps I can save up for a power meter next year (I do think this hobby of mine is here to stay).  I must say, not having peeked ahead in the schedule, I'm TERRIFIED of the thought of more 30/30s ... I guess it's not just a one workout sort of thing.  Hopefully I'll figure it out - sounds like with a bit of practice I will.  Wish me luck on my first attempt tonight! 

I got in the pool yesterday for 1500.  My hand still tires out after 250, but I took a break and swam 2 sets in a row before going to kick.  So 1000 swimming and 500 kicking.  I've got a long way to go before Eagleman!  Here's to healing.

• Options

okay so I didn't do the 30/30s maybe tomorrow! bike is back from the shop and I actually like 30/30s, says me who hasn't done any in 2010!!! oh shoot, what am I gonna do for coffee tomorrow? oh yeah, husband still home!! St Patrick's day tomorrow so make sure you wear green!!

yesterday's ride:  me, Heather and David (husband took pic) in front of construction for new bridge that will cross over another section of the Arkansas River which will join the Rivertrail system to Two Rivers and further extending all runs and rides, finished in June 2011.  currently we have the longest pedestrian bridge supposedly in the world... as it joins NLR to LR and is a joy to ride and run over so this will be the 2nd bridge but shorter.  The ride started off cool but Heather and I soon peeled off the long legs and wore shorts underneath. but then I was riding at a harder effort in keeping up with david.  fortunately he had ridden hard both on Sat and Sunday and we all enjoyed a social ride on Monday.  we rode about 22 miles which is great prep for my upcoming 65 miler on Saturday.  David did ask me "when was the last time you rode 65?" and I quipped, 2009!!  to test me, he then surges off

• Options
    I'm still all over the place on my 30/30's. They feel good and I love the workout. My brick run felt great. It was late and I ran on the treadmill. I'm getting a little spoiled.

Still 50/50 on doing a half marathon this weekend. We'll see how I feel about running in the slop. I did manage to drop a big chunk of change yesterday. I'm officially registered for Racine, Pigman and the Chicago Marathon. I'm still crossing my fingers that I will be able to come up and watch IMWI and meet some peeps this year!

120%=293
    308/288/308/290/296
    293/298/304/296/297
    307/294/317/304/298
    303/299/284/299/299
    297/297/297/291/296

13’ @ 85% (207w) np=210

Entire workout (197 watts):
    Duration: 1:01:14 (1:02:09)
    Work: 725 kJ
    TSS: 80.6 (intensity factor 0.889)
    Norm Power: 217
    VI: 1.1
    Pw:HR: 1.86%
    Pa:HR: 0.77%
    Distance: 18.874 mi
    Min Max Avg
    Power: 0 391 197 watts
    Heart Rate: 87 175 155 bpm
    Cadence: 31 127 80 rpm
    Speed: 2.2 23.6 18.6 mph
    Pace 2:32 26:49 3:14 min/mi
    Crank Torque: 0 475 209 lb-in
  • Options

Hi all... I don't have much time but wanted to touch base to let you know I survived my first 30/30 endeavor (sans power meter)- thanks to your advice!

I should know the gearing but it's escaped me so here goes:  I was in the big ring up front and for the first set of 4 I dropped down 4 clicks and managed to get my cadence in the 90-95 range, but by the last sprint of the set I knew this would be too hard to finish all 4 sets.  My recovery 30s and my 2 minutes were down in the 60-65 cadence range... for the second set, I dropped 3 clicks in back and my cadence was about the same but it was far more do-able.  I didn't feel fresh as a daisy, but I knew I could do the last 2 sets.  Again, cadence around 95, recoveries around 65.  The 3rd and 4th sets I was able to get and keep my cadence at 100-105 for the efforts (low 60s for recoveries) -- and by the 3rd sprint of each set I saw my HR hit Z5 when I was recovering.  I will say that by the time I went to finish up in Z3 my legs were heavy and it took me longer than usual to get in zone, but I did it!  After checking my data I spent 51 seconds in Z5... whew.  I can't wait to do it again Thursday ... and after Thursday's ride I'll do the brick. 

• Options
    Oh man, you all make me feel so guilty! (which is a good thing). I bailed on the ride yesterday and did my Wed run instead. 20 mph winds with gusts in the 30's would have stuck me on the trainer and I just couldn't stomach the thought of 2x15s on the trainer!! I'll get them done tonight- you gotta hold me accountable for that!
  • Options

get 'er done, Nemo!  Believe me, I understand your lack of desire to be on the trainer.  Yesterday was actually great in DC (a tad windy) and having to go home to get on my trainer with the sun shining (knowing I had the advantage of daylight savings) pretty much stunk... I can't wait til my hand is better and I can go outside to ride.  It's definitely incentive for me to keep up with PT!  I'm looking forward to my run after work in the sunshine!

• Options
    Back...finally...

2x 1/2m (3:43 & 3:49)
    1x 1m (7:49)

I was away for a while d/t "doctors orders". Not to go all TMI on everyone, but I was down due to a nasty infection, bad reaction to anti-biotics, and the possibility of surgery. Lets just say the infection was where no biker (or runner) would want one. I finally got cleared yesterday, no need for surgery, so a big relief for me. Back to it!!

You all are so inspiriing! Thanks for your support
  • Options

Yesterdays increase in the number of 30/30s was a bit tough, but I made it through just fine. Did my BRick and sat in a cold bath, but was running late. SO I didn't stretch. Then at work my legs were very achy. I was sitting on my desk working a tennis ball into the hamstrings. A meeting and dinner with friends, got home late and fell into bed without rolling my quads.

Woke up today and was just tired. Since DH is heading out of town, I tried to get in some snuggling and earn SAUs for skipping a workout, but he was sound asleep. Alarm had already gone off, so I got up and hit the run. Had to replace a few 200s with hill repeats as I was time crunched and needed to get home. Cold bath and some stretching, but still using the tennis ball on my hamstrings today. Gotta get on the foam roller tonight.

I did skip the pushups and core work in favor of my warm bed.

Loving our sunny weather, even if it was dark when I started my run.

Nemo- get on that bike!!

• Options
    Glad you are back Andrew. I ended up doing the run yesterday at work on the treadmill. It is hard to take a rest day when you are essentially paid to exercise. It was probably the hardest run workout I've done all year. Bike is still in transit supposed to get here tomorrow so no 30/30s until Thursday.
    Brittany and I are going to see The Dan Band tonight. Who is The Dan Band? The band that is playing at the weddings in old school and the hangover. A lot of rocking 70s and 80s covers. From what I've heard they are a great live band. Great music to listen to on the trainer. We are getting a hotel room since it is 100 miles away.
    Happy to see the weather sort of breaking as well....slowly but surely.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day everybody!
    Nemo just pedal, getting your leg over the bike is the hardest part some days.
  • Options

@Nemo - 2x15 on the trainer.  you can do it.  Sometimes I feel like the only riding i get to do is on the trainer.  I blame work

@Dan - Enjoy the Dan Band.  Very jealous

I had a great run today.  It is really rare that I get out early am on Tues. morning because of work, but today was unique.  I am carzy/lucky enough to be going on my first amily vacation next week, so I decided to ramp it up a little bit today.  Run was 200's, 800's, 200's 400's.  I had good music playing and was able to run as the sun was coming up.  The first set of 200's descended to 5:00min/mile pace. The 800's were right on 5:15.  The legs kept feeling stronger and the second set of 200's were better than the first.   Although tired, the 400's went off without too much pain.  It was just really nice to go out and have a nice run under some really nice conditions.

TG

• Options
    Everybody is doing awesome this week ! I've been missing from the board..busy, busy at the accountant. April 15 yet ??! I wish. I got outside for my run today. Ran intervals but my fine idea of greek yogurt 15min before heading out was not too smart. It was painful for a while ! I should know better. Tomorrow a day off finally, well at least in the daytime, got to work at 5 from the other job. I haven't had a day off in 20days !

Come april though it will get better. The bike has been going good. I like the 30/30's so far . I'm a bit afraid of what is around the corner. I have a friend in Nov OS who gave me a bit of a spoiler. Scary stuff coming kids..

Nathalie
  • Options
    did 4 x (5 x 30/30s) today and into the headwind and all was well and no more!! did the workout and no more! wore my st patrick's day socks! rode outside but in tights and two long sleeves so a cool day but nice to be out. did some beach shopping afterwards!
  • Options

I got a shortened bike ride in yesterday that I have not even downloaded the data.  I'm taking today off for the final week 20 FTT and will finishs the week out with the run workouts.

Gordon