Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

GroupMe + Forums: How to Organize the Short-Term and Long-Term Memories of the Team

2»

Comments

• Options

ok, will do! I usually get the notifications on my Garmin 935 after my bike ride in the morning... I need to just hop onto these rides... but still doing the outdoor thing... do you all ever do longgggg rides in Zwift?

• Options

@Patricia Rosen I don't know what qualifies as "long", but on Saturdays, I have been combining the EN Cruise N Crush ride with that day's Tour de Zwift, for a total of four hours pedaling on the bike with a ten-minute break in the middle. And of course, @Brian Hagan did much of his training for last year's Ultraman FL on Zwift. I'm sure he put in a number of 6-8+ hour days during the winter.

Finally, check out what @rob Sabo is doing this week - a bike Camp solely on Zwift:

https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/25379/tour-of-zwift-bike-camp-in-january-2019#latest

• Options

Simple Forums suggestion - make the timeout a lot longer. I frequently find that I am reading a thread (Stryd this morning) and the thread has a link and I go and read the link and then I go back and BAM! I'm logged out of EN. I'd actually really love it if the timeout was all day ;-)

• Options

Team...ok, a phone call meeting has been set. 2/7 9pm EST: https://zoom.us/j/778153831 if you want in on the discussion.

Talking Points:

• Refining Forum Categories
    • GroupMe Changes
    • Better Homepage Layout

In the meantime, fixed issues update for those of you paying attention:

• Linking back to the EN Forums From GroupMe ✅
    • Timeout issue in EN Forums ✅

@scott dinhofer @Al Truscott @Dave Tallo @John Stark @Janyne Kizer And all others!!!

• Options

Past my bedtime ;-) I'll follow along in the thread.

• Options

@John Stark @Janyne Kizer @scott dinhofer

I posted this in GroupMe's today...but putting here as well. I have a meeting tonight for the School Committee and can't do the call. I am pushing it to Tuesday the 12th at 8:30pm. Very sorry for the last minute change, I only found out this AM...but I'll have some outline of stuff for you all to look at before we talk!

Thanks for understanding!

~ Coach P

• Options

What a relief...thought I was being frozen out. Feb 12 @ 6:30 PM MST, then. Will you be sending a new Zoom link?

• Options

Coolio. I was a bit late anyway.

• Options

@Al Truscott Its the same zoom link, sorry!

@John Stark Word...I was trashed anyway myself...

@Janyne Kizer @scott dinhofer And others....

I have been organizing the notes and feedback into a single document, with the understanding that we aren't going to blow up EN and drop six figures on some crazy architecture. 🤣 There are some great Comments that I think can really chance how we interact as a Team.

Feel free to add / edit the doc, just please use a different color font (John is Blue, Scott is red whatever) so I can follow along.

See you Tuesday night 8:30pm EST, in Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/778153831

• Options

@Coach Patrick - so let me get this straight, we are trying to have a conversation about how to get more important conversations to happen in Les Forums, but YOU go to the GroupMe to post the re-schedule FIRST? 😨

the inmates ARE running the asylum...

• Options

@Coach Patrick I will not be available until after 7:30 PM MST/9:30 EST, so I guess I miss this. My thoughts remain:

• Re-name GroupMe Zwift Chat to EN Chatter, and use it as the Dashboard had been intended to be used.

• Use ZEN GroupMe for all chatter Zwift, including scheduling Zwift events.

• Eliminate the Dashboard; use the EN home as the landing page to easily get to: Forums/Wiki/GroupMe/PodCasts, to a maximum of SIX options, in just one click, without going thru Menus.

• Assign a small group to review the Wiki, with an eye to eliminating double entry titles, removing old posts no longer relevant, and confirm the various ways to find info there

• Assign another small group to review the forum categories with an eye to reducing the number drastically. Open both the groups (4-5 people) to the entire membership, and have Coach P pick the people, and assign them their specific task(s).

• Also, the home page should retain the current menu, and be a place for announcements which are relevant for a future of 7-42 days.

• I don't think there's a magic way to increase the number of people who participate online. Those who lean that way eventually will, and those who don't, won't no matter what the prodding. At least that's my observation over the years.

• Options
    edited February 26, 2019 4:04PM

Great stuff @Al Truscott And thanks to @scott dinhofer For making the call last night...

Here's what's next....

Operation Team Calendar [Complete ]

The Team Calendar is now a Google Calendar (Community>Team Calendar, soon to be a homepage widget) that you can add to your own calendar.

Operation GroupMe [Complete ]

> Rename the Zwift Chat into EN Live Channel, make sure all new members are invited.

• Calendar in EN LIVE will be for all official EN events like Office Hours, etc.

> Convert Zwift Event Node Channel Into Zwift Channel for Cycling.

• Calendar in EN Zwift will be for Zwift events.

> Create method for moving GM content to forums; Encourage users tag topics they deem to be #forumworthy to bump Original Poster (OP) to move to the forums...or Option 2 so EN Staff can scrape GroupMe on Fridays to add to forums.

Operation Forum Categories [This Week , Sign Up Here]

Looking for 4 to 5 folks to help reduce the # of forum categories and make sure most current info is accessible. Also chance to format / create what the "forum summary" email looks like. If you are interested in this please apply here by 2/20. Timeline is about 2 weeks worth of work / collaborating.

Operation Wiki Scrub [March]

Looking for 4 to 5 folks to help clean wiki and advise on new policies for curating information, etc. If you are interested in this please apply here by 2/27.

Operation Dashboard [March]

Looking For a few folks to advise iterations of the dashboard once we have the requisite components up. If you are interested in this please apply here by 2/27.

• Options

@Coach Patrick - Most excellent Friday Digest e-mail!! Very well done!

Hopefully someone is tracking number of visits to the Forums to see if this weekly e-mail will drive more folks to the Forums.

• Options
    yeah that was an excellent email this morning

so proud of le @Coach Patrick

Le ven. 15 févr. 2019 à 13:12, Derrek Sanks <
    teamenforums+d25495-s6029573@gmail.com> a écrit :

> [image: Endurance Nation Community]
    >
    > ------------------------------
    > Derrek Sanks commented on GroupMe + Forums: How to Organize the Short-Term
    > and Long-Term Memories of the Team
    >
    > @Coach Patrick - Most excellent Friday Digest e-mail!! Very well done!
    >
    > Hopefully someone is tracking number of visits to the Forums to see if
    > this weekly e-mail will drive more folks to the Forums.
    >
    > --
    > Reply to this email directly or follow the link below to check it out:
    >
    > https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/273413#Comment_273413
    > Check it out
    >
    >

--
  • Options

Thanks Team!! I am hoping more of you will consider being part of the Web Help Group...here's the link: https://goo.gl/forms/6KWtPEfSv721Hagy2

I am looking for input on how to clean up the forums first...so please register via that form by 2/25 EOD, thanks!

~ Coach P