Home Announcements 🎙
Options

IM Texas Rally

Comments

• Options
    Posted By Joe Hallatschek on 11 Jan 2011 12:58 PM

Patrick - can I mention this IMTX rally to non-members? We are having a Tri-club meeting tonight and we have about 10 athletes doing IMTX this year. At the pool today, I even met another who would be interested in attneding our rally. I looked at the "camps" on our web-site and the IMUSA and IMWI camps infer that it is free to EN members so maybe it's only for us. So I'm holding off until I hear something. We meet once a month so I'll have Feb and March to announce if I can.

Thanks, Joe

X2

• Options
    Yes, the Rally is open to EVERYONE!!! please tell everyone you know!
  • Options
    Posted By Patrick McCrann on 12 Jan 2011 03:45 PM

Yes, the Rally is open to EVERYONE!!! please tell everyone you know!

When I checked yesterday under camps and clicked on the, the link was broken . . . 

• Options

Folks, we'll get around to cleaning up the camps page, hooking up registration, etc shortly. Thanks for your patience.

• Options
    Okay - posted on my facebook and sent out to the Tri-club. Momentum is building!
  • Options
    PEnny, no link b/c I can't hook up lodging yet....2 weeks and 14+ phone calls later...they want me to commit $8k for the rooms should we cancel...I am like HELL NO. No messin around in Texas...stay tuned.
  • Options
    Okay, we have an update...$81 a night for a room with two queen beds (single or double occupancy). It's the Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands, 16850 I-45 South, The Woodlands, TX, 77384. If you google it, you'll see that it's a few miles from the actual transition area.

I would take 242 west to 1488, make a left, and then pick up course there. Roads would be busy but would have a shoulder.

Of course, this leaves us a bit aways from the run course (as in like a 10 min drive to get there). The hotels down there can't handle our group OR charge $160/night for the same room.

I'd like some feedback from you guys on this location…good enough? Keep looking? Any input? Thanks!
  • Options
    Patrick,
    Did you get my email inquiry regarding the IMTX rally?

- Bob
  • Options
    I'm good. Price is right and location seems workable.
  • Options

Works for me...  Sounds like a good rate and close enough to where we need to be.. 

• Options
    Welcome to the suburbs, where they cut down the trees and and name the streets after them. The hotel you have is probably going to be your best bet. The other hotels closer to the mall tend to cater to business travelers during the week and groups on the weekends. They can be very inflexible.

As far as riding bikes to get to the course, etc... We can look at alternatives. However, the immediate Woodlands areas is extremely hostile to bikes. Lots of soccer moms on cell phones cussing you out. Always err on the side of safety, and don't think that a large group of cyclist taking up a lane is a deterent. Once we get on the course outside of the Woodlands the traffic will drop off. But not a problem, we will figure something out.

Penny and I are looking forward to everyone coming down.
  • Options
    Thanks all...from the roads I kinda gathered what you mention, John. We'll have to do our best. I am bummed that the hotel doesn't seem that "run" friendly, although we could always just hop in the cars for the real long run on Sunday for those who want to do it...
  • Options
    So, should we start making reservations then? When will the final info be listed in the camp section?
  • Options

Any further update on which hotel we are using?

• Options
    Folks the initial invite is coming out to all of you tomorrow (friday)...please RSVP and tell your friends!!!
  • Options
    Hey Patrick! I got the e-mail invite and tried to make a hotel reservation with the number provided and the receptioinist said they were sold out for that time period. She also said there was no block of rooms set aside for Endurance Nation.

Could you double check? Thanks, Joe
  • Options
    I am working on the reservations...it's not easy, sorry! The site is up to register for the rally. We are asking for $25 this year so we know you are going to really be there -- you'll get a shirt or we'll donate the funds, either way you win and EN makes zero off the camp!
  • Options
    Just got off the phone with the hotel directly ( not the 800 number for Fairfield ) and they do have rooms but the block is unknown to them. They did give me the 89$ rate even without me asking for it however ( usually 109 ).
  • Options
    You can book the rooms there either way; as long as you get the $89/night rate you are all set!
  • Options
    Jeff - what number?
  • Options
    There direct number is 1-936-271-0110
  • Options
    And the block "Endurance Nation" is live, so sign up ASAP!
  • Options
    @Jeff - thanks for the number, worked great.

@ Patrick - got the $81/night deal. Beat Military and Gov't discount. Awesome!

I'll get the word out!

• Options

I'm in and looking forward to it! I called the direct line provided by Jeff above. They had it booked with an emailed confirmation done in under 2 minutes....

@Coach P    Did the "official" invite get distributed to the entire EN population on Friday?  I did not receive anything on it.  If so, you my want to check the distribution list. 

• Options
    John and I are in Sugar Land (southwest side of Houston) which is a bit of a haul to the Woodlands. John is attending the camp. We have an open queen bed if anyone wants to stay with us and commute with John.
  • Options

I booked a hotel room with no problem at the $81 rate but have not been able to sign up/register for the event. I created an account at Evenbrite but when I go there from the Rally page link it says only the event creator can change the site (or something to that affect). Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks!

• Options
    @Geoff - I had the same problem. The last EN newsletter had a link that I used and it worked fine. So, try this link:

http://endurancenation.eventbrite.com/

• Options

@ Joe - I found it the same way and was jost about to make the post! Thanks for the follow up!

• Options
    For anyone who is in the area of wants to make a trip down, there is going to be a supported IMTX swim practice on April 30. http://badig.com/2011/02/ironman-texas-practice-swim/
  • Options

I've got a room, a flight and a rental SUV, getting excited for the upcoming rally! Question for Coach P, will you be helping us adjust our training plans, I am beginning week three of the 12 wk intermediate IM plan today, will the rally workouts just fall into place or should we be planning adjustments, for instance the weekend following the rally is a bike RR, seems like we will be getting two of those at the rally one on Fri and Sat.... Thanks, Geoff.