Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

2016 IMWI ROLL CALL & INTRO

2»

Comments

• Options
    OOOH! So excited to see so many peeps here already! YAY!

First, myself and a crew from MI will be in town as well the weekend of August 5,6,7 for our EN "Camp" planning on riding the course Friday and Saturday and running Sunday. Excited to meet some of you there!

So, details: I'm Trish, happily married to my "sponsor" who thinks I'm a bit crazy, with 2 adult kiddos that still live at home. I'm gonna have a 53 scrawled on my calf race morning. I've been with EN since 2013 and this will be IM #7 for me. I've race IMFL twice, IMLP, IMAZ, IMMT, and last year (booooo) IMCHOO which was not a good day. This years goal is to NOT walk the back half of the marathon.

My year has not been great up to this point training wise with a few issues keeping me from being consistent, but I'm back in the swing of things and taking it one day at a time and refusing to look in the review mirror for 2013 Trish who was much better trained, lighter and faster. image

I'm really excited to race in Madison because:
    1) YOU GUYS!!! I love love love racing with a big EN crew!
    2) I've heard about the epic crowd support!
    3) I've read all of Ian's race reports and they are inspiring (and funny!)
    4) I've run a bit there as my daughter used to do a yearly workshop on campus and it's pretty!
    5) Chicago debauchery post race on the way home! image

• Options
    Wow, looks like a great EN crew for this one. IMWI will be #5 for me & third in Madison.
    Being a local Wisconsinite I have logged lots of time on the bike course, glad to help out wherever I can.

@Fredrick – I hear all of the fast guys live in Kohler - Jeremy Behler had mentioned your name as one of the local EN'ers.
  • Options
    @Mark. Yes, Jeremy is a crazy super fast athlete. He is also a very nice guy, very knowledgeable, helpful and such an inspiration. He also mentioned your name. Looking forward to officially meet you. So many freaky good ironman athletes within 10 miles!

@All. I will be riding the bike course this Saturday and probably a few more times between July 6-10th. I start from Fireman Park and generally do 2 loops. I don't stay overnight (but always like to swing by the Trek Store - my candy store!).

PS. 2 weeks after IMTX, I fell hard and busted really badly my left kidney - huge internal bleeding. I was off for 4 weeks (2 for recovery from IMTX and 2 weeks for the injuries). I am finally back at it but lost a lot. I am back 100% at the training plan, not cheating although always tempted to! The (lack of) ramping up is painful! I hope that the 4 weeks off will offer a benefit - 50 year old man must need those! Time will fly very fast and the race will be there! Let's all be careful, no injuries and let's all remember that the biggest challenges are through the training - not the race.
  • Options
    Brian Quarton from Southern Illinois back for the third time!
  • Options

Scott Liston from Fairfield, OH (near Cincinnati) checking in.  I have been with Endurance Nation since 2010.  I did IM Louisville in '10 and '11.  This will be my third IM.  And I know Jeremy Behler image.  He and I worked together at P&G.  I am married with four children 18 to 26.

Training has been going surprisingly well.  A friend of mine and I are trying to find dates to come up and ride the course.  I look forward to learning from each of you over the coming weeks and meeting you in September.

• Options
    Glenn Wiedenhoeft here, from Ames, Iowa. "IM" excited about my first Ironman at IMWI 2016!
    What weekends in Aug will EN people be riding the course?

I've been with EN since 2014 when I did my second HALF. EN is my coaching and race execution wisdom, but Team World Vision is my jersey and mission - so I don't know who to line up with before the race; you may have orange shirt among you! I volunteered for IMWI last year and was stoked to happen upon the EN group and listen in on the pre-race pep talk, mostly a group recitation of the #4keys.
    Wicked smart member William Jenks has been at my side in mourning loss, in the pool (well, many laps ahead of me) for technique, my on-the-ground advice and intro to training with power, and an economical source of used tri stuff! I wish I had another hour every day to spend gleaning practical lessons from you veterans; nonetheless, I did get so much good reasoning from my question to the forum about purchasing a power meter.
    Testing the hypothesis, at age 58 and relatively new triathlete, that there's still time to get faster while getting older. Recently did my third HIM on the same course as 3 years ago, and I was only 30 sec slower! image Darn close to a PR.

• Options
    Hello IMWI teammates. I am in for the race. This is my 4th Ironman race as a member of EN.  I will be there for race week, but I don't believe I will be making a camp week. I hope everyone is training well, staying healthy and mentally preparing for the big event.
  • Options
    Hello All! Late to the party (or the Thread!) as usual. Trish said I better sign in and I always do what she says so here I am. Racing IMWI. It will be my 6th and I'm looking forward to all the shenanigans! I know how much Mariah loves shenanaigans! Now I guess I've got a lot of work to do to get ready. Like Trish posted we will be out in Madison on the course on Aug 5-7 for a preview.
  • Options
    Greetings everyone! I've been with EN for about 2 years after successfully racing short course for 3 years prior. EN got me dialed in for Racine last year, and I had a solid HIM. This will be my 1st full IM and I'm stoked. Training volume is insane right now but I love it. I'm married with 2 daughters (6&8). Hardest part has been juggling work, family time and training. I live in Valparaiso,IN just SE of Chicago. Hard to believe it's almost here. See you all soon!!
  • Options
    Hello! This will be my second full. Looking forward to a great race with so many teammates!
  • Options
    Dave Barr here for the 5th time. Been with EN before it was EN and with Coach Rich. Something has always come up that causes an injury, etc so this year the goal is to be healthy, even if that means being under trained. Have some goals but the main priority is execution and seeing what I can do......
  • Options
    First year with EN and first IM was 2014 at Wisconsin. Great experience!! Hoping to repeat the fun.
    No IM last year. Was attempting to backpack from Oregon to Canada but trip was cut short at 280 miles due to the Cascades going up in flames. Hopefully my race at IMWI won't do the same this year!
    Looking forward to supporting the team.
    Just got my EN trucker hat in the mail. I already feel faster.
  • Options

I'm looking for the spreadsheet that we usually put all of our information into for the race, anyone know where it is located or if we still do that?  All I can find is the 2015 version.

Any details on the team dinner?

Dave

• Options
    @dave - I have made the reservations and time and date in the forums but haven't posted how to pay yet - that will be next week. We no longer have the excel sheet you are referring to. I will do a dedicated forum post next week for the team dinner! But its always Thursday evening for reference - can't wait to see you all there!