Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Hoff's Holiday Weight loss/Accountability Challenge - 2018

Comments

• Options

ROugh weekend... ate too well in VT and then had a Channukah celebration with the kids last night.. getting on scale tomorrow. I expect to be flat to 1/4lb down.. was doing very well before the weekend!

on the plus side, I do have a clear runway to xmas with no big events/ dinners happening! I also find anything with salt in it, sushi, restaurant meals, etc, greatly effect my weight swings...

• Options
    I have a lot of excuses, but do any of them really matter:)). Army diet for next two weeks, so that could be either good or bad. Attaching my required data as photo. Let me know if it doesn’t come through. 204.4 this morning. 33days smoke free.

Sent from my iPhone
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2018 12:30PM

@Mark Hickman - are you able to add to the tracking sheet? Link is at the top of the 1st post of this thread.. I did your last two weeks for you a few minutes ago -

Looks like we need ANOTHER shaming pic posted, and should have been based on last week's numbers... please follow @Patrick Large 's lead. must post on dashboard and each EN groupme thread you are subscribed to 😂

@Andrew Lustigman - where is your weight?

I weighed in this AM, seems to take me a day or 2 to clear the salt i had in a restaurant dinner on monday.. 153.2, marked myself 1 lb higher.. essentially hitting my "goal" weight for the contest. (153) my REAL goal weight was 150 by xmas, so onwards I go... #losingiswinning

• Options

@Andrew Lustigman better get posting a pic on the dashboard, and on groupme.... time to be shamed! #stupidwithrowtrix @John Withrow - chase him relentlessly!

• Options

Posting my weight today as I will be traveling for business tomorrow. Two weeks ago had some back pain which happened to be a compression of the lower discs in my spine. This has handicapped my workouts as I can’t ride (tried this morning and only lasted 8 minutes) but at least I can swim and run. According to my PT this will last a couple more weeks.

This forced me to make changes with my diet and I have switched to protein shakes at night instead of dinner - not easy to do during the holidays. I’m also running away from the endless stream of cookies, doughnuts, and chocolates at work and everywhere else.

Had no idea what the outcome would be for this but pretty happy to report I’m on the right track. That’s almost 8lbs since the challenge started. Still 17 to go before IMTX.

• Options

I'm a day late but here you go. 191.4 lbs, so a huge week of losing lbs and BF%. Excel sheet updated...

• Options

@Patrick Large - awesomeness!! I likely plateaued, but will stick with my weigh in Wednesday... rough weekend in VT of eating too much good food.. and did I mention that Amherst MA has an insane donut shop?

• Options

@scott dinhofer

I had plateaued around the 195 mark for a while so good to be at 191 and change. Would be stoked to be 189.99999 next week :)

• Options

Went a little backwards this week, but still on schedule...sort of. Two pounds in one week is dooable, but will take a lot of determination to pull off.

• Options

@Al Truscott those are nice trees, but not nearly as nice as the ones we skied down skiers left of Highlands bowl... 🤣

• Options

@Al Truscott I like your body comp plan better than mine. Building a play house for the kiddos this month. Thankful for the dry weather we've had these past 3 weeks.

• Options

flat this week, 153.6 - looking for a strong finish! 8 days to go..

@Mark Hickman @Andrew Lustigman @Greg Hays - post or photos please 😎

• Options

I know, I know, I know...

One man's "fat" is another man's "skinny" and vice versa

But sometimes it rubs me the wrong way when a 153.6 lbs guy has had a flat week and is bummed about it. I mean really... what are you trying to get to ZERO?? 🤣

BTW @scott dinhofer the only reason I am at 191 right now is because of your challenge... I love you for it man!!

• Options

@Patrick Large - i was 152 when I sherpa'd kona in 2013. I KNOW from my pics there that I had an ez 10lbs to lose. I did IMLP in 2017 at 147, still not what I am capable of racing healthy at if i lose the weight properly. as my signature says, I want to look like @tim cronk! I know that # is likely in the high 130s.

• Options

I love you guys for it- I think I was 160 in like the 6th grade 🤣

I'll have to see if I can dig into some photos and guess the @tim cronk weight. Maybe that's the newest challenge.

• Options
    edited December 13, 2018 1:54PM

since we're doing show n tell... here's me in kona 2013

here's me In IMLP in 2017 at mile 13 of the run

here's @tim cronk in Kona after finishing the race in 2013

and here's what I looked like about 10-12 years ago!

• Options

@scott dinhofer

YEAH BABY- I LOVE THE 10 YEAR AGO PHOTOS VS TODAY!!!

Brilliant and congrats on the hard work!!

• Options

Only down .3 lbs this week but I think It's a gift :) I'll try and be SUPER diligent and try and get to 188.5, Less that 2lbs needed this week and pretty sure I can get there. "YES I CAN" ala Eddie Murphy in Nutty Professor!

• Options

Seem to be stalling in the 201's, going to stay focused this week to make the goal weight.

• Options

215.8 this morning. Not bad after a couple days in Vegas last week.

Final push this week - Protein shake replacement meal at dinner

• Options

So my personal challenge has ended... Thanks @scott dinhofer once again for the motivation.

As per my original plan, my weight loss challenge ends a week earlier than the rest of you losers (see what I did there...) since I'm heading to Hawaii and don't plan to take my scale with me in my luggage...

194.6 lbs for the win!

• Options

i am at my "goal weight" 153.6, but likely to not do my true personal goal of 150 by xmas... my new goal is 147 by the end of january.

Is anyone interested in carrying this over in the new year with a restart/ declaration of january 2 and an end date of 3/1?

• Options

I also hit my goal of 177. At a minimum, I want to get down to 165, so I am on board for a 1/2 restart.

• Options

I am very close to get to my target. That said I am still 15lbs north of where I want to be for IMTX.

I am in for a challenge starting in the new year, but will be off for the next two weeks... Too many events to even pretend that I wont be adding some lbs.

• Options

First of all @scott dinhofer @Phil Mills Daaaamn! nice work hitting you goals!

I am 100% for a reboot and new years/January challenge

• Options

been trying to break under 153 for 2 weeks, finally! 152.8 final weigh in for the challenge. .2 under my goal. missed my xmas goal of 150, which was set 3 months ago when I weighed 168. I'd say I did ok.. Looking forward to continuing the challenge on 1/3 @Phil Mills @Patrick Large @Jorge Duque

• Options

wait- isnt Monday the last weigh in?? I need to today and tomorrow to squeeze out the extra kg :)

• Options

@scott dinhofer congratulations on reaching the goal. I’m glad I joined the challenge otherwise I would still be over 220 lbs.

My final weight in was yesterday and I hit the goal, but still have a long way to get close to the 200 lbs mark for IMTX. By the way, the lightest I’ve been in the past 25 years is 205 lbs so it’s a real challenge for me.

I will try to behave from now until the end of the year because I don’t want to lose all the hard work so far. I’m planning on avoiding the scale until January 3 and see what kind of damage the holidays can do.

Merry Christmas to all.