Homeβ€Ί Community Forum 🏠
Options

Hoff's Winter Weight loss / accountability Challenge

Comments

• Options

@scott dinhofer I want some re-assurance that you did NOT over-indulge while in CO last weekend on anything except face shots in the Back Bowls

• Options

@Al Truscott I was shockingly good in CO!!! only had 3 beerz in 4 days, Had a burrito for lunch one day, but no rice in it, protein shake the next, buffalo burger one night & fish another.. had a big lunch last day at Keystone with the girls, but ate no dinner because I was too full... Had the added help that Lauren is on a big diet and stuck to it when we were out there... Dave & I may have overindulged on "Al Jokes" 😱

• Options

This weeks weight in has to be a day early for me. Fortunately the scale responded to all the yelling and cussing from the last few days and I'm still a little ahead of schedule. Goal was 181.0 and I'm 179.4.

• Options
    edited January 27, 2019 4:25PM

@Pat Morton - just catching up on this. got you up on the sheet, need your end goal weight for 5 weeks from now

@Dave Campbell - sheet updated for you,

Sheet linky is at the top of the thread

for me, I went way off at my cousin's surprise 48th bday party last night, too much beer and desserts were consumed! I am starting a 10 day zero carb/sugar challenge with Jill as she while skinny & fabulous for a 52 yo eats more carbs than protein...

gonna crush the next 5 weeks of this challenge

• Options

Thanks @scott dinhofer

I was 183.4 on Jan 7th with a goal of losing 1 pound per week finishing up at 176.4 on March 1st.

Thanks for adding me on the chart and scaring me into not eating! Pat

• Options

Not good this past week. Up 3.5 #'s and just missed the cut off for posting a picture. Lots of stress this past week which was soothed by putting crap in my mouth.

3 weeks post foot procedure and I am now able to get back on the bike.

• Options

Sick Thursday to today. Helped with another weekly drop with no exercise. Back on the bike tomorrow.

@Phil Mills - Welcome back to the bike! πŸ˜€

@scott dinhofer - Go get 'em!

@Pat Morton - Good work.

• Options

Bit of an emotional breakdown this week. Struggling with anxiety and depression. I am grateful for my meditation practice as it kept the wheels from completely falling off. As of this AM the mind is back in the right place and will be focused on good food in and good performance out.

Weigh in at 190.9 lbs

• Options

when you feel like eating... reach for the protein powder and go for a run! things WILL get better.

• Options

Breakthrough, 2.8 lbs away from lowest adult lifetime weight, was 167 in mid August after my accident & ensuing pity party. Now to survive a weekend in Vermont.

• Options

I guess 3 steps forward, 1 step back is still forward progress? If things don't turn around I'm not afraid to pull out a full on "Potato Hack" to avoid having to buy Pink Spandex, cuz I'm cheap!

• Options

Not sure how but I weight in really lean today. 85kg or 187.3lbs 18.8% BF

I ran 1:40 last night, housed some food, and a couple hours went to sleep. I am assuming my body just kept burning through out the night.

Sorry no pic as I am getting format error reports on my pics. Weird as it is the same format I have always used.

@scott dinhofer awesome job dude!! I haven't seen those numbers since middle school :)

• Options

I had a bad weekend for sure, holding the weigh in off until tomorrow AM... @Patrick Large 18.8 is crazy skinny.. I would have to weight 124 to achieve that... I am gunning for 21 which is 136-138

• Options

@scott dinhofer 18.8 does feel crazy skinny, I still have a lot to go- Keep up the good work.

• Options

18.8% in my dreams. Good work.

226.6 - Down .1

Cookies and chips were my down fall this week. Damn teenagers! :-)

• Options

Spent a few days last week battling a little food poisoning(bad stuff), spent three days drinking diet coke and eating saltines. Thought the bright spot would be dropping a few pounds-wrong. I guess because I rarely drink a soft drink, I retained fluid like crazy. Ended up being pretty flat on weight loss-back on track now.

• Options

Crushed my goal! 224.1 Down a solid 8.

Lets see if I can get 10 lbs. done before this is over.

• Options

Wow @John Stark that's awesome! You're going to be a stick figure by August!

I'm basically flat for the second week in a row. Two weeks of "Race" fueling vs "weight loss" fueling will do that I guess. But Saturday night was the last Fat Bike race of the year so I can focus on weight loss again. I'm in NY, so I'll have to weigh in when I get home from this trip.

Pat

• Options

hey all, glad to see we are all keeping up (or going down) with this challenge! @Dave Campbell - you owe us a shaming punishment from last week as you were 3.2 lbs above your weekly goal.

@John Stark you better keep going, getting rail thin for leadville is more important than gaining 10 watts on the bike in your training period... If you don't get the 12 hr buckle, I am going to come kick you in the Nutz!

everyone... we have three weeks left, I am trying to get serious this week as I really need to get down below 140 and maybe 135 for my IM this summer. So, I will roll this challenge forward and keep renewing it every 8 weeks. I get the sense that the 8 week challenge is long enough for people to lose real weight, sensibly and still have a sense of urgency to the goal..

hope you will all continue the ride!

• Options

@scott dinhofer I like the way you roll! I'll (most likely) be an on going participant. Because, as you alluded to, losing 15% body weight out weights gaining 5% power by a long shot in Leadville.

"Nothing so concentrates the mind as the sight of the Gallows"...or pink Spedos

• Options

I'll be on board with the roll over.

So, I went from couch potato to finishing the Tour of Sufferlandria. Feeling much better with the intense biking back in my schedule. Problem is that by the end of the first weekend, I gained 3-4 lbs in swelling weight. I will give it a couple of days to work it out.

I've stayed very close to my daily caloric budget. Enjoying the extra food that the workouts have allowed for.

• Options

@Pat Morton - if you haven't done so yet, assuming this is your 1st leadville, read my RR, note i am a few lbs heavier in those pics than I am now. Happy to answer any questions you may come up with

• Options

Thanks @scott dinhofer! I did read your report earlier. I got my 12hr belt buckle in 2010. I've been trying to get back in via the lottery every year since so I can get a sub 9hr buckle. I've long realized the key to my achieving that is a significant improvement on the KG side of the W/KG equation. This challenge of yours looks to be part of the key to keeping my focus and getting to where I need to be. So, thanks for putting this together.

Pat

• Options

that one hurt. 191 lbs, up just a tick from last week. I've been stuck at the 190-ish mark for a while now so any help on breaking through the plateau would help. Thanks-

• Options

@Patrick Large

I'm probably not the guy to give advice as I've also been stuck for a couple of weeks. But I'll tell you what seems to work for me and what I'll be doing this week.

My body doesn't like to give up fat while I'm fatigued. So, I'll be reducing intensity in my workouts, while keeping the volume steady. I'll also be "forcing" myself to go to bed at 9pm instead of my normal 10:30-11:00. No TV, No Tablet, No Phone just a book or e-paper kindle and only a small bed side light.

That's what usually does the trick for me. Hope it helps!

Pat

• Options

Many thanks @Pat Morton I also try and get to bed early, but I can barely make it to 9:00 anyway.

• Options

Back home for a few days. Time to get some sleep and burn the mid-afternoon blubber.

• Options

well, my new EN kit arrived and I've already shrunken out of the jersey which is now uncomfortably loose...

• Options

I'm not sure if I should be really happy with you guys because my weight is the lowest it been in a few years. Or if I should curse the day I joined this Challenge! I need to lose 2 more pounds by next Friday to hit my goal and this many weeks in to the Challenge that going to be super PAINFUL!

Here's my scale pic, I'll be looking for all y'all's on Monday.

• Options

190lbs this week- such a rut.

16 weeks from race day (100km ultra trail) and double long runs over the weekend should shed the lbs.