Home Group Discussion-OutSeason November 2010
Options

Week 15 Run

2»

Comments

• Options
    Week 15 is done! The run went well today. Fatigue seems to be passing.

2 x 1 mile @ 7:58, 7:52 (Goal pace 8:22...ooops)

20' @ 8:38 pace (Goal pace 8:39...better)

Five more weeks left!!!
  • Options
    I went off the plan today and went for a trail run. It was good to be out in the woods. The trail is fairly technical up and down single track that runs along the river. Ran for 1:45. No idea of pace or distance, just wanted to strip it down to the basics and just run. Trails were sloppy with the thawing. I managed to catch 3 different groups of mountain bikers along the way. Good for the ego, but they were just spinning their wheels in the muck.
  • Options
    Posted By Matt Sullivan on 12 Feb 2011 02:08 PM

I swapped my Saturday and Sunday workouts this weekend. I'm a bit more focused on my long run now and I find that the Saturday VO2/brick negatively impacts it. The plan was to run 10 miles with 2 warm up then 2x2 at goal HMP. I hit miles 2-3 at 6:22 and 6:18 (a bit fast). I was going to recover for a mile then do another 2 hard. I ended up running my recovery mile at 6:50 pace and felt abssolutely great. I decided to skip the intervals and just run the rest by feel. I ended up with 10 miles in 67:30 (6:45 pace) average. I hit the last mile in 6:25. I am getting psyched for the half mary that I'm doing in March. We'll see how I feel tomorrow but I feel pretty good right now.

Whoa, that is a serious run Matt.  Well done.

I did a cold windy 10 miler with former team member [now a training plan dude] Kevin Lanahan.  Having done 4x800 again last night, skate skied and swam yesterday I was in no mood for the intervals.  Turned into a pretty hard run to stay warm.  Most right around 7 mins, a few sub 6:30.  Had planned to skate ski this afternoon.  Now thinking feet up by the fire is a good call.

• Options

I had another quality run today with a total of 4.6 miles at or better than Z4 pace using Normalized Graded Pace on hills………………………

connect.garmin.com/activity/68138984

Beautiful 70 degrees today!!

• Options

1 hour  8.5 miles 7:11 total pace 2 X 1 mile repeats @ 6:04 and 6:15.    Very happy with the results, time to rest and recover !!

Another week in the books,  and I can smell the end of the OS, and it smells fine.

• Options
    Fun run outside in the sunshine today. Z4 goal is 7:36... actually did the first mile in 7:35 (so much for warming up) and the 4th mile in 7:13. 7.5 miles in 60 minutes (PB!). Off to hit the slopes this week, might sneak in a run or two if possible but probably won't be posting again until next week. I'm only down about 2 lbs since beginning of OS... looking forward to seeing what happens when I drop 10lbs or so during ironman build!
  • Options
    Got it done outside w/ my dog, I thought about adding some miles then thought nah, I didn't want to beat him up too bad since he hasn't been out much this year since the weather has been so horrible.

2x1 mile 5:51, 5:47.
    Kept it short somewhere around 4.2 miles total. I've now got a dog who needs a bath
  • Options
    Rogue long run outside run today leading to Boston. 18 miles with no pace expectations other than negative split and getting the time in. I think it was 2:42 but not sure cause I got an error from Garmin on the download - no data! Third time with bad data. First half was @ 9:05 when I turned around, and was on for sub 9 at last look near mile 15.

Felt good to go long outside in the sun..... and glad I didn't do any intervals.....he he heeeee
  • Options
    Yesterday's run was tougher than usual. Went a little longer, trying to pick up the volume a touch. And trying to transition to outside more, bringing with it more hills.

3.5 miles to the HS track
    2x1 mile at 7:10 pace with 2' recovery between
    then 3.5 miles home getting in plenty of z3/z4 in on the flats and descents but I dropped down to 'ez' on the climbs.

legs felt heavy heading out the door, intervals were a failure (goal of 7:00), but I did feel better with the tempo's on the way back. A little sore today, but it was my first 10miler of the year. Will probably make this a building point for the rest of the long runs of the year. I like the idea of getting a little distance in combo with mid-run intervals at the track.

• Options
    I went a little off the reservation yesterday. It was really nice outside (relatively speaking of course) and I just had to get out and about. Life handed me 90 minutes, so I used most of it.

I did 1 mi and 2 mi at ~ 6:33 pace, just a few sec faster than I'm "supposed to". Was feeling very good in that second mile interval, so I just kept going for another, into the wind. :-)

Finished up with an 11.2 mi run overall on my relatively hilly route. Did a REALLY easy warmup, so overall pace was ~7:30.