Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

2017 IM Louisville Roll Call......Who's In?

13»

Comments

• Options
    ok folks, @Francis Picard & I both booked rooms at the spring Hill suites.. I've pinged our super sherpa, @Trent Prough (and he IS super!) with our intended group plans from this thread.
    Room - check!
    IM Registration - Check!
    Plane Flight - in progress
    TBT - in process
    stay away from carbs - back in the saddle, check!
  • Options
    Looking for opinions from the group.  I am signed up for Louisville having transferred from Lake Placid since I moved to Indiana for work in May.  Since moving, I have had some better consistency in training but am not sure I can get ready in time.  Here is what I am up to:
    Swim: 2000 yard total
    Bike: 35 mile ride
    Run: Currently 6 mile, but did half-marathon in May

A little more about me.  I have good running background. 25+ marathons/ultras (last in Nov. 2016). 2x70.3 (Last one 2014).

So your opinion.  Go or no go for Louisville this year? I am at an important decision point.  Goal is finishing!!
  • Options
    @tom meehan - is this your first IM?
    might want to punch up  coach's thread and ask Coach P to chime in
  • Options
    Done!  Thanks for organizing @Scott Dinhofer
  • Options
    @Scott Dinhofer - according to my list the following 13 people submitted TSR's saying they are racing IMLou

• Options
    I'm not racing IM Louisville but I would love to host a team dinner at my house.  Maybe the team dinner Friday night if anyone is interested?  I live about 2 miles off the bike course right past River Road and Hwy 42.  About a :30 min drive from downtown on the bike course out to my house.   
  • Options
    That sounds great @Kellie Moran-Jones, thank you for offering!!
  • Options
    @Kellie Moran-Jones that is what makes this team so great! Kudos to you!
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2017 10:35AM
    I'm not racing IM Louisville but I would love to host a team dinner at my house.  Maybe the team dinner Friday night if anyone is interested?  I live about 2 miles off the bike course right past River Road and Hwy 42.  About a :30 min drive from downtown on the bike course out to my house.   
    THIS is awesome... I just added a "car available" column to the team sheet, only issue may be transport if enough of us don't have cars. Only concern I have is if people have dietary restrictions, concerns, etc... Maybe start a thread in the Louisville forum just for the dinner with your planned menu, etc?
  • Options
    In for the race ... Looking forward to joining a strong EN team.   Probably at Aloft downtown or the Sheraton across the river: this one is a "travel on points" dealio for me!   
  • Options
    this group is starting to be an epic one..
  • Options
    Just added my name to the list.  Seems like the Team EN hotel is Springhill Suites and I have a room.  
  • Options
    In for the race ... Looking forward to joining a strong EN team.   Probably at Aloft downtown or the Sheraton across the river: this one is a "travel on points" dealio for me!   
    Dave - if you haven't yet done so, you can merge your starwood & Marriot accounts, should be able to do springhill suites on points if available.. - looking forward to seeing you after all this time!
  • Options
    @Scott Dinhofer - I'm still protesting the Marriott / SPG merger!  ( ... and about 40 nights away from Starwood Platinum for life), so it's a Starwood property, or nothing!
  • Options
    Fort those of you who have raced Louisville before, what did/do you have in your special needs bags?
  • Options
    @Scott Dinhofer - I'm still protesting the Marriott / SPG merger!  ( ... and oabout 40 nights away from Starwood Platinum for life), so it's a Starwood property, or nothing!
    Don't nights at Marriott count on the merged rewards plan? I'm SPG also, but nowhere near lifetime anything 
  • Options
    @Brian Smith in my Bike Special needs I had extra gels, contact stuff (a small compact mirror and an extra disposable contact), bike tube and extra co2. 

Run Special Needs-Shot blocks, beans, gels, contact stuff and mini glide.  

I ended up using none of it, but liked having the piece of mind that it was there if I needed it.  

Remember you DO NOT get your bike special needs back.  You only get your run special needs back if you walk down and pick it up yourself before that aid station closes.  
  • Options
    @Kellie Moran-Jones

Thanks for the input Kellie...