Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Hoff's Holiday Weight loss/Accountability Challenge - 2017

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, so that's not great.   Hopefully I can lose 9 lbs in the 6.5 weeks to get under 220.  
  • Options
    Weight is 181.8. Goal is 175.  
    that;s not a goal, that's a rounding error!
  • Options
    11/6/17 am reading - 185.8 pounds, 12.3% bf.
    Goal - under 12% bf.

I'm not as worried about my weight if my bf is under 12%. 12.3 % is lean for me relative to most of the last couple years, but I got down to 10.6% leading up to the Chicago marathon. But I don't want to sustain such low body fat in the "OUTseason" (and not sure if I should). No picture this morning, but I can get one tomorrow morning.

Thanks for setting this up @Scott Dinhofer !
    Please make this easy for me @Larry Peters - give me a goal weight in lbs

• Options

@M.S.Ironman - need a goal weight please 
  • Options
    219 which is 9 lbs to get me going into the Outseason
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2017 4:49PM

Im a fatty mcfatterton at 207.5 lbs. on September 1 I was 195.3 going into my HIM. I rolled into NYC Mary at 206.6. My target weight for this Kickstart is going to be 198.5. This is the start I need to get me moving in the right direction towards a 182-187 target for my 40 for 40 race - Austin Rattler Run 66k.
  • Options
    Here is the weight Loss challenge sheet
    note the instructions in the pic below - 
    the ONLY data for you to change is to enter your weight in the new space (on Monday's) in your column. Please don't change anyone else's data or any data below. 
    I will endeavor to take screen shots (unless there's a backtracking feature anyone knows of) on a regular basis.

Reminder that the punishments will be enforced!!!

• Options
    WTF?!? Since giving up casual carbohydrates on Tuesday, I'm only 0.5 pounds away from my target
     weight already. It's not dehydration either, as I've only done two easy runs the past two days.

Now I feel guilty for having what looks like a sandbagged target weight, and stupid for not eating right before the marathon and giving up a free 7-10 seconds per mile. The 7 pounds I've lost are the difference between an 11:02 pace (4:49:13) and a 10:52 pace (4:45:00)
  • Options
    @steve boer - stupid is as stupid does.. weight loss is EZ if you are discplined.. I had a charity event that sunk me with finger sized lobstah rolls & waffles, but i only ate 2 protein shakes all day b4 that, should be good going into monday, HTFU and be disciplined this weekend. 
  • Options
    @scottdinhofer had way more than lobster rolls and waffles that night FYI.  
  • Options
    I also was a charity event and couldn't resist the chicken wings, which lead to party pies, which led to ......
    You get the idea, and I was also going well.
    As Hoof said, I need to HTFU! Weigh in tomorrow.
  • Options
    New nickname - the Hoof.
  • Options
    New nickname - the Hoof.
    You did see his last two IM run times? Even more appropriate :wink:
  • Options
    I like it!  Let’s go. Hoof
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2017 1:24AM
    @Scott Dinhofer

The Hoofanator
    The Hoofmeister
    The Hoofinmouth

LOVE it!
  • Options
    161 this morning.
    But I can't edit the sheet. I have sent you a notification.
  • Options
    if anyone else has problems editing, send me a request via google.. 
    weigh in is tomorrow peter, unless you are a half day ahead..
  • Options

72.3 kg (159.4) . That's how much I "snack", because that's all I've stopped. Although I'm happy with my weight and am not targeting loosing any.... still secretly happy
  • Options
    I've updated the sheet, not sure if we need to update on here as well?   I'm on target: 121 Phew! 

• Options
    179.4.  Whew 
  • Options
    All I did was give up beer, rice, bread, pasta and Starbucks. I still don't know how it's possible to drop 11 pounds in one week
  • Options
    on track but it's gonna get harder from now on....only had one glass of wine and one beer last week, the goal this week is Zero or maybe just one glass of wine :-) 

• Options
    Down 1.5

• Options
    Made the 1st week cut.  I called it 2.5 to 238.5.  Nothing like @Steve Boer's loss and definitely not as clean as I would liked.  Moving to tracking food intake this week, defcon 4 and digging out the core diet plan for next week or later this week, moving my weight loss defcon 3.

• Options
    227!!!   Which i was pumped about until I saw that I needed to be down .3 more to be on track....   I'll have to get a picture next week as a picture was the last thing on my mind this morning.  
  • Options
    @ScottDinfoher
    It was Monday where I am (the other side of the world to you).
  • Options
    On one hand I was good: my wife wanted cupcakes from magnolia bakery to take to work tomorrow - I didn't buy a magic cookie bar for myself (myfitnesspal says 400 calories - i say thats way low - they taste like they have about 3 sticks of butter)

On the other hand i was bad: taglietelle, wine and bread with dinner. I guess i'll just have to say this was my one cheat day for the week.
  • Options
    11/6/17 am reading - 185.8 pounds, 12.3% bf.
    Goal - under 12% bf.

I'm not as worried about my weight if my bf is under 12%. 12.3 % is lean for me relative to most of the last couple years, but I got down to 10.6% leading up to the Chicago marathon. But I don't want to sustain such low body fat in the "OUTseason" (and not sure if I should). No picture this morning, but I can get one tomorrow morning.

Thanks for setting this up @Scott Dinhofer !
    Please make this easy for me @Larry Peters - give me a goal weight in lbs

Oops, ok @Scott Dinhofer ! Sorry about my delayed reply! I was not trying to make your life difficult, I promise!

Let's make it 184 pounds then. That sounds pretty light for me.
  • Options
    JohnStark said:
    Down 1.5

hopefully the FONT gets smaller as the weight melts off!  :#
  • Options
    great first week!!! we lost a collective 20lbs, half of it being @steve boer, Steve I challenge you to hold that and lose another 3lbs every week for remainder of the challenge. 

I went with my tried and true meal replacement vega sport protein shakes.. Glad to be having the group accountability here. 

still need postings from @Phillip Hays & @Larry Peters

@Gordon Cherwoniak - the core diet is good, but it's only designed for "normal" weight loss. what we are doing her is extreme, go protein, never feel hungry and have a huge calorie deficit, I want to see a skinny guy cheering us all at IMLP this year!