Home Announcements 🎙
Options

The 2011 Uniform Thread

***UPDATE***

We are now taking orders for 2011 tri and cycling kit!!! Save 20% before October 31st!!

1. Go to the EN Store to order.
  2. Use code ENRawks11a to claim your members-only 20% off price!!
  3. Code can also be used for hats, visors, and techical running t's. That said, we haven't finalized the designs for these items yet, but you can expect it to look good and be very high quality (naturally).
  4. All prices include shipping.
  5. Sale ends October 31st.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FREE Tri Top for NEW Members:

• Have you been a TeamEN member since before November 1, 2009Stop reading, see above for your discount code.
  • Have you joined TeamEN after November 1, 2009, and either
  • You HAVE received a free singlet from us in 2010 = that's your free EN singlet. Please use the code above to order your 2011 tri and cycling kit for 20%. Or..
  • You have NOT received a free tri top? You gets a FREE tri singlet, just paying $15 for shipping and handling! Please follow the steps below:
  1. So if you are a CONFIRMED NEW MEMBER...Go the EN Store, Triathlon Section
  2. Add your tri top to your shipping cart. Note that the codes below only work with the tri top, not the shorts, cycling kit, etc.
  3. New TeamEN women: enter code ENChica11 in the coupon code field and click Update Cart/Price to drop the price to $15 SnH. DO NOT USE THIS CODE IF YOU ARE PAYING EN LESS THAN $99/MO
  4. New TeamEN men: use code ENDoode11 in the coupon code field and click Update Cart/Price to drop the price to $15 SnH. DO NOT USE THIS CODE IF YOU ARE PAYING EN LESS THAN $99/MO
  5. Checkout and pay for your order.
  6. NOW come back to the Store and purchase your cycling kit and/or tri shorts applying the ENRawks11 code to claim your 20% off. If you don't order your tri kit separately from your cycling kit, the system will apply 20% off to your $15 singlet and I'll need to show up to your house and collect my $3...don't make me do that .

Below please read notes for:

• Tri Kit Fit
  • Cycling Kit Fit
  • Delivery
  • Design

Questions? Please ask below but keep it to CURRENT sale items. In other words, this is the not the wishlist thread where you propose we offer EN Fish Collars

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tri Kit Fit Notes

Women (from Gina)

• Fabric: Lightweight, breathable mesh. Finish shouldn't be "shiny"
  • Sizing: true to size, per the fit charts

Top: 3/4 length, recessed zipper. Large, single pocket in back. I am 36" in the chest & a large fit me comfortably snug. Susanna is 34" in the chest & the small fit her comfortably as well. The length however is another matter for her. In the small it barely covered her belly button (she is long waisted). Rich's bold here. I measured XL front and back:

• Sugoi kit : 18.5" neck to hem front/20" in back
  • LG kit:   17.25 neck to hem front/22.5" back

So, the LG top is longer in the back, but shorter in the front. No tramp stamp burns, but you better have the 6 pack ready. Rich edit: see that this may specific to Susaanna

Shorts: Fit true to sizing. I was comfortable in a medium. Tri pad was soft, not bulky. Inseam on a lg was 5", hit me mid thigh. I can't imagine anyone in the haus needing an ex-small ( even Neems) & for our athena girls (trying to be diplomatic) the XL top will be snug.

Men's Tri Kit Fit Notes (from Rich, and women can probably gain some insights as well)

• Fabric is more mesh, lighter, and likely cooler than the '10 Sugoi kits
  • Fit is "true to size." I was easily a large on Sugoi so I tossed on a large LG. It was loose, like running singlet loose so I went down to a medium. Fits great and not American Gladiators tight and shiny. This is not a compression top, it's very comfortable.
  • Shorts also fit true to size. Again, I'm used to wearing large, maybe a medium so I put on the large, it was VERY loose on my waist...then I looked at the size chart to see that the LG large waist is 36(!!). So I went down to a small men's short (again, very unusual for me), with a 32" waist, what I am now. Waist fit great. My general shorts recommendation is that the waist fits true to size and the width of the legs decreases more slowly than the waist size but the fabric at the bottom of the short is more grippy. IOW, the waist changed a lot from Large to Medium but leg circumference (?) did not. From Medium to Small the waist fit me better but the legs began to be a little tight. Knowing that I lose weight in my ass and legs, but gain muscle in my legs when fit, and that my waist size will be a 30" at race weight = XS per the charts, I'll stay with small so my legs can fit in the shorts  .
  • Shorts are mesh, cool and comfortable, not compression type material.
  • Chamois is thin and not bulky. It's a tri short, in other words.

Tri Fit Notes, from Tim Bixler, for bigger guys:

I am 6'4" and 225-235.  47-48 inch chest and 37-38 inch waist.  My torso is about normal for my height, perhaps a little long.  I found the 2X and 3X sizes both fit well enough.  The 2X was a little snug across the chest, but would have been probably most smaller in the arm holes.  In that size in particular, the arms seemed too high.  I suspect that's a side effect them being made by scaling up the smaller sizes -- not all the folk that size are just big; there are some pretty athletic frames out there and broad shoulders would impact the fit quite a lot.  The 3x was better through the chest and shoulders, pretty easily.  Both sizes were loose through the mid-section (see my comment about about construction), but nothing that I found too bad. I could wear either on race day and not really notice that issue.  Only negative point of feedback is that both seemed short in the torso -- like up to my navel short.  The back is a bit longer, but I would bet that racing in these will expose your lower back to the sun and your stomach to the world -- so time to do your core work boys.

Tri Kit Inseam Lengths (from LG)

• Inseam is 7" for men's, this assumes a size medium on the body.
  • Inseam for women's is 6.25", again assumes a size medium on the body.
  • The inseam will vary slightly depending upon size.

Cycling Kit Fit Notes

Rich Notes:

I'm 5'9", 39-40" chest, 32" waist. Per the Capo size chart below, I should be a medium jersey and medium bibs:

• The large jersey fit me much better than the medium. Same with the large vest, it fit great.
  • Large bib shorts fit great.
  • Bottomline: for doodes my size or smaller, go up a size for jersey, bibs, and vest.

Quality, material, etc:

• We are going with their "drop" fabric, which is a little thicker and appears to be more durable and longer lasting than the MicroWhatever stuff they also sent me.
  • The kit is VERY high quality, much better than Sugoi. You'll like it.

Vest and Jacket

• Unisex sizing: still waiting on details on this from Capo
  • Sleeve length: they didn't include a jacket in the fit kit so I've asked for more detail re the length of the sleeves by size.
  • The vest is cut just like the jersey but without sleeves (duh), and a wind-resistant fabric. We are going with the version that has 3 pockets in the back = you won't have to dig to get stuff out of your jersey under your vest (you can transfer your stuff over to the vest pockets, but the vest won't roll as tightly as a non-pocket vest to store in a jersey pocket. I did so, it worked fine, no worries.

Patrick Notes (Added 10/15):

I am 6' 2", 34" waist and a 42" chest. Oh, and super way nicer than Rich.  I tried things on under the watchful eye of Miss M.  Per the Capo sizing below I am kind of in the middle.

• I would go with an XL jersey, even though I wear large in my other stuff. The material is snug at the waist and made it look like I was trying too hard in an L (well, it _is_ the OS!). Ditto with the vest...XL. And note it isn't baggy material, still flexy and snug.
  • The large bib shorts fit my waist (34) and are just tall enough to fit my broad, manly shoulders. If you are 6'4" your gonna have to do XL regardless of waist with these bibs!
  • The material all looked great; felt like a pro in these duds. Guaranteed like an extra 10-20 watts.

Gina's Notes: coming soon

All women's kit FedEx'ed to her so look for her feedback.

Vest:

Capo Sizing

Delivery

• We expect to take delivery and begin shipping to you mid/late January

• All orders will need to be prepaid and we will keep a very small inventory of popular sizes (medium and large) and zero inventory of others (small, XL, etc).
  • We will offer men's tri shorts and cycling bibs.
  • Women's tri and cycling shorts will be available if we (you) make the minimum order quantities for these items.
  • Bottomline, if you want it, especially if you want shorts and/or you are in the outer ends of the size scale, order it now. If we don't meet the minimums, we'll refund your money.

Design Notes

First of all, next to rewriting our training plans and making improvements to the site, redesigning the EN kit, dealing with the manufacturers, placing the orders, managing inventory, shipping, and everything else involved in getting you quality training and racing kit...all of _that_ is about the most complicated thing we do around here. It's simply impossible, for many, many reasons, to satisify everyone's wishlist. From tech t's to hats, to visors, to special women's stuff, to....much more....we will always do the best we can but please understand that sometimes we just gotta say no. At a minimum, we really, really hope you decide to purchase and wear an EN racing singlet.

Tri Singlet

We focused on:

• Making the front of the singlet more visible, as you're running on the course.
  • Putting the Work is Speed thing prominently on the back, more visible to everyone, as that's kinda our/your calling card .
  • Put X/B1 right there also, to create a WTF does that say/mean moment with people who aren't the cool kids yet.
  • We feel the LG kit is more of a mesh, cooler, and lighter material than the Sugoi stuff.
  • Features a single, larger back pocket, which we feel is more functional than the two side pockets on the Sugoi kit.

Cycling Kit

• We wanted a clean, sharp, almost retro look.
  • Paid the most attention to the back of the jersey, as that's what most people see, and featured Work is Speed where it's  most visible when you're in the drops, the aero, etc.
  • We're psyched to offer a thermal jacket for you NE peeps, for you to wear in transition before your race, etc.
  • Capo is VERY high quality stuff. My own Sugoi bibs are kinda blown out, the pockets are beginning to separate from the jersey, etc.

Comments

• Options

The look is definitely a departure from the previous kits and while I have to question my masculinity in that my first reaction was "but no more shiny blue?"  the overall look is definitely a lot cleaner and as you said, easier to identify. The Eastern Bloc vibe seems to be greatly diminished by the new texture on the star as well, but we've seen that already in the new logo.

All and all, it's good sharp and clean looking kit, I'll be picking up a few items for sure. Great job guys.

• Options
    So, is this going to be ready for IMAZ?
  • Options
    I'm having a hard time telling if the dark color is navy or black...?
  • Options

@Trevor, thanks for the notes. For me, I really wanted to lose the Connect Learn Achieve stuff, as it's not nearly bad ass enough for us , and I want to move Work is Speed down lower so it's visible in the drops/on your butt in the cycling kit.

@Paul, see availability notes above. Earliest deliver will be January. The lead times on these kits are ludicrous.

@Steve, black.

• Options

Love the colors!!

• Options
    Love it!
  • Options

Rich, I agree completely on emphasising Work is Speed over the previous mantra. Nothing wrong with connecting, learning or acheiving but before I joined EN I remember coming accross WORK is SPEED entering the body and tweeting about what a BA slogan it was, I've heard a few other people comment similarly the first time they read it as well, just has a lot more impact.

• Options
    Very nice. I have not received any team EN stuff and was hoping to wear something in Cozumel to look like a Bad Ass team EN triathlete, any chance of that happening?
  • Options
    Thanks for taking the time to match the colors to my bike.
  • Options
    Sweet! as my 6 year old daughter would say "OMG, Awesome!!"
  • Options

@Kim, again......see availability notes above . I don't want to sound like a broken record but I want to set realistic expectations about delivery dates.

@Chris, yes, matching your bike was our primary consideration . Actually, we wanted kit that would stand out in a crowd and there are a couple teams/kits out there that were starting to look like ours.

• Options
    The only thing missing from the arm warmers is a shot of Lenin and Stalin. :-)
  • Options
    When do we start placing orders?
  • Options
    FREAKING BAD A$$ GUYS. YOU HAVE REALLY EARNED YOUR PAY RAISE THE PAST FEW MONTHS!!image
  • Options

love the look, as a new member I can't wait to get my gear and race it next year!  Any updates on the "cafe press" idea you were kicking around?  I'd love to have the optioin to pick up some "non-standard" items that aren't worth you guys carrying in inventory.  (i.e., visor, coffee travel mug, tech shirt, etc.)

• Options

T-shirts, especially stuff in CafePress, are where we could have fun with like WWII, Soviet-style recruiting poster, freedom through labor, Red Star type images .

@Kevin, any day now, working on the pages now and tightening up the prices.

@Dusty, Grant, our designer, has put a LOT of time into this effort. He'll get the cafe press to us when he gets it but, in the meantime, he's definitely earned the right to not hear from PnI for a while.

• Options

My only complaint now is that you are going to make me poor because I want everything! Looks great -- nice work.

• Options
    @Rich: Of COURSE it's black... now I have to buy new arm warms... grrrr! image
  • Options
    Very nice, can't wait till next year when we can wear them
  • Options
    Wait, didn't we win the Cold War?
  • Options

I like it! Will match my Cervelo perfectly    do have to get my six pack out from under the twlve pack this winter, though!

• Options
    Posted By Tucker McKeever on 11 Oct 2010 07:03 PM

Wait, didn't we win the Cold War?

EN = the Hard East vs the Soft West

• Options
    Ok, so I am obviously a newbie, what is x/b1?
  • Options
    it's code for the 4 keys:

X - execution
    / - the line
    B - the box
    1 - your one thing
  • Options
    I like the code. Totally cool and you are right, totally WTF for anyone that is not fortunate to be part of the EN team.
  • Options
    I dig the design. Oh and it matches my bike as well.
  • Options

Any fit notes on the Cappo stuff?   And did I miss the pricing?

Finally- will there likely be a re-order of the stuff in 2012?  I'm just trying to budget.  I'm not racing much in 2011 and with 4 EN Singlets already to my name, I have a hard time justifying the purchase of another one right now for one or two HIMs next year.  However, I'm sure I'll want to be racing in the new kit in 2012.

Cycling gear OTOH (especially the wind vest- totally useful for TOC) is much more easily justified right now.

• Options
    NICE,,,great job on the design...
  • Options

Doesn't match my bike so I guess

• Options
    Lovin' the look of the new kit! And, lovin' the looks of the sizing! Better start saving now, as I'm sure I'll want one of almost everything!