Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

2014 IM Lake Placid Official Introductory Thread

Comments

• Options

I'm in the Get Fast Plan until April 6th, then over to the IM Plan, and count down to July 27!!

Will also be attending the EN LP camp in June.

• Options
    Hey all...

Larry, I dealt with bronchitis about halfway through OS, so I have had to change a few plans as well.

I have had a nice week of training (I'm a teacher so February vaca is happening) and decided to re-do the last month of the OS a month ago. I am on the 2nd to last week with my final testing next week. I then go into swim camp and then the IM plan. This week I have also gotten/built up a new orbea tri frame. I have been upgrading my specialize transition since I got it 7 years ago. It might have been the only aluminum tt frame out there with dura ace group. I also upgraded the crank from an ultegra compact to a quarq compact.

Excited for all this snow to melt around where I live so I can get back out on the road! Have fun this weekend all!

-Pete
  • Options

I'll be attending the camp in June as well.  

Right now I'm on the Get Faster plan to finish on 3/30.  Then I jump into weeks 12-16 of the HIM plan for Quassy, then pick up in week 9 of the IM plan for the countdown to Jul 27. 

Yesterday's swim and run went well; nothing too exciting to speak of.  I feel stronger/more confident swimming the longer distances but anxiously awaiting the speed improvement. 

• Options

@ Lance - Typically the coaches try to encourage individuals to focus on other races / events until 12 or so weeks out.  It's just a long way to start focusing on an IM.  Having said that you might get more traction if you started a new thread.  I know as the race approaches this forum will need a few to lead and it's always great to have a thread to post successes and failures to.  There are lots of EN'ers at this race and the buzz will start to happen.   

For me I'm just volunteering this year and an still in the JOS week 8.  No IM this year so just living vicariously through all of you.

• Options

Hi guys image

I won't be racing Lake Placid, but since my race in good old Europe will be held at exactly the same day and the bike course looks somewhat similar, I thought I join you guys to share the training mojo image

Train hard, race harder image

Sandro

• Options

Just checking in with fellow EN IMLP team-mates.

The participant list for IMLP is posted. Lots of familiar names.

In the final weeks of Get Faster Plan, then Ironman Training Plan kicks in

See you at camp, if not sooner.

Best.

• Options

@ Bill,  What is on your schedule. I am in week 3 of the GF plan. I do not have any 1/2 iron races on my schedule. I am hoping for a good spell of warmer weather to get a big bike week in. I am seriously tired of winter.

• Options
    @Bill - also finishing up the GF plan. Then I'm onto some ofthe HIM plan leading up to Quassy before dropping into the IM plan. I'm with Edwin....sick of Winter and the cold! See you at camp.
  • Options

@Edwin - nothing on my schedule yet image IMLP is my first ironman so focus is on the EN training plans and the camp in June.

@Brad & Edwin - also looking forward to saying good-bye to winter and getting outside on the Cervelo!!

• Options
    Hi all,
    I had originally signed up for the Lake Placid camp and I have decided not to go.. If anybody is interested in buying my entry for the camp. I bought it before the price change. Please drop me a line or email at sshurey@me.com

Thanks
  • Options

As you see Simon has a forsale sign if you have not been to Lake placid or an EN camp, this camp will be astronomical in value to you ! I have done IMLP 4 times and train alot there when I can. The area just throws so many curve balls at you that is invaluable. I willl be there when the EN camp is in full swing in June, hope to meet old friends and new members !

• Options

WOOHOO!!! I have Simon's spot for IMLP camp  Everything worked out with school (we had enough snow days that we will be going into the following week....just couldn't miss the last day) and I am available to go that weekend!! I am beyond excited for this experience!!

But unfortunately, my hubby will not be able to join me so I will be traveling up solo. So here is my roommate wanted ad! LOL 

Any females going to IMLP camp interested in sharing a room at the Hampton Inn? I am a quiet sleeper and very neat! Would love to room with a teammate!! Please let me know if you are interested ASAP! THANKS!!! 

• Options
    Hello All!
    I'm going to tag on here as I'm doing Vineman Full on July 26th. Just finished a sucsessful OS and heading into Swim camp for 2 weeks. (started this week)
    Prior HX:
    IMAZ in 2012; HITS70.3Napa '12&'13; Lake Havasu '13 (and Blue Water Triathlon-Long '11&'12)
  • Options

Hello

I'm not officially doing IMLP, but am doing the Cotswold 226 in the UK on 10-Aug, so close enough - I'll be 2 weeks behind you all!! I've survived the NOS and GF sessions and have dropped into HIM plan - currently wk14 and suffering nicely with the additional volume.... tiredness is a state of mind!

• Options

Got nothing better to do tomorrow so taking this opportunity to do a training day in LP on Easter Sunday(c'mon no judging). Weather looks good and I need a prod to get myself focused.

• Options
    Just a quick howdy.

I will be back at Lake Placid in July for #5 in LP, #12 overall.

Good luck to all in their training and race prep.

Brad
  • Options
    Wow - many first timers choosing IMLP as your first. It was my first full IM also and I think one of the most beautiful! This will be my third IM. Last year my husband and I and fellow OSC tackled IMWI. There is just something so magical about Lake Placid I had to come back. For those of you doing your first IM I highly recommend the training camp. We did the camp and found the information invaluable! Coach Patrick knows this course like the back of his hand and he can help you with all the little nuances that can help to make or break your day.

Looking forward to meeting all of you and getting to know you a little more as we journey closer to race day.

Natalie
  • Options

ENers still looking for lodging for Ironman weekend?  2 places available for 4 nights each, Thurs- Mon. 

Catamount Cottage at The Northpole Resorts, 1 queen in private bedroom, pullout sofa, kitchen. Additional sleeping for children in carpeted lofts. $1061.16

I also have a friend with a Whiteface Lodge Superior 2 room suite, 600 to 700 square feet. Queen-size pullout sofa in LR , separate master KIng BR with bath. full kitchen.  Reserved 4 nights, Thurs-Mon.  $2775.92

• Options
    I'm in, this will be my 1st IM. New to the EN team. I've been following the EN 20 week beginner plan off Training Peaks up until now & will be transitioning to the current plan this week. I'll also be at the training camp in June.
  • Options

Graham,

That sounds incredible and welcome to the group and the mojo!

Having been to the Cotswalds, I would love to ride and run those hills. Please, please, please, take lots of pictures if you go for a training weekend. And, by all means, include as much as you can about the surroundings in your race report!

• Options
    Hey Team, checking into the IMLP group! I'm excited for this race and really looking forward to training with everyone. It will be my 3rd IM and 1st at LP. I raced Moo in '12 and Lou in '13. I did not race to my full potential in either race so that's my main goal at LP this year. I'll be attending the camp in June. I hope to meet a bunch of you there!
  • Options

Here we are just 12.5 weeks out. The big volume begins. Not wanting to start off the IM plan on to much of a high, I went out and took on a flu or "demon". This should ensure that I start the IM plan right at the bottom of my fitness. I will be fresh. I have searched the EN Wiki, but I can't find the exorcism protocols. 

• Options

Rest up and beat that virus Edwin. You'll be back in good shape.

I am fighting a cold too. Because it's affecting me from the neck up, I am still doing my bike and running, but a power zone or two lower and resting up a lot. Will stop if it gets any worse.

• Options

Received a shiny new DVD in the mail today - "Ironman 2013 World Championship". 

Great LP team mojo 

Thanks Ray!!

Cheers.

• Options

Got an hour of ABP riding done this morning. Still only have minimal power and endurance is limited as well. However, today was much better than two days ago. So, I will see how things go tomorrow. Hoping for a couple of intervals in the 8 to 10 minute length around 100%.  We'll see...

• Options

@Edwin, you may want to check out Joe Friel's Triathlete's Training Bible on training with the flu (just to be on the safe side )

• Options
    Thanks Bill. I don't have that book, but I will look it up. I am definitely moving closer to full health. Today's workout was good. My legs at least feel normal now. Three days in a row without any workouts has brought on some interesting physical effects. From what I can tell, my muscles were royally ticked off that no work was being done. My glutes & hip flexors have been killing me. After the ride today, I feel normal again.
  • Options

Although I am definitely not back to 100%, I am back in the saddle. I just did my first high intensity workout in a week.  My lungs are not there, and my legs were marginal. However, I was able to ride 3, ten minute intervals with good cadence and intensity. I hit 1.01 IF, 0.97 IF & 1.00 IF and finished the workout with a total ride time of 1:06 and overall intensity of .85. Can't wait to see how I feel tomorrow. Ride strong everyone. Twelve weeks to go.

• Options
    Well done Edwin!! 

My cold has affected training this week too, but getting better. So the plan for tomorrow is a long ride in Z2 on my P5 

• Options

I rode a little over 50 today. I held my watts steady  and slightly above IM pace. It was a windy ride with the first half heading south and getting the wind square in my face. Naturally, on the way back, the wind had shifted to the west so I never got the full benefit of the the wind at my back. Back was still faster than out. Hope everyone has had a great Saturday.