Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

2017 EN 8 Day Holiday Run Challenge

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Well here we are 2018, "Happy New year Peeps"and last kick at the can day 8.Gotta say I miss the Badger boy in this yearly challenge. He and I did some crazy mileage pushing each other on.I took it easy yesterday do 2 mi + 1 for temp=3. Usually I end up doing a marathon somewhere in the challenge day's and today was the day. I call this a Westy after teammate Steve West. So up and at early this morning for a Treadmill marathon. Yup you heard right. I wanted to bring 2018 with a bang and see how my legs held up to some hard terrain running this past week. I also wanted to not run sub freeze my azz off run today! I will. try and post a pic here but I fail alot at that. I put my last day stat up already. But here is the total of today's NonWatopia marathon. Stats/pics are up on stava to show today's progression. 

26 mi=26pts
    Time=4pts
    Bonus all 8 days=5
    Total = 35 smackers:-) :-$ :-) 
    This ends the 8 day Odyssey thxs everybody for playing along and thumbs up to the Sub 32 team for the final push over the weekend,Bravo Zulu to all!

• Options
    edited January 1, 2018 9:22PM
    Huge day @Steve Ross ! Major EN Props for really rising to the Challenge! I did our local 10k Resolution Run. It’s been going on for over 10 years. Despite all the dire warnings about immediate frostbite risk to exposed skin, it was actually warmer than some of the runs I’ve done this week. And, we saw two bald eagles along Lake Champlain. Very cool. 8 points for the day (I circled the parking lot a few times to get an hour), and 5 bonus pts for running all 8 days! Nice work, team!
  • Options
    Great reports coming in for New Year's Day!

4 miles for me with 1 a threshold pace plus, it was 25 degrees....

https://www.strava.com/activities/1336563639

6 points for Team Texas.....

SS
  • Options
    Finished up with an outdoor run. Five plus easy miles, an hour, 21 degrees. Very impressive efforts up north. Hope my modest contributions can help overcome the mechanical effort of @Steve Ross
  • Options
    got 6.25 miles in today after a snooze following those ER shifts...  Burned up enough for at least one of these seasonal favorites with my Latte!  Note:  30 degrees so 1 extra point for below 32 degrees and 1 point for more than an hour.  (25 degrees with windchill factored in...  loved it!)  thank you all for creating this challenge!  Great fun!  And now... it's time for black eyed peas, cabbage and potatoes...  Happy  New Year!!!

• Options
    P.S.:  @Steve Ross you really kicked it in!  Wow! 
    Hurrah Team Texas!  Steve Ross and team sub 32 just were all over this but Texas peeps came darn close!  @Shaughn Simmons, thanks for doing all this calculating thing.  This has been great fun!  and I hope I see you all out there sometime soon!  good luck at Boston, @Steve Ross, (I think you're doing that one this year).  You will be ready regardless of the weather :)

• Options
    @Patricia Rosen no Boston in 2018 qualified 2019. But I am doing a marathon in April called "The cheap Marathon" cost me a buck a mile $26.20 in Salisbury Mass!
  • Options
    I ended with a 5.5 mile TRP run today in 21 degrees (feel like 9 degrees). My Garmin turned off and back on at mile 5...I think it was too cold because the display was slowly changing numbers. 
  • Options
    Great running everyone!  I finished with 2 miles and had a few long runs in the challenge.  I also had a bunch of biking.  Had fun. 
  • Options

Any points for swimming in below 32 degrees?

• Options
    Team Lustigman had the most points per team member!

good job!