Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Patricia Rosen Official Coach Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    ah hah! Canada qualifies for Kona this year… well I can hope.

Patricia Rosen, MD, MPH
    Austin Toxicology
    4303 Hyridge Drive
    Austin, TX 78759
    www.toxicologyevaluation_austin.yourmd.com
    512.371.8840 (fax)

pbrosen2us@icloud.com
  • Options

Honestly, I don't think there's a guaranteed way to do it. And given the number of slots that they're giving out to legacy athletes, I'm not sure how much room will be left for anybody new. I just got off the phone with someone on Friday who is not due to race until 2024, but he was offered a slot. Wish I had more info for you!

I do believe they pushed the qualification deadline back to the very end of August so that others can join Via the postponed events?

That could be a better Facebook question...

~ Coach P

• Options

ok, now I've got a question... I'll try to fix this myself but may need some help:

so obviously Tulsa got cancelled, Canada got cancelled and Worlds in New Zealand got cancelled:

I am doing the DIY race

and I'm signed up for Texas/Waco in October (fat chance that will happen!) anyway.... can you all make sure the right plan is in there?

I thought I did it correctly but I had no WO for today... so I think I'm on a pst race 4 week thing...

Thanks for taking a look at this!

• Options

@Patricia Rosen - course, super happy to help you out. It's been a wacky season so it's really hard to keep track of all the things that we are supposed to be doing.

Just took a look at your final surgery count, and everything seems OK. We've lined up your training plans and I bumped them so that they start on Monday instead of Sunday. Let me know if there's any issues!

~ Coach P

• Options
    Thanks, coach P!

did you put in the half iron training fori DIY?

my thought was just stay with the full IM and just do the race..

I can certainly do 56 miles and 13.1 run… it will all be outside for sure… I tired one of those indoor rides that were 56 miles and it was crazy!

Patricia Rosen, MD, MPH
    Austin Toxicology
    4303 Hyridge Drive
    Austin, TX 78759
    www.toxicologyevaluation_austin.yourmd.com
    512.371.8840 (fax)

pbrosen2us@icloud.com
  • Options

@Patricia Rosen - yes, I just loaded that have planned for you so you should be all set now. I don't think it's a good idea for you to train for a full and race a half. You are already so good at volume, dropping things down to an a half distance is a great chance for you to work on strength and speed. Hopefully it gives you some time to catch up on sleep as well!!!

• Options
    edited October 27, 2020 11:15AM

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

Your Races

Your Top Event / Race for the Season is:

ironman Tx, april; ironmanCoeur d'alaine, tulsa and canada and god knows what else (all due to deferring one or another races that did not happen) CdA is my principal race

Your Second Event / Race for the Season is:

oh, okay... I guess IM Canada

Your Third Event / Race for the Season is:

I plan to defer everything else and sign up for a half IM. my spot for Worlds is moved to 2022

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on within Final Surge by clicking on the Training Plans > View My Plans. If you need help manipulating your plans in Final Surge, be sure to check out our Help Site. Remember, you can learn more about each plan and find related plan resources on the Plan Descriptions and Resources page.

>> Last updated by Coach on 10/27/2020

• On 11/2/2020  Load the  OutSeason for Triathletes (Bike Focus) Plan (14wks) to end on  2/7/2021  70 [  10 weeks  ]
    • On 1/11/2021  Load the  Swim Camp  to end on  1/24/2021  7  [  1  weeks  ]
    • On 1/18/2021  Load the  EN Full Prep Plan (4wks)  to end on  2/14/2021  14 [  2  weeks  ]
    • On 2/1/2021  Load the  EN Full Bike Focused (12wks)  to end on  4/25/2021  84 [  12 weeks  ]
    • 🚨Future plan integration to follow for other events! 🚨

Your Notes

Tell Us Your Background / Racing History: ironman, running races, and lots of biking and swimming; occasional competitions in those disciplines

What is Your Focus Level for this Season? Maintain My Trajectory

Give Us One Sentence That Defines Your Successful Season: nonexistent although i won half IM in Campeche and half marathon in Bankersmith, Tx (Battle of Hillotes)

What is Your Biggest Limiter to Success? work!

Anything Else We Should Know? well, I think you know me anyway... I'm a frenetic athlete. I do not like to sit still

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

• Options

Thanks, coach! well last week was a bust for my bike camp! I will be trying to fit in a short bike today and a longer bike tomorrow from the prior homework. I just figured out how to login to the alumni page. Going forward I think my schedule at work will settle into normal. of course that still sucks a lot!

anyway, my principal race interest for next year is Coeur d'Alene but I really want to have some fun in Canada! Tulsa is like, meh? and Texas is like, whatever.... I think it will get cancelled anyway.

thank you so much! how will I get the bike camp work into the routine schedule? and I am guessing I need an appointment to retest...

Cheers! stay warm! stay healthy and happy halloween! I'm working tonight so before I do my workout I have to make my mask!

• Options

Coach, I signed up for 70.3 in Puerto Rico. Date is 21st of March 2021

• Options

@Patricia Rosen

I saw your post in Best Bike Camp and thought this might be the best way to reply. Your training blocks for your Season Roadmap from Coach Patrick are all loaded up into Final Surge. You are in the OutSeason right now.

As for testing. You don't need to make an appointment. You can do it whenever you feel rested and ready. Although, I would appreciate a heads up so that I can be ready to run your data! 🤣

If you are not ready for week 2 of the OutSeason, then start with week 1 workouts and we can shift the OutSeason a week. If you are not ready to start the OutSeason just yet - do one of the VO2 workouts from Bike Camp. Starting the OutSeason soon (like next week) will set you up well for Puerto Rico and CDA.

Once you re-test - Coach Patrick will give you some additional guidance on how to modify the OutSeason. It's okay to get started with the OutSeason because we will most likely swap out the two interval workouts (or modify them slightly).

• Options

ok! I am ready. this sounds good to me. I'm training for a marathon in February also and half marathon in January but I can wrap those into the other stuff onFS without difficulty.

where are the WO in Zwift if there are any that match the FS workouts? I did one of the WO from the Zwift WO listed for a full IM... week six...

I have two weekend shifts and a daytime shift tomorrow... so I probably will try to retest next week...

• Options

@Patricia Rosen You can download the Bike Camp Workouts from the www.bestbikecamp.com - alumni section. The password is: BestBikeTwo

The OutSeason and IM plans can be downloaded from here (see links in right side bar)

Retesting next week sounds great. You can use the same Zwift workout files you already downloaded!

• Options

thanks for the ink on the outseason workouts. got it

• Options

so.... guess what! the marathon and half marathon got cancelled! no surprise there! anyway, just hanging out waiting for your interpretation of new numbers from bike camp testing, @matt limbert and looking forward to new platform. thanks for keeping my mind sharp and my body tired!

• Options

@Patricia Rosen - hey there...sorry to hear about your race being cancelled. We are crunching your numbers this week with an eye for data to you around Monday. The platform is imminent! 💥

• Options

also, on my current workouts on FS I'm supposed to be testing. I did not since I just tested... I guess I can run a 5 K...