Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Arizona
Options

2014 IM Arizona Official Introductory Thread

124»

Comments

• Options

Posted By Scott Dinhofer on 25 Sep 2014 09:25 PM

Betsy, execute your executive powers & chooose the menu.

Breakfast at chompees one day sounds awesome.

are we going to organize a group ride?

AL T I saw you said earlier that you will do a ride on thrs. I arrive at noon at PHX, give me til 2 to be ready? have to register and pick up bike at tbt, then straight to our hotel..

YIKES - I haven;t even made plane reservations yet for PHX. We're probably going to be arriving early Thurs afternoon, and I will ride on late Friday morning. My earlier statement was made before I checked my hotel reservation, which is from Thurs-Mon. More later.

• Options
    Al...I arrive Thursday mid-day.  A Friday ride sounds good.
  • Options

Posted By Bruce Thompson on 26 Sep 2014 06:10 AM

Al...I arrive Thursday mid-day.  A Friday ride sounds good.
    I'm arriving Thur also. Ok if I tag along on Friday ride?

• Options
    Y'all be careful riding on the Bline today. Thunder lighting and raining in Fountain hills right now. 100 plus may be tri key today. Be safe
  • Options
    Its official on the AZIM google document:

Team dinner: Buca di Beppo, 3828 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, 85251, 480-949-6622 (just a couple of miles north of Tempe)
    Thurs, 11/13/14, 6pm
    Adults $34/person, includes tax and tip
    kids 10 and under, half price, $17, kids under 2 free (same meal)
    we will collect money onsite,; if its easier for you to write a check and send it to me ahead of time, let me know

Menu: Family style, all you can eat

Caesar salad, mixed green salad

spaghetti with meatball (vegetarians can ask for plain or marinara sauce)
    Cheese manicotti (for you vegetarians)

Chicken limone

dessert: homemade cheesecake

Unlimited soft drinks, tea and coffee

Booze: ON YOUR OWN!

Be sure to sign in on the official AZIM document, I have to have final numbers in 11/11/14!

As for a breakfast or lunch friday or saturday:

The Chompies on University,less than a mile from Rio Salado and Mill (finish line) does not take reservations or have a party room. But they can certainly accommodate a group by pushing tables together. Lets talk about breakfast fri or sat or lunch fri after 4 keys or saturday after open swim. The sandwiches are ginormous and certainly would give you lunch saturday and enough for take home for dinner. Pankcake and waffle meals are huge too!

Anybody have a sherpa to volunteer for photographer???

As for group rides or swim, I am available for anything. I know Al will be riding Friday afternoon

• Options
    How do I find the google doc? I have not seen a note for that. Everything looks great! Thanks!
  • Options
    Vicki-go to the forums and find Brenda's AZIM super introductory thread. Her first post has a ton of info and links to important things. The link to the spreadsheet is there-I don't know any other way to find it??
  • Options
    Thanks Betsy! This all looks great! My daughter can be the official photographer. I just need to remember to charge the batteries. I would prefer nothing scheduled for sat AM as that's my last am to sleep late but lunch/brunch on Friday sounds great.
  • Options
    Betsy, we will be a late entry on this as we have folks coming in and our final schedule hasnt been set...ill let ya know later in October unless you have to have a count.
  • Options
    Paul and all-dinner count only has to be finalized two days before the event-11/11/14. Plenty of time. More at the dinner is ok-just have to guarantee a minimum.

Mary-thanks for volunteering your photographer!
  • Options
    Hey everyone! If you're racing IMAZ this year and are on Twitter join Coach P tonight at the EN Twitter Chat 8pm EST Topic tonight is perfect for you! "Mastering the Taper Monster" Follow #ENTriChat and join the fun, help us promote, meet new trifriends, share your amazing EN knowledge and maybe even win some swag! Follow @TeamEN on twitter and join the fun!