Home Announcements 🎙

Endurance Nation Training Plans Have a New (Interactive!) Home with Final Surge

13»

Comments

• @Carol DeFazio

it's confusing because there are two places to do it in FS.

I "think" you have to make sure you are doing all of your work in the "Endurance Nation" drop down menu, top left.

I believe when you choose a plan, it will prompt you for zones which somehow is different than entering the zones under the zone section... but smarter people may know better.

• @Carol DeFazio @Scott Dinhofer
    The zone thing is the same. You can enter the zone information either way.

Carol,
    Here is the way I did it:
    1. Chose "Workouts" from the top bar
    2. Chose "HR/Power/Pace" from the drop down menu
    3. I then put all my HR, Pace, Power zones in the "Run" and Power & HR
    zones in for the "bike" and Pace zones in for the "Swim"
    3a. You can either enter all this stuff manually or let it auto-calculate
    based on your threshold numbers. If you do the auto-calculation - select
    "Endurance Nation" in the drop down as the calculation method
    4. "Save Zone"
    5. The double check to make sure the zone information is correct by
    clicking on the "+" in front of the Run, Bike or Swim.

Now you are ready to use the "Endurance Nation" tab in the top bar
    1. Select "Find a Plan"
    2. Select your Start or End Date.
    3. Chose your "HR" or "Pace" or "Power" focus.
    3a.
    4. Click on the little check box that "*Confirm by checking box*

I have read the "Training Plan Customization" section in the sidebar and
    understand that I need to set my training zones before applying any
    training plan in order to have my plan customized for me."

At this point you should have workouts with zones.

ProTip:

If you are doing the last 12 weeks of a plan and using the end date. Coach
    P did a video on how to do that here:

https://www.endurancenation.us/help/loading-specific-plan-weeks-into-your-final-surge-calendar/

Does that work for you?

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 8:27 AM scott dinhofer <
    teamenforums+d24803-s6029573@gmail.com> wrote:

> [image: Endurance Nation Community]
    >
    > ------------------------------
    > scott dinhofer commented on Endurance Nation Training Plans Have a New
    > (Interactive!) Home with Final Surge
    >
    > @Carol DeFazio
    >
    > it's confusing because there are two places to do it in FS.
    >
    > I "think" you have to make sure you are doing all of your work in the
    > "Endurance Nation" drop down menu, top left.
    >
    > I believe when you choose a plan, it will prompt you for zones which
    > somehow is different than entering the zones under the zone section... but
    > smarter people may know better.
    >
    > --
    > Reply to this email directly or follow the link below to check it out:
    >
    > https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/270434#Comment_270434
    > Check it out
    >
    >
  • @scott dinhofer and @matt limbert THANKS so much for your responses. I did get it to work after reading your advice. It's pretty cool! Thanks again...

• I have a quick Final Surge question -- how/when do you add part of a plan. For example, I want to add the last nine weeks of a 24-week plan to end on March 2nd. Do I have to wait until the end of my current training (new plan starts Dec 31st) block to add the next one?

Follow-up question, my race is on a Saturday. Should I put in that Sunday as the end date to do things the Endurance Nation way?

• edited November 27, 2018 7:41PM

Janyne,

You don't have to wait to add the next block of training.

If you are doing the last couple weeks of a plan and using the end date.

Coach P did a video on how to do that here:

https://www.endurancenation.us/help/loading-specific-plan-weeks-into-your-final-surge-calendar/

You load the entire plan but delete the weeks you don't need. Make sure you pick an end date way in the future, then delete the weeks you don't need, then shift the remaining final weeks to the start date you want.

Its important to load the plan with plenty of weeks into the future so you don't delete any current or future workouts. If you load the new plan to end 26 weeks past March 2 (whatever that is). Then delete the weeks you don't want, shift/move the remaining weeks to start on March 2 . That way you will be safe from deleting any of your current or planned training up to March 2.

• Thanks for the tip, @matt limbert! I hadn't found that video in my searching.

• Got the last nine weeks of the plan loaded. Easy peasy! Thanks for the tips!

• So I did my OS Bike test and yeahh my FTP went up. I changed it in FS but how do I get my zones to update in the workout descriptions? delete the rest of the workouts and reload OS and move up in similar fashion to above directions?

• edited November 30, 2018 1:27AM

how does one properly update their zones in FS and have the new #s show up in their current plan (part way through a plan)? I know this has been covered, but i can't seem to find it! @matt limbert ?

• Do we have to change our zones and then  re add the plan and move the weeks we haven't done yet up to where our new zones start?

• Rob, great question. This is more of a "Final Surge" question than an
    "Endurance Nation" question. I believe there is a way and Brenda is working
    with them on a video...
  • Under the EN Tab at top, go to "Set up Training Zones".

Adjust your zones as needed.

Then,

Under the EN Tab at top, go to "Your Plan History".

Select the "Adjust Plan" button next to the loaded plan that you want to adjust.

Select "Update My Zones".

Select the Run Zones and the Bike Zones you want to use. You need to select both even if you are only adjusting one.

Select "Continue".

Select "Confirm and Adjust".

• Not sure, but that may also update the zones in workouts that are already be completed.

• @Bill Eckert @Robert Sabo @scott dinhofer

Bill - great instructions.

The zones in the historical workouts same the same, only future workout zones and descrptions change.

• Thanks all!!! For reference...

How to update your integrated Training Zones inside Final Surge now added
    to the EN Help Site:
    https://www.endurancenation.us/help/final-surge-how-to-update-your-integrated-training-zones/
  • @Patrick Hayden created this great schematic to provide one strategy for getting Zwift workouts into final surge. He shared it in group me and others suggested it gets posted here. Thanks Patrick!! Hope you don’t mind me sharing your great work!

• I like the diagram above — i must have done something wrong though because all my workouts are showing up twice in final surge.

• @Al Truscott -- Completed workouts are showing up twice. It must be pulling from Strava AND Garmin Connect

• @Al Truscott - If you sync all your run/bike to both Strava and Connect and have both send the data on to FS you will get duplicates. To be honest, the only reason to not just pull from Strava by itself is if you have a Stryd or similar run power meter, you lose its power metrics.

There are/were 2 current issues with syncing data to FS:

1. Strava doesn't support sending run power metrics (only impacts run power users)
    2. Garmin will not fwd workouts from 3rd parties (aka Zwift so you have to use Stava until direct Zwift -> FS integration happens or run another device)

I ended up, pointing all my Zwift to Strava and it gets none of my other workouts, I then pull all the other data from Garmin Connect to prevent the duplicate issue. Note: You can send the Zwift data to Connect w/o worry of duplicates, since they won't fwd it on to any downstream connections.

• Quick FS question for everyone...

I have the 12 week RDP plan loaded up (start on 9/21 and end on 12/13). I'm currently in week 5, and FS isn't showing me any workouts beyond this week. It's the same in both the 'traditional' view as well as the new hybrid calendar view (and the sync to my iCal). Any idea how I can get the rest of the plan to show up?

Thanks,

John

• @John Katsoudas I don't see them in your account either. I can see the first four weeks, and then the start of another week but then all future workouts are deleted. What you can do is click on the 19th and delete all of the workouts from there until the 25th and then upload the second RDP block in the third RDP block. You should only be able to see a 3 different four-week I RDP blocks in your list of options under Py Plans.

• @Janyne Kizer , @Coach Patrick thank you both. That worked. What I had loaded before was called "RDP 3 month build". Coach P. - I think you had loaded that plan into FS for me based on my last message to you. I was surprised to see a 12 week RDP plan but was like, "hey, that's cool".

I've now got phase 2 and 3 loaded and all looks good.

Thanks,

John