Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

New Mallorca Tri Camp April 2018 - Pricing Update Published

12346»

Comments

• Options
    @Emily Brinkley
    Hey Emily I will need 1 night prior and 1 night after and my bud that filled a spot will also.  Each of us have our own rooms.  Let me know if you need anything from Jeff or I.  Thanks
  • Options
    @Trent Prough
    I've got you noted. 

UPDATE: If you've requested an early arrival or late check out, I have it noted. I'll be sending in my rooming list to the hotel next week at the latest. This will have your early arrival/later departure requests on there. I've had quite a few come in. My goal is to make sure you all get our group rate and everyone has a BED that needs one :) 

Last call for additional room night requests. Once I send the room list in, that's it. email me your request to emily@mile18inc.com so I have everything in one place. Thanks, y'alll! 

EB
  • Options
    Emily.....I think I need to stay one night after, so leaving early on 4/22.  Thanks!

• Options
    I still haven't booked my flight, but I'll stay thru Sunday 4/22 too!
  • Options
    @Stephanie Stevens inspired me to book my flight, so I did!

Wed 4/11:
    Depart DFW @ 3:55pm, arrive FRA @ 8:45am on Luft#439
    Depart FRA @ 10:20am, arrive PMI @ 12:25pm on Luft#1152

Sun 4/22 (this'll be a long day!)
    Depart PMI @ 12:10pm, arrive FRA @ 2:25pm on Luft#1159
    Depart FRA @ 5:15pm, arrive Chicago/ORD @ 7:20pm on Luft#432
    Depart Chicaco/ORD @ 9:32pm, arrive DFW @ 11:56pm on Luft#7470
  • Options
    Booked mine a few weeks ago -- Early morning but a short flight from Frankfurt-Hahn to Mallorca.  Ryanair arriving at 08:40.  
  • Options
    Has anybody a good resource for a Health Insurance Policy to cover this camp.  Our domestic policies are useless once we leave our borders I'm told.  Perhaps a group policy for our camp?
    Thoughts?
  • Options
    I’m totally in if a group policy is made available!!Tks for the heads up Dave!!!
  • Options
    If something happens to me that I need medical attention just tie a millstone around my neck and throw me into the Mediterranean 
  • Options
    Most major insurers automatically extend coverage when traveling abroad.  But "most" doesn't necessarily = yours, so it's worth a call or a review of your policy.  I've got BCBS, and it automatically extends coverage through BlueCard.  If non-emergency, just call the # on the back of the card and find a nearby qualifying provider.  If emergency, it'll likely be out-of-network and, thus, more expensive.  If you want an emergency plan that covers evacuation, it's like $20 for a week to add that to my BCBS policy.
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2018 5:35PM
    If something happens to me that I need medical attention just tie a millstone around my neck and throw me into the Mediterranean 
    Will do, brother!

@Dave Campbell Thanks for the reminder. Checked my Medicare Advantage coverage document..."We cover Emergency ($80 co-pay) and Urgent ($25 co-pay) anywhere in the world." I feel safe with that and my credit cards in a First World country.
  • Options
    Not health insurance per se, but I purchase separately a policy from Allianz to cover unforeseen and unfortunate events. At least I'd have my trip costs covered in that scenario.
  • Options
    OK, I found some Insurance from Travelex Insurance Services.  I just googled and found their site.  They offered many Policies from many insurance companies.  The one I purchased covered much more than just medical for $125.  Since my BCBS policy went from less than $200/mo to >$1100/mo over the past 5 years, I'm now just covered for catastrophic and have no International Coverage.  So, if you need some, its out there and not too expensive.  I'd recommend checking your current policy to see how you are covered.
  • Options
    OK, I found some Insurance from Travelex Insurance Services.  I just googled and found their site.  They offered many Policies from many insurance companies.  The one I purchased covered much more than just medical for $125.  Since my BCBS policy went from less than $200/mo to >$1100/mo over the past 5 years, I'm now just covered for catastrophic and have no International Coverage.  So, if you need some, its out there and not too expensive.  I'd recommend checking your current policy to see how you are covered.
    I buy Allianz all the time, almost every international trip. Luckily (knock on wood), I haven't actually needed to use it yet.