Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Texas

IMTX Week 3 of 12

13»

Comments

• OK... 1-4-1 done today

a) 1hr 3min Swim / 2700 m
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/461639709

b) 3hr 54min Bike / 69.3 miles
    Really windy on the way out , helped on way back.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/461582313

c) 56 min Run / 7 miles
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/461639737

Drained...but great Saturday and week overall. Great work everyone , at this pace everyone will be ready for a great race in May.
  • Does anyone know where can I find the modification schedule for camp week?  

• @Chris, when the coaches first announced the addition of camp week in Wk 15, I asked Coach P what we should do with Wk 12, as it's set up as a test week, not a camp week. His initial thinking was, stick with Wk 12 as planned, but he have refined his thought process since then. I would ping him on the micro; I'm sure you'll get a timely/informtive response.
  • Mike-
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm awaiting his answer.
  • @ Jimmy - Solid trainer work returning from the family/SAU building marathon!

@ Annie - good luck with the 4 hr hour ride coming off of 4 hours yesterday.....u must be training for IM!

@MR - by the time I get out of the water, you will be chasing that 21 mph somewhere on the bike course based on your current Big Day report!.............wait for me at the beer tent after the race!  Great report!

@ Tim - happy that you shared the tidal wave of swim races!   78  yr is fast but, I doubt he bikes and runs too.........keep leading!

@ Chris - I am prob going to try the bike test in the morning given the rest today and then swim as recovery Mon afternoon.  Tues will be a swim day and Wed a Run TT and swim day.........Thurs either a day off or recovery bike............not sure if it will all pan out that way but that's my plan.

Just pulled a Z4 nap interval.......hope you are all able to do the same!

KMF!

• @JL and GCP nice big days from you guys yesterday...

@SS... Z4 nap showing us how its done!

I'm headed for a little afternoon nap myself.... 2.1 mile warm up for 5k. Then the 5k which measured long 3.19miles in 19:58 good enough for 2nd place AG..... My best 5k effort this year but still 5 sec per mile off my PR last April..... Came home and knocked out another 8.8 miles to finish up my longrun day with a little over 14miles in 1:47of running....Now where is my dog and couch?

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/462220251

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/462361737#
  • 90 min on the trainer abp. I owe a little more time. Not sure I will get it done at this point. I couldn't answer the bell this morning. Having a little trouble with the time change. Still, a lot of good work over the past 72 hrs since I got back.
    I won't be going to camp. I think that for next week I will focus on adding vol. swim mom wed, fri. Run tues 90 min wed 30 min Thursday 110 min Sunday 30 min bike wed 60 min then 4hrs sat and 3 hrs Sunday.
  • Holy.Hannah. 4 hours on the trainer early this moring after yesterdays 1/2/1 took every molecule of strength I had in my body to not jump off the bike, kick it a few times and throw it in the nearest snowbank.

Shoulders were tight and uncomfortable the whole ride. That was about the mentally hardest ride I have ever done. That sucked. Ended up a solid zone 2 ride with a 90 min Spinervals added in for a mental break. Oh.Boy. Rest day tomorrow.

Keep pushing!!!
  • I asked Coach P about the modifications for camp week.  Here was his response:

Chris, you will want to test before you go. I would stagger it as Monday OFF, Bike Tuesday, Run Wednesday....then it's game on at camp. 

Of course, you don't HAVE TO test unless you feel the need to...so if you are dialed in for either the bike or the run, you can drop that test...plenty of work to do this weekend!!!!

• @ CK...thanks.  I needed that advice too....although I'm not real happy about testing b/r and THEN going to camp.  These tests really kick me in the nutz.  

• While I did not get the Z4 nap that SS recommended today, I did some Z2-4 SAU work.  Pulling weeds, spraying weeds, painting trim, laundry, ironing, doing dishes, folding laundry.  Wife thanked me after finally got the kids in bed.  Successful day.  

• For those driving to camp this week, if you: (a) happen to have a couple extra threaded CO2 cartridges and a can of PitStop sitting around or (b) are already planning a trip to your LBS and wouldn't mind picking up the above items, I would gladly reimburse and even tip you (yes, SS, that means beer for you).  Airlines are opposed to metal canisters containing compressed gasses.  I suspect Thursday afternoon will be a mad scramble to figure out how to put a bike back together, so adding a trip to an LBS in The Woodlands would probably just add to the chaos.  If not, no biggie.  I also assume that at least one driving attendee will be bringing a pump?

Swim today, test my race wheels and FTP tomorrow, run/swim on Wednesday (my run pace is pretty dialed, and a 5k right before camp sounds like a terrible idea).

Two months from today!

• @ MR...I have a bag full of CO2 cartridges and am driving, and I think they are threaded...will check.  I am bringing a pump.  I can get some threaded at LBS this week sometime if needed.  Will let you know.  

• Thx, Jeff.

If you didn't see it on the Dashboard, Coach P's chat this evening is what to do this week if you happen to be heading to camp.  I think he's talking about us. 

• Good Weekend of riding..backing up my big day to next weekend...I'm jealous of the folks headed to camp...I am skipping test week...and repeating week 11...with Big Weekend ...at least a big day..

So far this training cycle it feels like 2 steps forward on the Bike...1 step back on the Swim...just not feelin it in the pool...

• Longest swim session so far this year and it got cut short by the "Water Aerobics Class" from 10am-11am..... I had planned on getting out of pool at 9:55 to get out of their way since the guy who teaches it wont allow swimming in any lanes and they hog the whole pool.... At 9:50 I had women in my lane and almost hit a few... Got out and a woman goes did we chase you away? I told her I was getting out soon anyway but so much for your 10AM start time.... She said we have to get in early to warm up LOL......

Its all good and a recovery day anyway..... WU, snorkel, PB , Paddles, Fins all easy focussing on technique.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/462873228#
  • @Tim - just out of curiosity - how do you end up with 3961 yards on your 910xt? What is the distance of the pool? And I've had the same issues before in the pool - nothing like some purple hairs warming up 15 minutes for their water aerobics class!
  • @DL.... The pool I am swimming in measures 101'.... That is 33.66 yards or 30.78 meters.... The Garmin 910xt has a custom manual setting but only in increments of full yds or meters.... So I choose to understate my total yardage rather than overstate it and set my 1 length distacnce to 33yds..... So 990yds is really 1010yds.... Close enough! Now for some reason the garmin does count each length as 33.005 and that I can't explain....