Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Hawaii (Kona)
Options

Kona Bound 2018

13»

Comments

• Options

Everyone got my email correct? If not tag me here please! Also let's make sure everyone is in GroupMe correctly, I'm here if you need help.

• Options

Mariah, Hi.

I never heard from the Roka Rep regarding a swimskin. What do I need to do?

Thanks!

• Options

When are people heading over to Kona and where are you staying? I'm traveling on Friday the 5th and will be at the Royal Kona Resort until Thursday when I move to a house when the whole family arrives.

• Options

I got the e-mail Mariah, but I am Kona bound 2019. However, I look forward to watching Oct 13!

• Options

@Tom Box- already here. Staying downtown this week and the Sheraton next week.

Swam the course today and a pod of 6 dolphins joined me for about 5 minutes at the furthest buoy. I know they are supposed to be friendly ... but I was terrified. One group was swimming within 4-5 feet from me for a good 30seconds.

• Options

@Mariah Bridges - I didn’t get your email.

• Options

@Dave Tallo

No clue why not, but its below for reference - you're in the groupme right?

Can Your Hear the Finish Line Yet?!?!!?

Aloha I ka mokupuni 

15 days to go, but who is counting? 😂

We will be moving all communication after this email to our race specific GroupMe chat, reply to this email if you are not currently on the chat and I will add you. If you have any specific needs, don't hesitate to reach out! 

Hele maluhia everyone and see you on the Big Island!

Events:

Wednesday October 10: 

7:30am-8:30 Stryd EN Group Run This run will be filmed and used for both Stryd and EN promotion, so please wear your EN Kit or gear. Meet at the Stryd Tent on Ali'i, I will drop a pin on the GroupMe Chat. Also please consider purchasing a Stryd for the race, they will be profiling our athletes files and will be a huge part of our fall promo, would love to have you involved. The discount code is: endurancenation for 10% off. You can purchase before and have it ready there, or purchase once you get to the island. Also, it lets you run on Zwift on your treadmill as well...just sayin'!

9:00am-11:00am Ventum Group Ride  All are welcome, whether you ride a Ventum or not, however, if you are on the team and ride a Ventum, please make it a priority to be there. This will also be filmed by Ventum, so please wear your EN kit. Meet at the Ventum Tent at the Expo. 

5:00pm - 7:00pm Team Dinner We will be on the lanai at Sam Choy's Kai Lanai 78-6831 Alii Dr, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 by the surfboards. Family, friends, sherpas are all welcome. EN will be providing pupus and of course, shenanigans! 

Thursday October 11:

7:30am- 8:30am UnderPants Run  We will be at the tables near the stage, if you need me to hold anything while you run, I absolutely can. Stay on GroupMe for specifics 

9:00am-10:30am Castelli Pro & Sponsored Breakfast Humpy's Big Island Alehouse 75-5815 Alii Dr, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 Our official kit partner, Castelli hosts an annual breakfast for their sponsored and pro athletes. Please keep in mind this is for athletes only, no family etc. Not mandatory but you are more than welcome to attend! Note: Show up early for the good swag!

12:00pm-1:00pm Breakfast with Bob Huggo's on the Rocks 75-5824 Kahakai Rd, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 Coach Patrick will once again be recording live with Bob Babbitt, this time discussing Stryd and racing/training with power on a small coach panel. This is a closed set, however you're more than welcome to come and support and watch quietly. Again, not mandatory, but you are more than welcome! 

Friday October 12:

8:00am-9:30am Team Pancake Breakfast @ IHOP 75-5595 Palani Road Spaces C2-C3, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 CARB LOADING TIME, is the BEST time! Come for pancakes, belly rubs optional! 

Race Morning: 

Team picture will be in front of the King Kamehameha Hotel 75-5660 Palani Rd, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740. They usually put a large inflatable Gatorade near the entrance, we meet there. Check GroupMe for specific time and location, we will update once we get on the island. 

Sponsor Info: 

We will have some EN swag and some small sponsor swag to pass out at Team Dinner, however, there are some sponsors and partners we would really like you to be mindful of on the island. Stop by their booths, say hello, let them know what team you are on and support them in social media posts, purchases etc if you can. 

• Normatec Boots (Say Hi to Jessica) 
    • Ventum (Dia, Rachel, Jimmy the whole team!) 
    • Roka (Sean) 
    • Stryd (Nick) 
    • VeloFix 
    • Quarq/SHRAM (Maggie) 
    • Rudy Project 

These sponsors do a great deal for us throughout the year and making sure we have top discounts. Show them some love wherever you can. 

Sherpas & Family Events: 

We have compiled a list of events or activities for you and your family while you are on the island, feel free to print them off HERE

Extras:

Bike Shop:

BikeWorks

74-5583 Luhia St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

(808) 326-2453

Organic Food/Grocer: 

Island Naturals Market & Deli

74-5487 Kaiwi St

Kailua Kona, HI 96740

Swimming Pool for Training: 

Kona Community Aquatic Center

75-5530 Kuakini Hwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

http://kona-aquatics.com/

(808) 327 3500

• Options

@Derrek Sanks did you get my email response? Yes please shoot Sean an email bc I think he told me we were all set, regardless I know he will take care of you once on the island --- Im here if you need me, easier on groupme as I start traveling --- MAHALLOOOO!!!!

• Options

@Mariah Bridges -still not in the GroupMe .... I didn’t get the emai” that contained the link, I think. Can you post here?