Homeโ€บ Coaching Forum ๐Ÿงข
Options

Chris Oubre's thread

123457ยป

Comments

• Options

@Chris Oubre - thanks for the health update. I agree that we need to be mindful of just how much hard work you're doing. There's a risk/reward ratio here. All speed is not just generated from work, consistent and running awesome matters. Sounds like at the very least we need to build in a recovery week at a minimum every eight weeks. I might suggest that we do for him, one off. That would be four weeks of work with one week of just easy consistent running at TRP pace.

Keep me posted on how the recovery is proceeding and we can decide what is the best way forward there. In terms of your overall fitness, I'm impressed with the work you're doing and the results that you're seeing from a pace perspective. The key for Iron Man will eventually be aligning that kind of effort with your heart rate. After all being able to run 740s is good, but if you are at 180 bpm it's not going to work at the end of a long day.

Not to make you frustrated, just saying that you are walking the path but still a little early. I would like to see what we get from the half marathon before we make any decisions, I don't think any races will truly sell out next year at this point.

Let's get that calf back safely!

~ Coach P