Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Texas

IMTX Week 2 0f 12

Comments

• @SS thanks for the kind words.... Yes I feel really good about beating a bunch of old guys today.... But in the end I was only racing myself or more importantly my Power Meter.... I'm still a very small fish in a big pond here in Tucson and KONA all one has to do is look at STRAVA LOL... Your energy , support, and mojo on this board is what leading is all about.....

OH stand by I maybe doing something stupid this weekend LOL!
  • @Mike- I was laughing about the texts your wife sent you. I can totally picture it.

@Jeff- No worries at all.  I welcome any input/suggestions you or anyone on this forum might have. We all tend to overlook one thing or another.  In my case, nutrition is the wild card at the moment.  It turns out, you weren't far off on both accounts.  Yes, I took in too much nutrition, and yes I did consume 295 calories/hr and 20oz liquid/hr.  Although on paper it seems it might be adequate for a 5' 4", 126 lb, someone who barely sweats... let me tell ya'... It wrecked havoc on my stomach after my ride. I was only able to take in a chocolate milk and water as recovery and a couple of bites of a sandwich.  Normally, I'm ravenous after a hard 4 hr ride. The thought of eating made me want to puke. Two and half hrs after my ride, I was doubled over with stomach cramps, as it tends to happen on race day..  All I needed was a bush to crawl underneath at that point.  It has taken 24 hrs to feel human again and want to eat.  

I sent a message to Coach Patrick and he thinks it was a bit of an overload.  He suggested I go "old school" with my nutrition for Sunday's ride.  I don't know what 'old school" means. LOL.  He knows I was taking in "Infinit" nutrition before and he thinks that the 3.5g of protein that it has per hr, is the culprit for my GI issues.  He'll probably text back tomorrow.  He said next week for the weekly wko's, we could try a more "measured build-up."

@Mike- Oh, how I envy your gut.  That would kill me.

@Tim- Kudos to you on both of your bike TT's. 

I woke up this morning feeling fatigued from yesterdays 4hr bike ride.  I still went ahead and did my 45 min run and attempted my swim afterwards.  I had to pull the plug on the swim.  All my body wanted was some rest.  I went home and took a much needed nap.

Have fun on your long rides tomorrow!!  I can't wait to read how you all did and felt.  Be safe out there.

• @ Mike...maybe you should have your tri stuff delivered to your workplace (if possible)...or to a neighbor....or a P.O. Box!  Kidding...the exact same thing happens at my house....it's just not written down.  That text says it all though.  I just know that if my wife buys something (especially if it's something I don't think she particularly "needed"), I'd better not make any comments....she has plenty of ammo to fire back at me....deliveries every week it seems.  Just too many good deals (stocking up on winter stuff on sale right now).  "But honey, it was on sale"...

@ Linda...hope you can figure out what will work for you.  Having never done an IM (or marathon), I'm most scared of the heat and/or response of my body/gut on May 17.  Sounds like sooooo many people have their race ruined by cramps/vomiting/dehydration.  Sure hope it warms up here soon so I can do my RR in some heat.  

@Tim...man you tore it up today.  Impressive numbers, and a killer w/kg.  Have you raced any of the "hillier" IM?  I know you don't like cold, but seems like you would be even faster (relative to us low w/kg people) on a hilly course.  

Got the 3400y swim in.  I have trouble hitting the T-pace - 2sec intervals....they weren't really any faster than T-pace, despite what felt like more effort.  I also wish I could figure out how to engage my lats....I feel the fatigue mostly in my deltoids.  If I engage my lats, I get "choppy" and lose some streamlining and end up going no faster but fatiguing faster.  This swimming thing is complicated .

I'm up super-late after tinkering with my bike setup.  I sent Todd at TTBikefit some videos.  He said my setup/position was not bad, but had a few "minor" suggestions, if I wanted to proceed.  Of course...I did.  His idea of minor and my idea are a bit different.  Moving my seat forward 3cm, up 1/2cm, tipping the nose down more, extensions forward 4cm, forearm cups forward 2cm, and tipping down the nose of the saddle.  I'm not an experienced bike mechanic by any means, so this took a while (screwing it up a few times and having to redo it included).  Marked everything carefully before changes and double checked everything was tightened back down.  I was basically a little too far back and he wants to move me forward, opening up my hips a bit more.  My forearm cups were way too far back for sure.....my knees hit them if I slide forward too much.  Feels good on the trainer.  Will give it a try.  Gotta get it out on the road for some hours before camp for sure. 

• Man the toughest part of this training aint the blood, sweat, tears, or even the weather....its trying to keep up with the social threads....sorry folks...absent from the boards most of the week again...but pleased to report a solid week thus far...and to see everyone doing so well in their race prep.

Cronk...you continue to amaze...was this a road TT?...and did you ride in your Tri bike or were guys on Road bikes

and...IMHO...while I love the sport....Roadie Bikers Suck...seriously...weather your trying to talk to them on the road or communicate with them off road on all things endurance sport related...egotistical bas&ards....

Thursdays Long run was another TM -fest...90min. of progressive Z1/Z2....then yesterday got to my gym/pool in the am and the pool was underrepair...luckily had my run stuff packed for a lunchtime affair....so did my run....then found out I could swim at a sister club not far from work....so left a bit early and got in a solid 3K yard swim workout according to the plan...not great but good for me.

Hope to get outside and ride this weekend....even if its not the full amount of time...I need to get the bike outside...wring out the kinks...etc. for at least one of the weekend days....fingers croxxed.

Good luck everyone..

• @Linda.... We are similar sizes.... I did not like infinite and or the idea of too much protein in my day.... I only drink perform on the bike (no or very little water)... I drink to thirst but on 15min intervals set to beep on the garmin.... If its cold or I'm not thirsty I take 1 small mouthful, if its warm I'll take 2 , if its hot and I'm thirsty I'll take 3.... In addition to that I will drink whenever I am thirsty and sometimes start drinking every 10 min..... This works out to 15-30oz per hr and usually falls right in 20-24oz even on a hot day.... For fuel I go from harder to digest to easier thru the bike and on to the run... First on the bike is 1 cliff bar , eaten in 1/4 pieces (60cal) every 30 min , after that I go to clif shot blocks eaten 2 at a time (60cal) every 30 min, very late in the bike I will eat 1 full caffeinated gel (around mile 90).... Run I use a gel flask in hand and sip 50-60 cal every 3rd mile and drink perform every mile, usually switching to coke at 18-20 miles.... This ends up being 250 cal per hr on bike and run give or take 20... YMMV.... My bike splits are usually 5-5:30 so if your planning longer the nutrition will be different.

@JL Yes I've race very hilly Mooseman 70.3 (hardest course I've every been on) IMLOU, IMMT, and I consistently place much higher in the rankings on a flat course like IMTX , IMFL , IMCOZ..... I really dont understand that myself....I did do really well at the Quassy OLY last year and that was a touch course...I'll get a chance at a few hills again in IMCHOO...
  • @Joe L.... yes I'm not a big fan of roadies.... The bike TT was in the "Senior Games" most were old guys and AG's started at 50-54 ... so again no real comp and most had road bikes ....The first 4.25 mile heat 2nd place was a full minute behind me...... The 2nd 12.85 mile heat they all had a battle suck my wheel and one guy hung on for about 2 miles.... I heard a few comments about TT bike, race wheels (I didnt even have a disc), my aero helmet, oh and even a skinsuit comment when all I had on was my DeSoto longsleeeve shirt.... OH your a triathlete with no body fat was another... The oldest guy to compete was 88 NOW that is inspiring! I'm doing the "Senior Swim Games " next weekend... Last time I did those a couple of 74 yr old guys beat me!

• Posted By tim cronk on 08 Mar 2014 07:51 AM

@JL Yes I've race very hilly Mooseman 70.3 (hardest course I've every been on) IMLOU, IMMT, and I consistently place much higher in the rankings on a flat course like IMTX , IMFL , IMCOZ..... I really dont understand that myself....I did do really well at the Quassy OLY last year and that was a touch course...I'll get a chance at a few hills again in IMCHOO...

Aaah Mooseman...gratifying to hear someone as talented as you comment on the challenging nature of the ol' Mooseman course...of course you failed to mention ..at least the time I saw you there....that a.) it was Freekin' Cold and Wet...and b.) you were doing a Double ..Oly + 70.3 on that weekend...LOL...

I like the challenge of hill...long steady climbs...and hate steep inclines...I don't ride them enough to get "good" at them.

Looks like I'm gonna get outside today!!!!!!!!woohoo

• Long bike today went reasonably well: http://www.strava.com/activities/118770784   VI = 1.03

I am close to same size/weight as Coach P.  I drink about 2 bottles Perform/hr = 12 oz every 15 minutes. at :10 and :40 I alternate between Power Gel Caf and 1/2 Power bar......right now, that works perfect for me.   If it is not hot, I pee ALOT but, that will change once temps rise............

Had a storm blowing in today that I was trying to avoid, at mile 73, winds shifted again, bottom dropped out, temps fell to 46 degrees and rain came down, so by mile 80 I was tired, cold, wet, wind beaten and hungry......hands got really cold at the end.......survived.....moving 1X1 run to tomorrow to avoid more cold/wet temps and warm up.......thinking about eating a Polar Bear for lunch...

Good luck out there ALL and be safe!

• Figured I better start joining in on the conversations so I'm not a total stranger come race week.

Run and long bike done. Now showered, compression socks on, and reclining with my go to post long workout meal: French toast!
  • 80 miles in the books (had to do a couple of parking lot laps to get over 79.9). Lessons learned:

- It takes focus to hold 195 NP for 25 minutes (got better through the ride)
    - I can easily spike to 250w while passing people (patience needed)
    - My 74% IF is not currently generating the 25mph I'm going to need to win this race.
    - Two CO2 is not enough.
    - Fixing a flat in sand is hell on Speedplay cleats (nice thinking, Dr. Dumas).
    - Good hydration (3xP) with Perform.
    - Similar to Tim, Bonk Breaker to Blocks to gel on 15-min alerts (I was starving at the end, so I've got to add some calories).
    - My undercarriage had a taintastic first date with my amazing new DeSoto Forza shorts (they're going out again tomorrow).
    - ISM should win the Nobel Peace Prize for the Adamo saddle.

Hope everyone has a safe, productive weekend.
  • Loveing all the.mojo! These posts are cracking me up. Lots of great info floating around in here...love it!
    Another 4 hour straight trainer ride followed up by a 4 mile run...wait for it...outside! It is a gorgeous day in Minneapolis! Don't anticipate biking outside for quite some time still, but I'll take a run any day.
    Tomorrow is a 2hr performance cycle class at Lifetime to boost my time on the bike his week.
    Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • the next handful of days will be odd due to spring break. the good news is that I am in kauai. The bad news is that the road biking is no good. the roads are awful and he traffic is bad. Ive got a bike with me. WIll see what we can do.

Got a 7.5mi run in this morning and hope to swim later.

Sure is pretty though.

http://www.trainingpeaks.com/av/QAF3YDRHVLFOGX2KIL4GNB5Z7U

• Y'all are funny...and inspiring...was ecstatic to get outside today...though I had to wait and it closed my time window a bit...but super pleased to get in almost 3hr (2:40+) at 19.9 mph/ 184 avg. NP...81IF...VI was crappy (1.13) getting back into the outside thing...and dealing with some wind....but oh it felt so so good.....Tommorrow too I hope....

• @Tom Box welcome .... dont be a stranger....

@Jimmy so happy your running again....

Lots of good long rides today under challenging conditions inside and out!

As promised.... OK I'm done with the stupidity.... NO really I am..... Been wanting to do the Double Lemmon ride before it got too close to IMTX... Today was the day... Its not IMTX like but still managed almost 5hrs at .75 ish and a lot of extra seat time descending.... Warm at the bottom and cold at the top required changing clothes each time.... If your so inclined you can view the stupidity on the Dashboard....

Longrun tomorrow and then a much needed swim only Monday..... Not even gonna kick.... ZERO legs!
  • Got my long bike in OUTSIDE! today -- first time off the trainer since last summer and it was great. ~4 hours and managed all the intervals comfortably and in aero except for a few climbs. Felt great

35' run later in the day and overcooked the mile interval at ~Z5. Legs felt pretty good. Feel even better now in my compression tights with my feet up watching some college bball.
  • Weather, plus being on call (wife out of town....no one to pick up me if called to hospital), led to long ride on trainer today.  Did the 35min run before-hand, but Garmin was not charged so just ran with HR monitor and RPE.  Felt good, but don't know exactly how fast I was running.  Tried to push one mile at what felt like Z4, rest at easy/MP effort.  

Since my sweat test last week was radically different from prior one, I used the 4hr trainer ride as an opportunity for 4hr sweat test!  70 degrees with ceiling fan....not exactly north Houston in May though!  I drank 42oz/hr of perform, 6 PB gels.  Gained 1.8lbs over 4hrs.  So, by my calculations I need 32-35oz/hr.  I know it's not ideal since I was riding at 75% for 100mins (rather than 0.68, which is my target IF for IM distance based on current FTP and not being a strong runner), but given the favorable conditions in my bedroom, I suspect it all equals out.  Still very different from my prior sweat test, where I needed 43-53oz/hr.  It seems to me, that for IMTX, the BEST test would be a long ride outside in heat/humidity.  Will try this if possible sometime.  Drinking 42oz/hr was OK...a little "burping" issues, but nothing major.  Stomach felt full.  Also got to test the new position, after adjustments from Todd at TTbikefit.  Felt fine, but real test will be outside.  Took some new videos to send him with new position.  

http://app.strava.com/activities/118897416

Tomorrow's weather looks even worse, so probably will be back on the trainer tomorrow. 

@ Tim....don't see your double Mt. Lemmon ride on Strava.  Would love to see it.  

Glad to see some other folks posting here.  

• @Jeff L..... thanks for the heads up.... I usually download to garmin and wait for tapiriik to copy to TP and STRAVA.... something must be broken ... had to do it the old fashion manual way..... Its up on STRAVA and via Garmin on the Dash... Ref your long sweat test--- Did you calculate/guestimate the weight of anything that may have come out of your body during the ride (pee stops) ?

Nutrition stats on my ride for those interested..... Ride time was 6:39 but elapsed time 7:16 (due to a couple pee stops and changing clothes at top and bottom).... Consumed a little over 100oz of fluid (perform and 1 Mt. Dew) or 15oz per hr (note it was mostly very cold) consumed a little over 1700 calories or roughly 235 per hour in the form of the fluids, 1 cliff bar, 1 pro-bar , 4 cliff blocks, and 1 gel..... Breakfast was maybe 700 calories of pancakes, almond butter and maple syrup, coffee..... Dinner has been Kale salad, hummus, 2 different kinds of rice, with indian lentils and beans, washed down with Chocolate chip cookie, half a peanut butter cupcake and Coconut salted caramel ice cream all from Whole Foods and Vegan! OH ate some asian dough balls with some kind of sweet bean filling and sesame seeds while I waited to get home , while downing a Kombucha...... I dont think I'm at a caloric deficit anymore!
  • @ Tim...I did not pee (or even have any tinkling of an urge whatsoever)....nothing came out except sweat.  Seemed like a lot of sweat, but for a 4hr ride outside in Texas heat I'm usually really "crusty"/salty....minimal of that today.  It concerns me that I had no urge to pee (and still haven't an hour later).  I need to continue to push the fluids on all my rides....must pee on the bike!  I had to pee at Austin HIM at mile 50, drinking ~48oz/hr.  Maybe I started a little dry, since I ran before the ride and didn't drink on that short run.  

I consumed 532cal/hr (perform and PB gels).  My need is 395cal/hr.  Still need to do some work on the nutrition plan, obviously. 

• @JL...... I dont know how you guys can drink so much and then not pee LOL... But your A LOT larger than I .... I wouldnt worry about it... People like Paul Hough go until T2... Your calculations seem spot on at 32-35oz per hr which would also lower your calories a bit closer to your hourly goal near 400.... I do like to have 30 calorie blocks on my ride so I can adjust calories up or down on the fly depending on how much I am drinking based on how hot it is.... IOW if its cold and I'm not drinking as much I can just add 30 calories at a time.... and vice versa if I'm drinking more than normal I wont eat as many .... Nice work and I think inside is actually pretty comparable to outside in Texas... Seem to just sweat a lot more inside ....
  • 40 is not 50...lol...another outside ride...but the wind and temp were not as accomodating today...colder and windier...but okay...still able to ride outside...again a bit shorter than I would have liked but pleased with weekend double outside....today was 2hs/36mi/out steady easy against the wind  Z1/Z2 avg 162NP...back steady tempo HighZ2/LowZ3  avg 172NP....overall 168NP & .75IF solid.

Next weekend I'll extend these out to 3-4hrs...hope the weather continues to cooperate.

• Did a 2:10 cycle palooza at Lifetime Fitness today. DJ, disco ball, flashing lights, about 250 cyclists and Troy Jacobson himself leading half of the ride! It was a blast and a great way to get in another ride. I dont usually bike long back to back days, so after yesterdays 4 hr trainer ride and 4 mile run, I felt awesome and did not want it to end!! It was another big effort today and all I can say is WORK WORKS!!!!!!!
    Keep hammering peeps!!
  •  Hard Trainer workout today: http://www.strava.com/activities/119194203/analysis

Amazed at how everyone is nailing it and exceeding consistently with these hard weeks so far!

• @SS your file looked very much alive! Nicely done!

@Annie that cycle palooza sounds like fun!

@Joe dont know how you can go outside in weather like that.... If I was in NH I'd be inside till low 50's anyway LOL...

Today's run was rough... Started out with a goal of 13ish miles in 100 minutes.... settled for 101minutes and 11.7 miles.... didnt fight the pace , just did the miles to keep my conisistency up for the week.... VERY EASY swim only day tomorrow and will recover and get ready for tuesday!
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/458026322#

After eating so much junk during and after training yesterday it felt good to stuff myself with my usual big salad for lunch ( I did feel like I am still at too much of a deficit so had some chocolate too) I love the big days being an exercise in making sure to eat enough , quite the challenge actually , dont want too much of a deficit that is not good.... Its the lower volume days after that are hard to adjust downward accordingly.... The couch and dog are calling me... Feet UP!
  • Today was just about taking advantage of the weather and having fun (essential in this process unless you're robot or getting paid to do it). 70, sunny, light wind. Rode 30 N along the beach, turned around and rode home. Even 60 miles. IM-style, focus on pace, position, nutrition and hydration. NP 182, IF .75, VI 1.04, 20.7 avg mph. I'm blaming the slightly elevated VI on the handful of stoplights. Now, I need a combo of ^ FTP and aero wheels/helmet to get that mph to 21 so I can keep Simmons in sight on race day.

P.S. Jeff & Linda, don't relent on your nutrition/hydration work. Messing it up can cost hours, negating all this hard work. On courses like TX, dehydration has and will continue to snuff out lots of IM dreams. By drinking 90% Perform, I can overdrink without risking hyponatremia. I just have to rinse my shorts more often. If you haven't peed by 40 or 50, you're behind. Drink up. Food-wise, everyone is different. I can easily eat solids early on the bike, but have to move to gels late and on the run. I like something salty to eat and some cold water late in the ride to break up the Perform/gel monotony. Try everything until you find it. Move to carbs only? Move to all/mostly liquids? Less calories per hour? If you can nail it, it's like the 5th discipline and can instantly put you ahead of 500 people who will be shuffling porto to porto.

P.S.S. Tim, I got badly chicked by two tri girls who had to be going 26 mph. Just flying. Caught up to them at the stop light. Both had that pro/Kona veiny-cut look, and one had an Olympics rings tat on her calf. Unlike some guys who would get such ink after watching the ice dancing semis in Vancouver from the 400 level, I'm pretty confident that most women would forgo that tat unless they've actually been to the dance. So, I was more than OK with it.
  • Finished off the week with 2 hrs on the trainer focusing on holding the aero position for 15-25' chunks. Do most of my OS riding on the hoods, so want to make sure my position is in race shape as well. Was able to push more wattage than last Sunday, but still nowhere near 80-85% ABP land. Managed to hit all of the Advanced IM wko's this week which doesn't happen often. Let's hope we can all stay in the groove for 10 more weeks!
  • HEre is my weekend report ....With the Temperature getting to a more reasonable level here in Ohio I was able to ride outside (it was very chilly but worth it!)

58 miles (3:08 hr). 1600ft gain - on Saturday averaging 70% FTP - wanted to do 4 hr but had to cut short as I was running out of SAUs...
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/457290651

40.5 miles (2:14 hr) 1950ft gain - today averaging 78% of FTP
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/458129524

4 mile run (31 min) 350ft gain - today (delayed from Sat)
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/458208117

Just to share with all of you my nutrition strategy for the 3 hr ride on Sat:
    -1 x 24 oz bottle of Perform (175 cal)
    -2 Gels (2x100 cal = 200 cal)
    -1 x 24oz bottle of "cocktail"
    Cocktail = 2 scoops carbopro+2 scoops EFS 1st endurance + water (2x100 + 2x96 = 392cal)
    -4 clif shot blocks (120 cal)
    Total = 175+200+392+120 = 887 cal for the ride or 296 cal/hr

This cocktail has worked very well for me in 3 ironman races and 4 halfs and was suggested by a coach/nutritionist. On race days I actually add 2 salt tabs per bottle too.

hope that helps

• Couldn't bear another long trainer ride, so took the ABP outside.  Got a little wet, but I like riding in rain (other than the fear of crashing).  Felt good, just tried to ride a little harder than was comfortable, and worked a little on the climbs (they're all short here in the "hill country" of south Texas, but some are steep.  3hrs, IF just around 0.8.  

http://app.strava.com/activities/119276150/analysis

• Great Work Everyone!!!

Got in run and 4hr ride Saturday and 3hr ride today. Rode a little harder than I should have yesterday and I might have paid for it. It's easy to think you can push yourself early in only to find out later that it wasn't such a good idea. 181NP IF .82.

My ABP ride today was tough. I was just a bit too tired from yesterday. Just more sore than usual. 180 NP IF .818 Wish I would have been able to push it a little more today.

Hope you all have a great Monday!!
  • ran for 40min then got on an indoor exercise bike for 30. trying to enjoy vacation. not doing a very good job…
    My bike is sitting in the corner of the room mocking me.
  • Wow!! Great job everyone.  A lot of solid work out there.  It's nice so see so much action.

@Tim- Thank you sooo much for your valuable input about your nutritional strategy.  I decided to give it a try for today's 3hr bike ride, and I must say that it was soo much better!!!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you! I rode 51.80 miles w/ 1,478 elev gain in 3 hrs. It started off a little cool (50F) at the beginning of my ride, and it warmed up to low 70's by the end, with steady Santa Ana winds the second half of the bike.  I consumed 350 calories of Perform in 36oz of liquid, plus 1 power bar (190 calories) for the whole 3 hr ride.  That breaks down to 180 calories/hr and 12oz of fluid/hr.  It seems kinda low, huh?  Well, my stomach was a lot happier this time around, although it gave me 2 warning signs via the burping and a slight regurgitation (sorry again for the TMI- Jeff).  If anything, perhaps my body was still telling me that it was just a tiny bit much... AND I even peed a tiny bit (prob 2 oz) at the half way point. I came home and had my normal appetite.  What are your thoughts?  I thinks it's certainly heading in the right direction.

@Tim- Also- What do you carry on your flask during the run if you're already stopping every mile to take in Perform?

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/458354861

@Joe L- If you enjoy hills, you'd definitely enjoy IM Lake Tahoe. Starting elevation is 6,200 and went up to 7,800.  It was 29F, and the warmest part of the day (literally) was the 64F water.  We had 8,100 ft of climbing and it has "the longest sustained climbed of any U.S. IM."  There were 30% of women in my AG who started the race and DNF, and 20% OA DNF rate, which is the 2nd highest in the history of IM. Let me tell ya'... I was just so happy that I finished. There were no Ironman Blues here. I don't do well at altitude... hence, why I went the polar opposite and chose TX.   My hubby enjoyed it so much, that he's doing it again this year.  

@SS-  Great job hanging in there through the cold temp and rain.  Sounds miserable.

@Mike- You're right about having to get our nutrition spot on.  I'm done putting in all of the training, only to start having it unravel after mi 6 of the run because of GI distress.  I'm gonna get it right this time.

@Chris- I hear ya about being tired for today's 3 hr bike.  I got my 4hr ride on Thurs, and I'm glad I did, because it zapped all my energy the next day and all I wanted to do was sleep. I rode the 3 hrs today because of the kids all day sports on Sat.

@Jimmy- Enjoy your vacation!  Do what you can but don't beat yourself up.  I went skiing for a whole week with the family and was feeling a little guilty that I did not train AT ALL. At the end of the day, I was able to jump right back into my training plan like nothing had happened.  This was 2 wks ago.

Geez, it does feel like a 5th discipline reporting back to this thread.  I think I'm going to make my replies a lot shorter from now on... but do know that I still love you all!