Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

2014 IM Lake Placid Official Introductory Thread

124»

Comments

• Options
    @Bill Have you been reading! LOL I still think CTS an Friels' books have a lot to offer. I survived my first IM starting with Time Crunched Triathlete then Triathlon training Bible and Going Long. Dog eared and full of underlines I still find pearls.

@Edwin good to hear your moving along on recovery. I found all this bike run stuff had my hip stabilizers become weekend. This may be a good time to introduce some posterior chain work (variations on the" Superman" and Kettlebell swings) and hip stabilizers (glute med. performis etc) grapevines, single leg Deadlifts (w/ or w/o weight held in hand of moving leg) or with cross reach, single leg glute bridges, speed skater drills etc. Reeely helpful from a PRE-Hab standpoint.

@ Everyone.....I see your posting here your WKO's are you'all not in week 8 going into 9? there is a forum page where everyone else seems to be posting FYI.
  • Options
    Well jealous Brenda is getting all this climbing in,so I had to do the next best thing! Today another big trg day. One hr run used a sweat test protocal done,difference before and after was 1 lb so 1500 ml of fluid loss. Next up 4 hr ride in the Gats. metric century ride done.Food consumed 3 gels and 1500 ml of gatorade. Was another race prep for Lake Placid. Today was the first day I felt my biking legs are finally coming around. Time to refuel will be doing it all over again tomorrow, thanks for reading !
  • Options
    Well my best guess on getting out on the bike proved the best decision today. Three hrs of sprinkled showers before the down pours. Seen/talked with Brent Eritou as I was leaving the park. He was doing a monster race rehearsal day wowzer. Well in all this weekend's totals 7 hrs of Gaineau climbing rides and 2 hrs of running. What a solid weekend of outdoor cycling can do to your psych, I bet Brenda feels like Freud right now.Slow but sure a build to LP again is taking shape !
  • Options

Trying to get my legs back under me after a week of the flu. I am shift some workouts around so I can get in the long bike and the pretty long bike work at the end of the week. I did today's run workout yesterday. Today I did tomorrow's interval run and today's swim. The run went fairly well. I was a little off pace, but not so for it bothered me. I was only one second different for the 2 intervals. The swim was something completely different. Started with no lanes available. When I finally did get a lane, it was lie I completely forgot how to swim. I had no form, no balance and no pace. Counting strokes only made it worse. At 1,500 yards, started getting calf cramps. The kept intensifying until I had to stop at 2,000 yards. A little over one week away from the pool and I forgot how to swim.

• Options

Hope everyone is completing their long bike work today. I did my 4 hour ride yesterday and a shorter ride today. The rides were on a Bob Seager theme as the first half of each ride were against the wind. Today I needed to cut the 3 hour ride down to 2. There is a SAU deficit in this house and I must raise it. Keep the pressure on. Eleven weeks to go.

• Options
    @ Edwin I am not sure if you are interested but I have created a weekly forum leading up to the race. This is a great place to continue the EN mojo and being able to connect with your fellow EN members who are training.

Look forward to catching up.

Cheers

Simon
  • Options
    At the risk of duplicating efforts, I lifted this from a FB posting from William Jenks (Tim's dad). I love the idea of any/all EN Team members who would like to make a donation (LP athletes -OR- any other event) in exchange for a decal, temp tattoo and/'or black ribbon (or whatever we decide upon as a group). We can send the $ per the information below. Simon -please let me know how I can help

Timothy Jenks Memorial Fund

Friends: Many of you sent donations to us at the time of Timothy’s funeral or have otherwise participated in something that said funds would go to Timothy’s Memorial.

We met with the principal of Ames Middle School and head coaches from Ames Soccer Club and Ames Cyclone Aquatics Club. We have agreed to establish a Timothy Jenks Memorial Scholarship for graduating 8th graders at Ames Middle School. We hope it will be a way to honor the way Tim lived and help inspire some others with the important life transition he was about to make.

The award will recognize graduating 8th grade students who live life with passion, participate vigorously in extracurricular activities (sports, music, etc), and demonstrate the willingness to apply that passion to what they do as they move into high school. We hope the recipients will use the award to help fund those passions, whether to buy a piece of sports equipment, a new musical instrument, attend an important camp related to their activities, or some similar expense. The size and number of awards will depend on the success of our fund raising; award administration will be done by the school.

The funds donated in Timothy's memory will be set aside in a Foundation account to be managed independently of the family. The Foundation account will be set up shortly. In the meantime, the Jenks family will receive funds designated for the "Timothy Jenks Memorial Fund" and see that they are put into the account when it is set up in the very near future.