Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Hoff's Holiday Weight loss/Accountability Challenge - 2019

Comments

• Options

I missed it today- I'll weigh in tomorrow AM

• Options

not feeling like I am hitting it but I am down 2lbs in 2 weeks! gotta push hard for more results.. 10 days til turkey day...

• Options

Man- super lame. I am a out even. No loss but no gain either. Good thing this isnt a team challenge or my team would be pissed.

But, humm... good challenge for the future.

• Options

@Patrick Large - looks like you owe us a picture..

please post per the contest rules on the dashboard, on the Id of running chat group me and on the EN live group me... might as well hit the EN live FB as well.

where's my popcorn?? oh wait, I can't eat THAT!!!🤣

• Options

ahh shit man- I just may have to keep the camera out.

OK Pic due in tomorrow :)

• Options

Weighed in yesterday but did not post down 2lbs to 213. On target for this week but still not a great week overall. I'm currently sick so no real workouts possibly into tomorrow.

• Options

I am a Fatty Fat Fat!!!

I post this pic with mixed emotions...

On the one hand, I entered a competition/challenge, failed miserably, and now I am paying the price. Fair play-

But on the other hand (and this is what doesn't sit quite right with me), fat shaming or body shaming is a real and dangerous thing. I understand that "being fat" is all relative. One persons "Fat" is another's ripped and vice versa. To someone who is 350lbs I am shredded, to another who is 175 with 8% BF I am a Fatty Fat Fat!!

In an age where we see young women, who are professional runners, being bullied by Nike, to get as thin as possible, and destroying their bodies in the process, this is a very slippery slope.

As a father of a daughter and two sons it is important that we all stress health and fitness rather than being shamed in a fatty fat fat pic.

That being said- the door is open... mock away :)

• Options
    edited November 25, 2019 10:27AM

Also- I have adjust my numbers a bit. Put my goal at 194 with stretch goal at 190. Let me know if anyone has a problem with that... I am more happy to keep posting undie pics though... I think they will get more creative as we go on :)

@scott dinhofer where is the " EN live group me..." I dont think I am a part of that

• Options

@Patrick Large Your point is well taken and I don't think anyone here will be mocking you. Its more of a result of not hitting your goal. I do think the results of not making a weigh in do deter many, myself included in years past from joining the challenge, particularly when I'm not in a dedicated head space.

I used to have a weekly weigh in in years past and its been at least 3 or 4 since I've done it. I'm going to revive it this year on my quest for sub 180lbs for Calgary 70.3 in July. I bring this back in January once the this weight loss challenge is over.

For me this week I'm down to 3 to 210. I guess it pays to be sick but did not like that i got zero workouts in last week.

• Options

@Gordon Cherwoniak Believe me I am not worried about anyone shaming me. I've been a big boy in the past so even my "fatty fat fat" pics are pretty damn good. I drive my wife nuts prancing around the house in my banana hammocks.

But just because we choose to put ourselves in the spotlight for the abuse on an EN challenge doesn't mean that that should be common place.

• Options
    I for one absolutely want to see just how creative Patrick large can get
    with his underwear pics. We could certainly use that type of leader ship on
    the team. I think we called that “bottoms up” leadership… See what I did
    there?

Seriously though, this is all just a game. The main objective here is to
    get you consistently measuring and staying accountable for your body
    composition. For some people that’s a scale, for other people other tools
    are more effective. But the most important part about the process is the
    community elements. Looking forward to seeing what you guys can do working
    together!
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2019 8:24AM

Damn a really bad week.

Up 2 lbs, fortunately not quite bad enough to have to post a picture.

Got my 45th wedding anniversary tomorrow and have promised my wife we will celebrate with burgers and beers. LOL.

I will have to be super good the rest of the time. A complication is that I have a sprint tri on Saturday, so I can't fast after the burgers and beers.

• Options

@Peter Greagg I think you just post an undies pic for the hell of it :😀

• Options

@Patrick Large Okay, you asked for it.

• Options
    edited November 27, 2019 8:23AM

Yeah @Peter Greagg love it!! Keep up the good work... looking good. That's my goal pic when racing M65-69.

AND Happy Anniversary!!

• Options

I am only down .75 this week, not good. Very hard to lose when not running. I am amping up my bike game this week and outside of thanksgiving dinner, I’m going hardcore. I need to at least hit my goal and then some by the holiday me to set up the next stage of loss into February

• Options

@scott dinhofer I find I can lose a lot better when running as well.

My week is going good from an eating perspective. 3 days on the road an only one off meal with burgers and a beer. Down 1lb for the week so far and the belt cam in a notch. Only problem is now I need a new belt as this is the last notch.

Just getting back in to training from my sickness last week. I did not want to push it with some late night travel as I was still coughing early in the week.

@Peter Greagg Happy Anniversary and have a great race on the weekend

• Options

can I join in? I know it's a little late but some accountability would be good! I don't know why but after October, weight just goes up and up and fat percent with it. Something about holidays and not doing a lot of long distance training...

I need to lose 5 pounds and I want to drop percent at least by one... a friend suggested fasting... I gained 3 pounds and percent fat went up by 0.3! why? because you feel so crappy when you're fasting that you can't workout!

• Options

@Gordon Cherwoniak @Patrick Large thanks for the best wishes. We did do beers and burgers for lunch, then we went out to see a band (and had more beer) that night. So we celebrated very well.

It must agree with me because I came second in my state Sprint Triathlon Championships - just a smidgen over 91 mins.

I think I may need to post another picture next week but we will see. LOL.

@Patricia Rosen I am happy for you to join in. The spreadsheet is near the top (actually it is a link to a Google Spreadsheet).

• Options

@Patricia RosenI don't see any problem with you joining you just pick an end weight and jump in now.

• Options

Down 1lb to 209 this week. Still on track given my early success but not what I want. Can't really complain as the weights going in the proper direction just need a little more focus.

• Options

Up 0.2 this week. It could have been so much worse LOL.

I really need to get back on this horse. I am running out of time.

• Options

It's been a flat week putting me over 2lbs... how creative can I get on this next pic?

• Options

116.7... that is pitiful! too much work, too much turkey, not enough working out.

• Options

@Patricia Rosen - just updated the chart to make your columns line up.. welcome to the insanity!!!

@Patrick Large - can't wait to see what you come up with...

• Options

Birthday week and I went 1lb the wrong direction. So I'm into the red on the spreadsheet. Time to get back on track.

• Options

Today weigh in (196,9 lbs)

• Options

I'm on "vacation" which is good and bad... basically at a conference. We'll see what the numbers lookin like when I get back.. thanks for the accountability, guys!

• Options

Sorry everyone, but I was away from my scales last week.

I am 2 pounds over target for this week and have a mountain to climb in the final week. I need to loose 2.7 in that time.

I need a Big Bike week and going to sleep hungry.

Come-on-everyone, it's the final week, so let's get this done.

BTW, long time participants might have noticed that I am usually in the low 150s at this time of the year, so I am way in front of that at 145.5 today.

• Options

16.8 yesterday 15.5 today ... Xmas parties wrecking havoc