Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Eric DePoto Official Coach Thread

1235»

Comments

• Options

Hey CP, hope you're feeling good Kona (its just around the bend). Just an update, April has some set backs with her rehab and I have been out on deployment for the hurricane. Given that, I am not going to race this month. I am even on the fence on racing in December because my October is getting hectic and I have to take those "Money grabs" to help pay for Aprils med bills. I am going to sign up for a 1/2 marathon in Nov., its local. I may just have to write off this year and focus on next year. What are your thoughts?

• Options

Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches. Thank you for helping with the hurricane recovery, it’s hard-working folks like you that help and ordinary people get back on their feet again. I love the idea of training within your means right now both timewise and financially. Can I help you structure a program that can work in your schedule? Please give my best to Aprille and let me know if there’s anything that we as a team can do!

• Options

Coach, it means so much that you not only ask about April but offer your help, thank you. We are doing good, its just a long process. We went to a birthday party of a fellow triathlete last night and met another girl who wrecked 2 weeks ago. She too is going through rough times from her concussion. So we know its not just her, but the process. April knows she needs to stick to the rehab and be patient (something you have pushed and I subscribe to).

As far as me. I am going to shoot for a Nov. 1/2 marathon here locally. After this week I will have a few weeks here at home so I will be back on the bike more often.

Its just life right now. I know its temporary, but I know that if I don't get in anything this year. Next year could be big. At least that is the hope.

What are your thoughts on a plan for the next few months?

• Options

I like the idea of using our intermediate half marathon plan through November half and then run durability for a month of December until you pick up the L season on January 6 with the team.

The new running plans do you have a little bit more running in them, so feel free to ramp up a little slowly in the first week.