Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

New Mallorca Tri Camp April 2018 - Pricing Update Published

Comments

• Options
    oh shoot- was VERY interested in this camp for next year.  oh well, maybe 2019?

• Options
    EVERYONE - Update before you all go buying your flights (First day you can possibly buy a flight is 5/15).

• I will have final pricing for the camp by mid-June. They need to close out this year before they open next year. So I have to disclose that there might be some kind of increase. You are not locked in, etc, and 100% eligible for a refund...but I want to tell you that. 
    • This means if you want in, you should do the WaitList as some folks might drop out by mid-June.
    • If you are in regardless, we will be on the ground Saturday April 14th to Saturday April 21st. Camp runs Sunday to Friday. Most US flights are overnight. 
    • If you need to fly in a bit early for some reason, we can sort that out. 
    Also...
    • Some of you have expressed in interest in a PRE-CAMP mini-stop in Barcelona for 2-3 nights....if this includes you, please reply so I know. 
    That is all...please pass it on...thanks!

~ Coach P

• Options
    I am interested in a pre-camp or post-camp adventure of any sort, so count me in on that side of things!
  • Options
    +1 for the PRE-CAMP mini-stop in Barcelona or Madrid for 2-3 nights!!!
  • Options
    For those of you with partners not biking, what are they doing while you are out the biking each day?
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2017 6:19PM
    +1 for pre-camp in Madrid (I've only ever been to the airport, never to/in the city itself).
    I'll probably spend a few days post-camp in Mallorca with my other cycling peeps that I usually come to Spain with.

@Shaughn Simmons, it would help to know where the camp (is it Pollenca?) is taking place, which I've asked multiple times but still hasn't been answered.

In my experience, there's not much else to do in Pollenca besides shop at all the little beach shops and old town squares, eat, drink and sun yourself on the beaches (not that there's anything wrong with any of that!). There is some good hiking around the island, as well as some wineries too, but I've not ever done too much of that myself.
  • Options
    For those of you with partners not biking, what are they doing while you are out the biking each day?
    no idea, she'll be back in NY...  :'(
    there must be a spa or something on that end of the island, I would think... 
  • Options
    If there happens to be several with non - biking partners, one option to think about is to have them fly over on the back end of the camp, then take a few days after camp to build SAUs there, in Barcelona or elsewhere.....thoughts?
  • Options
    My wife, freshly retired from bodybuilding, just signed up for AZ70.3 and plans to join us on the ride. Does that have registration implications?
  • Options
    just saw this post on Slowtwitch with this pic... looks fookin epic!!!
    "I think it's a mecca for cyclists because the are lots of interesting roads, both climbing and flat, mostly decent road surfaces, and probably most of all, I've never seen anywhere else anywhere geared up for cyclists like it. Lots of bike hire and bike shops. It was a revelation to me, as it's more like a ski resort for bikes. Ie the cafes all have bikes propped up outside them, the hotels have bike rooms, and often on site bike shops. Add in perfect weather most of the year, lovely beaches, swimming in the med, and good food at reasonable prices and it's a winner. 

Is it the best place in the world just for climbing? Maybe not. But if you want to getaway and not have to worry about routes, spares, etc, it's perfect for a stress free cycling (and running and swimming) holiday. "
  • Options
    just saw this post on Slowtwitch with this pic... looks fookin epic!!!
    "I think it's a mecca for cyclists because the are lots of interesting roads, both climbing and flat, mostly decent road surfaces, and probably most of all, I've never seen anywhere else anywhere geared up for cyclists like it. Lots of bike hire and bike shops. It was a revelation to me, as it's more like a ski resort for bikes. Ie the cafes all have bikes propped up outside them, the hotels have bike rooms, and often on site bike shops. Add in perfect weather most of the year, lovely beaches, swimming in the med, and good food at reasonable prices and it's a winner. 

Is it the best place in the world just for climbing? Maybe not. But if you want to getaway and not have to worry about routes, spares, etc, it's perfect for a stress free cycling (and running and swimming) holiday. "
    That's Sa Colobra. You have a LOT of climbing to get to even the top before doing the descent (super fun), then you have to do the ascent to get out of there!

I arrive in Pollenca Mallorca on Thursday and we're supposed to do that route on Friday! 9+km at an average of 6% up. Took me 16mins to get down and 54 to get up afterwards! The route back to Pollenca is super fun too!
  • Options
    Sorry kids, head down working here...location will be out of the Pollenca or the Alcudia area...I promise, plenty of climbing!!!
  • Options
    Five days in...300 miles and 20kft of climbing! And I've still got three MASSIVE days left to go! 50/90/110.

I'm trying to sync all my rides to strava as we speak via tapirik for garmin connect/strava/trainingpeaks, but I don't know how much luck I'm having.
  • Options
    Deposit in!  I'm in for pre-camp if I'm chosen from waitlist.  Plan to bring Kandace who is active and interested in something somewhat less intense with other spouses, if possible.  Hope to see you all there.

Mike
  • Options
    My Mallorca 2017 camp is in the books!
    Camp totals for me:
    9 consecutive days of riding
    493 miles
    26,992 of climbing
    1718 tss

Spent 15 hours on the plane to get home after a 2 hour delay while trying to depart. I'm beat!
  • Options
    Sorry kids, head down working here...location will be out of the Pollenca or the Alcudia area...I promise, plenty of climbing!!!
    Personal preference, Puerto Pollenca: much more cyclist friendly than the tourist shop and autobus-dominated roads of Alcudia.
    NOTE: They're only 6 miles (if that) away from each other!
  • Options
    @Scott Alexander Can you share some pictures on the Facebook group!!!???!!!  Yes to Pollenca...that's where we are leaning!!!
  • Options
    @Scott Alexander Can you share some pictures on the Facebook group!!!???!!!  Yes to Pollenca...that's where we are leaning!!!
    Will do! I've got tons from the last 7 years.
  • Options
    Just looking to see if anyone is thinking about arriving a day or two early in Barcelona or staying later. The prices for flights seem to be a little cheaper leaving here Thursday and then leaving there on Sunday or Monday.
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2017 1:43AM
    For us school teachers out there.... um... looking forward to the details/pics, (I could only do this during a school break).. 
  • Options
    Any news Coach P?
  • Options
    Mike, almost. I have recruited a company to do the bike support, we are negotiating a price. And AFAIK we have the hotel confirmed...info likely right after July 4th!
  • Options
    Mike, almost. I have recruited a company to do the bike support, we are negotiating a price. And AFAIK we have the hotel confirmed...info likely right after July 4th!
    Fingers crossed for Puerto Pollensa!
  • Options
    Awesome Coach P!  Excited and looking forward to hearing more details...

• Options
    @Coach Patrick,

Are there any updates on this Camp?  This morning I saw ticket prices from DC drop from $1100 to $450 in the morning then go up to $750 in the afternoon.  I'm looking to purchase tickets soon.  Also, will I be ok arriving the afternoon of April 14 (departing on the 13th) with the Camp starting April 15?  Thanks.
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2017 10:00AM
    @Coach Patrick,

Are there any updates on this Camp?  This morning I saw ticket prices from DC drop from $1100 to $450 in the morning then go up to $750 in the afternoon.  I'm looking to purchase tickets soon.  Also, will I be ok arriving the afternoon of April 14 (departing on the 13th) with the Camp starting April 15?  Thanks.
    @Derrek Sanks- I had an exchange with P yesterday, he's hoping to finalize right after LP which is a big production for him. Some of us are also throwing arounx the idea of meeting in Barcleona for a few days before camp.

Where are you watching airfare to see these fluctuations?

• Options
    @Scott Dinhofer - Thanks.  I have an alert set up on Kayak.com and right now the best route is DC-->JFK-->MAD-->PMI...and prices are back to $450. 
  • Options
    For what it's worth August 21st is the beginning of the fall airfare rates for Europe.  I saw this on local news the other day as well.

http://www.farecompare.com/travel-advice/airfare-prices-expected-to-drop-10-20-for-late-august/
    http://www.farecompare.com/travel-advice/buy-cheapest-airline-tickets-summer/

• Options
    @Derrek Sanks I have the same Kayak alert!  Have seen the pricing out of D.C. drop twice in the past week from $980 to $454. Great prices out of IAD.  
  • Options
    What Travel Dates are you going to use?