Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Mia Oubre's Marvelous Micro

13»

Comments

• Options

Just checking in. Transitioning to the balanced half plan. I’ve had to take a big step back on running over the last 3 weeks because of the plantar fasciitis. I’m having to start back running very slowly so I’m not sure how to really transition to the mileage for the half in December. Truthfully, I’m not sure if I’ll be totally up for the distance yet, but if I can, how would you see the distance for the long playing out over the next 8 weeks? I have been very successful on the bike recently. Have had an ftp increase from 163 to 175. 😳😳😳

• Options

@Mia Oubre - we have a great “return to run“ program online here: http://members.endurancenation.us/Resources/Wiki/tabid/91/Default.aspx?topic=Run+Re-Entry+Protocol

The idea behind this is a gradual buildup of Run related activities/time on your feet to allow your plantar to handle the load. Cross training is a great cardiovascular alternative, and as you have seen has its own rewards.

How much running can you realistically do right now per week?

• Options

I have been increasing my run times and mileage with each run over the last week and having good results without any pain. I am up to almost 3 miles with the weekday run and planning for 4 miles this weekend as a long run. having no issues with my feet. Still in PT and will plan to work with him hopefully through the 70.3 training.

• Options

That sounds great. Remember, we are not required to wrap those miles every single week. If you told me you were going to stick with 3 mail runs for a couple weeks I would be totally fine with that. To be ready for a half marathon you need to have a weekly mileage of about 15 miles and hopefully a long run of about an hour. That’s a minimum. Probably don’t need to rush there. It’s the process of getting from here to there That will determines how successful you will be.

I say go ahead and be conservative with your mileage for the rest of October and we can spend in November trying to build it up as needed. Of course, you are welcome to decide what you think is best as well just keep me posted.

• Options

Half marathon is in 2 weeks. Was able to build to a 10 mile run this weekend.

Looking ahead to after this half marathon and trying to get my training plan loaded for afterwards. Do I go into the outseason until mid-January and then into the half iron plan? How do you see the rest of the training going leading up to Texas 70.3 in April 7?

• Options

@Mia Oubre - I am super impressed! I wasn’t sure with your foot issues if that was going to be possible or not. I hope you are staying healthy. During this taper. You can use the bike to stay active without specifically running a lot.

Recovery the week after the race is critical. You need to or three days off right away, with sleep, protein, and foam rolling. Then the other four days you can do light activity like walking or easy cycling just to keep the lights going.

Before I recommend any aggressive plan structure, do you think you’ll be able to comply with the outseason across the holidays or do you have lots of travel and obligations that will make things super challenging? Let me know!

• Options

No big travel plans for the holiday. Only have 2 travel days planned on 12/22/ and 12/29.

When do I transition from an outseason to the Half Iron plan? February?

• Options

So here’s an update....the weather took a turn for the worse and we had torrential rain this morning. Didn’t not feel safe doing the half marathon so went for just a 5k. Had a fun time with my sister. No PR...just wet feet. Ughhh

That being said, I’m ready to transition to the next step in this journey. What’s on the plan, Coach?

• Options

@Mia Oubre -

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Coach Notes

Mia, time to rock...you can jump right into the OutSeason® Bike Focus plan for the first 5 week block. Remember, L1 workouts are the Beginner level and I'd like you there for the run just to make sure you are "safe" but you can push the bike. We'll carry that through the holiday and then right into the 12 week race prep plan (Bike Focused) for Texas!

I'm glad your run mileage is up, but I want to be mindful of the work to come...that's a lot of indoor training on the horizon. I hope Santa brings you good movies, tunes, etc!!!! 🤣

Let me know if you have any questions!

Your Races

• Texas 70.3 in April 7, 2019

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 12/10/2018
    • On 12/10/2018 Load the Beginner OutSeason (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 03/17/2019
    • >> Transition Early << 
    • On 1/14/2019 Load the EN*Half Bike Focused to end on 4/7/2019
    • On 4/8/2019 Load the Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on 04/21/2019

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

• Options

Just a quick update. Things are moving right along. No real issues so far, certainly no unwanted foot pain! Yay!

Had a big weekend last weekend and learned some nutrition things to pay attention to and that I am going to have to spend a little more time in transition stretching after the bike to loosen the foot up a bit.

Today was a bike test...OUCH! However, I did have an 8 point increase in my FTP!

• Options

8 points is incredible, congratulations! Would you mind sharing the nutritional changes you made? You never know who might help