Homeβ€Ί Community Forum 🏠
Options

Hoff's Winter Weight loss / accountability Challenge

Updated link for the Winter OS challenge - End date March 1

Stop avoiding the scale, I know you ate too much over the holidays and have resolved to do something better in 2019. Nail that body comp resolution here with the help of your teammates.

The good news is that the days will all be getting longer and the season planning is going to creep up on you (IMLP is in 29 weeks!)

the rules are as follows

Initial weigh in is January 7 & 8

post your weigh in, ideally with a pic, of self or scale

choose your target weight that you will weigh when the contest ends in 7ish weeks (March 1)

The goal here is to encourage you to either maintain, or hit a reasonable goal weight through the winter season and enter, or continue, the OS lean & mean!

The rules as per our holiday challenge:

1-Declare your current weightΒ (ideally with a posted pic)

2-State your goal weight (Goal Date is 7ish weeks away - March 1)

3-everyone reports weight weekly to this forum thread (Monday morning weight ins), we are on the honor system, but in any given week, the admin(me) can ask for a photo of scale (with toes(mangled or not) on it!)

4-Admin will make a shared google sheet with target weights by week and post a link at the top of this post.

5-If in any week you are more than 2lbs ABOVE ANY intermediate weigh-in target, you must take a non-flexing, picture that shows your face and your fat gut holding a sign that says "I am a fatty fat guy" (or "I'm a fatty fat girl"). This picture must also be posted to the Dashboard on EN as well as the EN Run & Zwift PSA Group Me.

6-If you miss the final weigh-in goal weight, then you have your choice of the following 2 "Insults"

6-A-Do a Whitecastle (or similar) slider 6-pack 1.5 mile run on a track. Eat a slider then run a lap (6x). All on video, to be uploaded to youtube making sure you tell everyone why you are doing the punishment.Β 

Note: if there is no "White Castle" near you, you can substitute with Jack in the box jr hamburgers, or as a last resort, McDonalds Cheeseburgers - you can view the video I did a few years ago here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1eybd24Koc

6-B-Run a sanctioned "official" race (with a minimum of 100 competitors) at a minimum 5k distance (but could be longer or a triathlon) All on video, to be uploaded to youtube making sure you tell everyone why you are doing the punishment in the following required attire:Β 

Men: wearing nothing but a pink speedo (or mankini), socks and shoes (and race number belt if necessary) - NO SHIRT.Β 

Women: wearing nothing but an American Flag String Bikini, Red Fishnet Thigh Highs (ankle socks if you want) and shoes (and race number belt if necessary) - NO COVERUPS of any kind

7-if anyone has any ideas of a different punishment for the weekly or final challenge, I'd love to hear about it and see if we can broaden the scope.

Tagged:
Β«13

Comments

• Options

I'm back in. Lost 7# in 7 weeks in holiday challenge, pretty happy with accountability/results.

• Options

of course... in and in!!

• Options

@scott dinhofer are we going to have an official excel spreadsheet?

I post this as I hang my head in shame as the is a bit of a back slide... but ready to shake the holiday fat fest and get on with it.

Starting at 194.7 lbs. and goal weight is 187 lbs.

I am pretty sure that I can get to 191 lbs in 1 week. Those extra 3 lbs are all fat holiday weight. I have had trouble really cracking the 190 mark and staying there. So besides goal weight the real goal is being SOLID in the 180's. When I mean solid, I mean even if I have a bad week and gain 3-ish lbs, I am still in the 180's.

• Options

232.1 Goal 225

• Options

Didn't do as bad as I thought thru Christmas. Winter goal: under 195#

• Options

According to the scale, I had a great time over the holidays; +10 pounds. Yikes.

I still have some swelling from last weeks PF procedure. I may have imbibed with a few rounds of pain medication this week as well.

Since I'm not certain how much of the weight is due to swelling and bloat, I am going to be conservative with my goal: 3/1 end weight goal of 177, or 11 lbs. of weight loss.

• Options

thanks guys, I will be posting tomorrow and will have the new sheet up tonight!

• Options

New sheet is up, link is at the top of this thread, would be great to get some more people into the mix... @John Withrow @Steve boer @Andrew Lustigman @Brad Marcus @Mark Hickman @Jorge Duque @Greg Hays

I will start posting pics of my weights next week. I went hardcore diet / salt flush, though I had lentil soup for dinner that definitely was salty, and was happily surprised to see 154.8 on the scale this AM, I weighed 152.8, on 12/22 when I left for VT, and I ate a lot of junk since then, so I've been burning it hard.

my goal this year is to achieve the right race weight for a guy trying to KQ. I am guessing I will need to be 136-140 on race day on 7/28. My personal best was 147 at IMLP in 2017. My goal for 3/1 is 146, leaving me 4 months to lose the last 6-8lbs. I may actually now be able to do properly fueled long bikes & runs this year.

• Options

As I expected there would be a good loss this week simply by not being fat and getting my shit together. 191.6 lbs down from 194.7. Hopefully I can get under 190 again this week.

Good Luck everyone!!

• Options

228 lbs. Down 4.1 lbs. Tells me I will notch up a little next week. But going in the right direction.

• Options

Awesome dude!! Trending in the right direction. Make it your mission to not rebound... hold steady.

• Options

Thanks. Hope not to rebound but 4.1 is a lot for one week for me. May be a bit dehydrated or something like that? We will know next week but a bit of fluctuation is typical for me as I start weight loss.

Thanks much for the mojo. Have a great week!

• Options

Weight pretty much flat after the first week, gotta get serious!

• Options

a day late here... yeah, essentially flat, 154.2 down .6 and now I am going to vail for 5 days on Friday... eeekπŸ™„

• Options

@John Stark - please add your weigh in to the google sheet link at the top of this thread. thank YOU! better get light for leadville.. just sayin!

• Options
    Save $$$. Dont eat (out) like last year...

Sent from my iPad
  • Options

@Al Truscott - it's not about eating out or not, it's about making the right choices in a restaurant. the real culprit for me is too much breakfast or lunch.. and frankly, i didn't gain weight in Aspen / Vail last year, I gained it AFTER .

• Options

Good eating habits last week. Not so good this week. I turned into the Cookie Monster on Wednesday and Thursday. Braces were tightened last night, so I'll be on a liquid diet for the weekend.

• Options

Hey Guys, I know I'm a little late to the game here but I was hoping to join you in this challenge. I too got a lottery slot for the Leadville 100 MTB and need to build a stronger and LIGHTER engine. One pound per week is my minimum to get to my goal of 4.3w/kg at Leadville. I started the Year at 185, was 183.4 on the 7th and have a March 1st goal weight of 177. I'll be happy to start weighing in (with scale pictures and all) tomorrow if you'll have me.

Pat

• Options

ouch- not a great week. Gained less than a pound, but a gain is a gain 🀨 I was way low mid week and then the wheels fell the end of the week. I need to get this tightened up. Bikini shot to follow!!

• Options

Hearing no objections I'll go ahead and jump into the deep end of the pool.

@scott dinhofer can you add me to the spreadsheet of (potential) shame?

This is my lowest weight since September 2017. Having lost 4.5 pounds since Friday, clearly the result of Costco's (crazy high sodium) Lasagna leaving my system!

Does anyone have a good source for a pink Man-kini, just in case??

Pat

• Options

Up .4. As expected after last week 4.1 lb. drop. But not nearly as much up as I expected. So that is an average of 2 lbs a week which is healthy. :-)

• Options

@Pat Morton - BOOM! Leadville, baby? Congratulations!

Dino Sarti, Emily Brinkley, Micke Graffeo and I are in a Facebook chat as we are all going to Leadville as well. Lemme know if you wanna join the chat.

• Options
    Thanks John! Yeah absolutely add me to the chatchat, or tell me how to
    join. I did Leadville in '09 & '10 and have been trying to go back ever
    since. I'm psyched I got a lottery slot finally. Its gonna be an awesome
    year!
    Pat
  • Options

Late to the party, but as I began thinking of Moab in March, I got motivated and my timing matches up with this, so here is my plan and progress to date. 1/7 was my start date, 3/4 is my goal date.

• Options

@Dave Campbell - I'm on a plane with really cruddy wifi. will get you added to the sheet, next week you can add to the sheet at the top of this thread.. no weigh in for me until wednesday and i expect to be up a lb.

• Options

@scott dinhofer - Shoot for 2 pounds as we need a new fatty, fat, fat video from you. The current one is getting old.

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• Options

@Pat Morton - GroupMe being added in the next day or two by @Emily Brinkley. PM her directly to e added. Looks like 5 of us in the group. Thanks for your patience.

• Options

I just ate a whole pseudo-organic pepperoni pizza all by myself.

That's all.