Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽโ€บ 140.6 Forumsโ€บ Ironman Wisconsin
Options

2016 IM WISC Aug 15-21 It's all about the bike

13ยป

Comments

• Options
    @SS - nice plan! It makes me feel like a slacker. I'm in Madison right now, and I'm thinking the FedEx envelope thing for the start of the bike, if it's anything like today, will be a good idea.

Got a pool swim in this morning before my meetings up here, and left the "social hour" early to get a lap in on the run course for my long run (on Strava). I've seen it before, so no surprises, except Observatory wasn't quite as intimidating this time. Coincidentally, I got to run it at about the time I expect my second lap for the race, so I got some ideas of potential stumbling areas prior to the race (by running in the dark...).

As SS said, Hell Week moves along...
  • Options
    @ SS - Nicely thought out. A few comments:

1 - I'm envious of your bike HR, just say'in....
    2 - VI <1.04. thats impressive on this course. Did you hit that target during camp week? On this course, I can't even come close to that VI. When I did Steelhead, my VI was 1.03ish. I've ridden the WI course 5x and every time my VI exceeds 1.10. On hilly courses, seems there is a high degree of correlation between FTP and VI - meaning if you have a high FTP, then you can have a lower VI. <br /> 3 - I was a bit suprised on your HR goal for the second lap of the run. Is it to high to early in the run?
  • Options

My Garmin 500 data from doing the race in 2014 , old course has 5246ft of gain

Data from the new course ( 105 miles of it) ย  5394 ft of gain.

• Options
    @SS - Just checked the Athlete's guide. Bike Course #7: "Helmets, bike shoes, and other cycling gear may be placed on the bike or in a transition bag. Shoes and shirt must be worn at all times"

I plan to take advantage of that and have everything I need racked on my bike and ready to go.
  • Options

Good catch RS - we should all take advantage of that option.......gonna have to edit my plan now....