Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Hoff's Winter Weight loss / accountability Challenge

13»

Comments

• Options

down to the wire here... afraid to get on scale post vacation... have had a lot of healthy, but salty food... I may be in trouble come final weigh in on Friday...

for those of you who want to continue this process with another cycle let's vote on how to proceed?

next cycle - we stop on March 1, friday, when do we commence again? march 4 (Monday), March 8 (Friday), March 11, Monday?

how long to go for? May day (May 1) 7 1/2 weeks. Is that too long? too little? just right?

• Options

@Patrick Large @Pat Morton @John Stark @Dave Campbell @Phil Mills @Mark Lane @Steve boer @Andrew Lustigman

let me know per above post what you want for the next cycle.. this one is going to be very important to yours truly to get down within 3-5lbs of expected final race weight, I will likely need to get down from 148 to 140-142 in this next one..

• Options

@scott dinhofer I am in... I need to lose 10lbs in the next 16 weeks.

Lets do it!!!

• Options

Haven't put Monday's weigh in on spreadsheet yet(196.4#). Might be interested in another round, I'm doing

IM 70.3 Virginia May 5th(hometown race for me), and would like to race it at 190#.

• Options

@scott dinhofer if not enough people are interested, I am still game for hurling insults every week to the one with the least weight loss.

Maybe it's a fatty fat fat pic for the person with the least amount of weight loss... lets make it interesting 😀

• Options

I've been struggling this last go around, but will get serious come Monday.

Longer (7-8 weeks) is definitely better for me. More time to manage the weight loss, instead of trying a crash diet to hit a short term weight goal.

• Options

@scott dinhofer you started this challenge talking about being afraid to get on the scale post holidays and now it's full circle post vacation! I'm in the same boat with you, I just got back from a 4 day trip and I have 3.5 pounds of water retention to get rid of by Friday! Fortunately, my scale says my "lean mass" is up by 3 pounds since Saturday, so I just need to flush out the sodium.

I think May 1st is a good goal date. Whatever you guys decide is fine with me.

• Options

I joined this challenge to drop 16lbs before the Moab camp. That camp was moved out 2 weeks and is still my goal. I should achieve that by the new camp date. That is going from 201 to 185. I would like to drop 10 more over the summer, but realize the 2lbs/week trajectory will become much more difficult. So after 3/25 I’m good with 1/week for how ever many weeks remain in the challenge or I hit 175. I work best with positive reinforcements vs the punishment method. I’ve lost 12 so far and that’s a win in my book, so don’t expect to see any pink speedo pics if I’m 1 lb over a very aggressive goal 😃

• Options

@Pat Morton - my issue is i ate alot of salt.. whenever I eat meals out, even healthy ones or fish, I can see my weight swing through a 6lb curve in 4 days... I went out to dinner with a friend in NYC last night, i had 6 cherrystone clams, grilled tuna, corn (no sauce) and brussel sprouts... 2 beers at the john Mellencamp concert at the Beacon... i am lucky if I am back to normal weight on Friday.

Friday is my Bday, I am going off for the weekend. when does everyone want to re-start?

Monday March 4

Friday March 8

Monday March 11

We'll go through to roughly May 1, need to see what day of the week that is and pick accordingly..

@Patrick Large - LOVE the weekly idea, especially if we get @John Stark in on this round

• Options

yep @scott dinhofer I totally get it. I try to carry my food with me when I'm on the road, but when I'm "forced" to eat restaurant food the salt hits me hard. I've come home and my feet don't fit into my bike shoes.

As far as a start date, it doesn't matter to me. May 1st is a Wednesday, so we could go March 6 to May 1st and its an even 8 weeks. Monday or Friday is fine as well. As long as I have time to recover from my White Castle Run.

• Options

Hi All:

Been holding steady at 8 pounds of weight loss. Been in a bit of a winter funk the past couple of weeks. Eating poorly and mentally wiped on indoor training. Still need to lose 24 more to get to my w/kg goal.

I will be jumping on the Core Diet to get a jump start as Leadville training starts up in earnest so I guess that fits with this group.

~ Stark

• Options

Actually....I am going to man-up and simply get back on my healthy eating plan that I have been on. No Core Diet.

Let's do this, New Yawk!

• Options

So @scott dinhofer @John Stark @Dave Campbell @Patrick Large @Mark Lane @Phil Mills et all!

I'm guessing from the lack of celebratory scale pictures and final weights on the official spreadsheet that we all over reached a bit on our goal weight. I'm also guessing that we all still want to get to a goal weight or W/KG. So, do we all commit group Krystal Hara-Kairi or do we push forward? Can we all get to our goal in 1 more week? 10 days? What's it going to take?

Don't get me wrong, if you guys want to stick with the punishment, I signed up for it, so I'll carry through.

What does everyone want to do??

• Options

{insert tail between legs emoticon here}

@Pat Morton - I beat my goal but have been holding steady. No need to post mediocrity.

I am for a March 11th start. Then 7.5 weeks to Monday 1st, if I counted correctly. I will commit to dropping 14 pounds and get to 210 pounds which has been my IM race weight in the past.

Need to get to 200 lbs before Leadville MTB race day so can do a gradual weight loss the final 12 weeks to the event. That way I don't kill my training energy.

What say you all?

• Options

You are absolutely right @John Stark, you were the only one not posting weights in the red at the official end of this challenge. As you know my end game is Leadville as well, so with no objections from the peanut gallery I'll keep rolling it forward into the next phase starting on the 11th.

• Options

I'm ready to start over today, especially after the past two weeks of crappy eating. I am good with any official dates though.

• Options
    edited March 4, 2019 7:59PM

creating a new thread for the next challenge, let's to a "soft start" on Wednesday so we can all starve ourselves back to a good salt free starting weight 😜

others can join in next monday.

@John Stark - if you want to have an ez leadville, think about getting to 190, You'll be on top of Columbine saying "damn you dinhofer" and wondering why I didn't tell you to get to 180! 🙄

• Options

Did my final weigh in this morning. my goal was 195, this morning it was 195.4, calling this a success. Had a good week last week, but I've kinda blown that today. So far my total weight loss since November is 12.3#, all I've done is clean things up/nothing crazy at all. Ditto on the salt, especially in the winter, not so bad in the hot weather.

@scott dinhofer Thanks for doing this, and I'm in for continuing it.

• Options

TBH, I have been a bit of a mid-winter funk the past couple of weeks. We got more snow than normal and I am also tired of being cold. I know, I am whining but it was real.

Had a TERRIBLE FT test yesterday and it gave me a kick in the ass both mentally and emotionally to reboot and get going again. Call scheduled with P for Thursday to talk about next steps for Leadville. Positive first step.

Looks like most are starting today with the next weight loss session. I am in.