Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman North Carolina [Retired]
Options

2016 IM NC Week 13-The Bike

Week 13 - Knowledge burst
SO how did last week go?? @ Jay- how’s did those extra bike sessions go?? Sounds like everyone is workin hard so lets hear about it!!!  Does anyone have a 70.3 this weekend? Coaches like to have you break up your race season into A, B, C races and this is traditionally the last weekend you can have a 70.3 leading up to your full.
This week is a Bike Focus Week. Coaches have strategically put in some volume bumps within the plan to prepare you for your race! This will be a chance for your to push your boundaries in cycling. So what do you have on your plan for cycling this week? Going anywhere beautiful and exciting to enjoy the time outside?

Camp is in two weeks - see how this is going to work into your schedule.  Any questions, don't hesitate to ask myself or Coach P. So now I turn it over to the fantastic you! Let's hear a check in Learn anything??? 
Let me know if you need ANYTHING at all!! Let’s GET IT!!

Comments

• Options
    Hello everyone! Looking forward to Labor Day Weekend. Of course the weather people want us all freaking out about storms coming through, but so far I've had zero interruptions in my training plans. Let's hope that luck holds through the weekend!
  • Options
    Hi all. Hope everyone is enjoying the Labor Day weekend. Just done with 75 miles on the bike followed by a 4.5 mile run and feeling good. How many weeks until I get a normal life back though? image
  • Options
    My weekend was turned upside-down by Hermine. Frustrating for sure because I already had plans to take a "down" weekend this upcoming week to travel to NJ for a reunion. I spent time on the trainer Sat/Sun and then finally got outside to ride yesterday. Only 60 miles, but that was a strait out & back with 10-15mph wind at my back for the 1st 30 miles (Avg 20mph) and then strait into it for the second 30 (Avg 15mph). It was sucktastic! On a positive note, I rode both splits at a steady even pace with the first half NP exactly the same as the second half (and that was my goal). Knowing it's very rare in a race to ever face head into a wind for 2 strait hours built some confidence. But I admit to feeling pretty spent when I got off the bike (like- thank GOD I'm not running now!)