Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

2017 EN 8 Day Holiday Run Challenge

Comments

• Options
    Snowshoe Running was pretty frosty but Brenda Ross and I got in 4.2 km in -25C weather.  This marks the 57th day if our run Streak...I agree with Steve...no threshold running...
  • Options
    Stuck inside as it only made it up to +1° F here today. Fingers crossed that I ca get outside tomorrow. Forecast is for a high of 11° F
  • Options
    9 miles with 1 quicker than threshold so 10 points today for Team Texas
  • Options
    Jog with the dog.  I don't usually run every day so she is really enjoying this!  6.22 at 1 hour 13.  (how can such a little dog have such a big bladder!)
  • Options
    https://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/is-cold-weather-running-bad-for-you
    I had watched the movie Wind River so I was worried about you folks running in close to zero weather till I read this article from runners world.
  • Options
    Cold enough this morning (19F) for an extra point... 4 for Texas.
  • Options
    @Alicia Chase from the multiple times I have participated in this event I shied away from "hard" running to consistency. To me there lies the ability to get out the door for all 8 days with no off days.
  • Options
    Run #2 done today with my son this evening no change in temp just freaking cold. Was able to sneak in 5 miles doing a snow trail run!
  • Options
    4 mi. today mostly TRP, 15 deg. with near 0 windchill. Like everyone else, no hard running when it's this cold.
    Upside, one of my daughters got me some North Face gloves for Christmas, hands never cold this morning.
  • Options
    Had a hard time getting motivated.  Ended up with an hour on Zwift and a 2 mile on the dreadmill.  It was just too cold - mentally yesterday to get outside.  I'm going to give it a go this morning.  It's 0 without the wind.
  • Options
    There’s dedication and there’s stupidity. 1 mile, 2 pts  
  • Options
    4miles @18 degrees with my friend this morning. Some of y’all have some seriously cold weather, hats off to you!
  • Options
    Also 4 miles with a couple friends this morning for split run #1. I looked hard for a weather report below 32, but they were all 33 or 34, so no extra point. Hats off to y'all suffering in the extreme cold!
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2017 3:57PM
    @Alicia Chase, read that article from runner's world... it will crack you up!  anyway, we are still having a balmy 34 to 39 degree weather during my runs here in Austin.  I'm in the burbs so it is a little colder here than downtown but nothing like Cadyville!  God  Bless You!  and stay warm!
  • Options
    @Beeline, that's it one I say one mile girl. And you want to take on that weak Texan team:-) .Well your gonna have to pick it up a little to see the Steer' s a## of the Texan's:-) :-) :-) . Was able to get out this morning and run a 10 KM up north here in Hypothermaggen land a balmy -22 wind chill feels like -38. So no one here can ask about temp pts OK peeps.  Well that's it for today keep up the good work y'all ;-) 
  • Options
    It was 10 degrees here at the Jersey Shore this morning. I know it’s not as cold as Canada and upstate NY, but I’m still not going outside for a run. Keep the Point    :#
  • Options
    Aloha from Kaui.  I should get bonus points for running in the tropics.  It’s hot!  Got 4 in below threshold. 
  • Options
    IRobert Sabo said:
    It was 10 degrees here at the Jersey Shore this morning. I know it’s not as cold as Canada and upstate NY, but I’m still not going outside for a run. Keep the Point    :#
    I agree.  Maybe a bonus point or two if the temp is below 15 or something like that.  30 right now would seem like summer time!
  • Options
    It is -38C with windchill this morning here in Ottawa....I am searching for a buff before going to run outside....I’m thinking we Canadians need double points for unusually cold weather temps. Just saying.
  • Options
    Brick run for 3 miles today.  https://www.strava.com/activities/1330929585

Nice work everyone!

SS
  • Options
    Split run #2, 6 mile progression with 1 at threshold; 7 pts for Texas. 

I cant imagine those wind chills.! ❄️❄️❄️. I'm traveling to the northeast this weekend and debating what to do with my 12 miler planned for Saturday...dress for it, dreadmill, or do it tomorrow instead?!
  • Options
    Well we do call it a challenge so got in  a snap snappy cold 8 k'er this evening. Just trying to do my part for the sub 32 team!
  • Options
    @Patricia Rosen Great article, too funny. Just discussing with my chiropractor today that neither of us can stand running with our mouth covered. And my lungs have never frozen  :#@Steve Ross I know, pathetic. But, had to make the choice to live and fight another day. Tomorrow should be an 8-pointer.
  • Options
    Put in 5 miles in 21 (feel like 16) degrees this evening, all at Z1 pace = 6 points
    12/27 - 7 miles @TRP in 30 degrees = 8 pts
    12/26 - 5 miles @ TRP = 5 pts
    12/25 - 3 miles  = 3 pts

Great running everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2017 1:08AM
    only got in 1 mile today... (a little more than that) due to work... I'll get in more miles tomorrow....  and I work on the weekend too :(

temps?  a balmy 47 degrees
  • Options
    Might get a chance at cold enough weather on Sunday (photo from Austin Statesman)

• Options
    Another 3.2 at 20 degrees F this afternoon. Not as bad as yesterday, mostly because I wore thermals under my two shirts and two pairs of pants. Heading down to NC for the weekend and looking forward to running in 30 - 40F temps for a few days. Only one more day running in this wicked cold. 
  • Options
    Easy 3.1 mi. run at 19 deg. Looks like its going to warm a little for a couple days before the bottom falls out Sunday.
  • Options
    7.2 miles, 1:09, around 0°. 9 pts for Team Sub 32. Frostbite warning for exposed skin after 30 min, but I think I’m ok ☃️
  • Options
    @Alicia Chase. Excellent work for a Team Sub 32!  Meh what’s a little frost bite between team members.  I will be running outside later....still frosty -35C with wchill but once ya get going..not bad