Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

2017 IM Louisville- Week 12- LOVE the chatter- TESTING

2»

Comments

• Options
    @Paul Curtin thanks for all the TP help!
  • Options
    Is anyone planning on doing any of these rides?  I would love to ride the course once or twice for one of the upcoming RR or camp week.  5.5 hour drive for me, so I could go down after work Thursday of Friday.  
    No automatic alt text available

• Options
    @Paul Curtin, I am pulling the data from TP. I do know sometimes I push a bit to hard on some hills to spike the numbers. Do you or anyone for that matter caps watts on hills, flats or decents? If so, do you memorize or have them on your bike? I'm pleased with the bike progression and how good I feel coming off, just trying to cover all my bases. 
  • Options
    @Jeff Kane I have created my bike plan in Best Bike Split, and they recommend what your watts should spike to on climbs based off your FTP and your planned IF (and other inputs).  I have not printed it, but I'd like to ride the course and then reference a few of the climbs.
  • Options
    @Brian Hagan, thats a great idea!
  • Options
    @Paul Curtin - I'm going to call you the TrainingPeaks Czar!  I just learned 2 things about TP.  I've only tried the lemon lime flavor and will order the orange this week.  I'm sticking with the flavors that will be used during the race. 

I just looked at the VI from my weekend outside and trainer rides. Outside ride VI was 1.06 and trainer was 1.07.  On the trainer I used a TrainerRoad workout and each interval had a VI between 1.0 and 1.03.  Looks like I'm having the same issue with TP incorrectly calculating VI? My 520 is set to auto pause.  Since these rides are at RPP (Z2-Z3) I'm not too worried about VI, but like @Brian Hagan said, I'll focus on steady riding at race watts on the race rehearsals and in race mode, my 520 auto laps every 5 miles so that should show accurate VIs.

This week will be a bike recovery week for me as I'll be out of town Tuesday - Sunday.  I plan to do all the runs (some extended runs) and swims.
  • Options
    @Brian Hagan -- I might be up for a road trip to Lou.  The best weekend would be week 17  (Sept 22-24) - not sure if you want to wait that long.  Let's chat sometime this week

Had a decent swim yesterday, then thought that I'd get ahead of the game with a run brick ... but that wasn't happening ... I was gassed after that swim.  TSB was way out of whack so I may need an easy day or two.  These weekend WKOs take an awful lot of energy - sure hope they're making me faster/stronger/better