Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

2017 EN 8 Day Holiday Run Challenge

Comments

• Options
    Got a quick 3 in with 1mile sub threshold. Great job everyone 
  • Options
    Got 4 in, 3 below threshold pace in the Kaui rain. No bonus points for 70 degrees. 
  • Options
    @Cheryl Turpin Agreed. Between the sun and the wind and the cold, I gave up on my face a long time ago  :# And, once you get going, really not bad. Other than (a little) my hands and face, I’ve haven’t been cold, yet.
  • Options
    Just 2.7 miles today, around 19F out there. Tomorrow’s run will be in NC and I am so looking forward to warm above freezing temps! 
  • Options
    OK, here's the story...  did 10.12 miles in 1:49.  Ran with Philly the Rescue Russel... She loved it!  Saw many Loons on Lady Bird Lake, swans with some new babies, lots of ducks, several scullers and paddlers, a release of small parachutes as part of a memorial, many cyclists and several folks taking pictures of themselves with the Stevie Ray Vaughn statue.  Many dogs and many joggers.  It was beautiful!  47 degrees...  I love my city :)
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2017 2:53AM
    10 miles in 1:16 in 27 degrees. Good run but froze my butt off.
  • Options
    10 miles in 1:16 in 27 degrees. Good run but froze my but off.
    Where do you live?  Did you wear a scarf?
  • Options
    Nice work getting things done today peeps. Was able to get out in Hypothermaddon and poke out a half marathon. Was sweaty wet towards the end so I started to get the"chills". Well were inton the back end of this challenge. For my sub 32 teammates try and go that little extra this weekend and pick up a point or two extra that you might not have done. As for the rest of yazz well keep up the good work and challenge yourselves as well ! Winters coming and I think it is here, cheers
  • Options
    The “extra points option” is coming to west Texas. From now on, if I’m outside, I’m scoring extra points. Easing back to hip abductor health means getting my points for Team Texas with consistent 3 mi runs (with a Zn3 cap), but I should be able to scratch out an extra point or two in response to Team Sub32’s feats of superhuman performance. There’s a reason that I started my triathlon career in the Northeast and now live closer to the equator ;-)
  • Options
    3 mi. brick after a 90' bike in a balmy 28 deg. Worked on finding my sweetspot before the JOS starts.
  • Options
    So much great running and running conversation going on! My excuse for filling up that log is the Disney Marathon on 1/7!
    It was in the 50's today in Florida and I had to wear a long sleeve running shirt.  No extra points for that : /
  • Options
    Is @Steve Ross counting points per KM? His numbers are crazy but he's crazy for running outside in that brutally cold weather.
    Nice work everyone.
  • Options
    Nope he is in my group, trying for a spring marathon.  I can attest to the miles he has logged....today Brenda Ross snowshoe ran while Steve just plain ran he frozen butt of!  Brenda and I finished Day 60 of a separate 60 day Run Challenge....yet we will do 2 more to finish this challenge

• Options
    1.6 miles today.   60 degrees and night shift tonight and tomorrow night ...   if I get a run in tomorrow it will be a miracle....  however this run challenge has really been motivating
  • Options
    13.2 miles (it said it was a half marathon but I am going with my watch here) on the trails in NC. No temp points, it was 52 degrees (yay) at the finish but the run took 2.5 hours. Sooooo much sand! Very pretty and a nice breaj from freezing weather runs. 
  • Options
    7 mile run late for Dallas Texas at 31 degrees and 25 degree windchill (summer time temps for those Canadians)

https://www.strava.com/activities/1333773704

9 points total.

SS
  • Options
    Another 4 below threshold - thought I was being chased by an imaginary dragon named Puff - as I’m in Hanalei. 

• Options
    Well I ran a chilly 10km today with a snowshoe group trail run. I was the only one without snowhoes makes it harder by the way,
    This is a run challenge to me not just another place to log daily miles of my normal trg week. I have upped the ante this week to sorta speak. Here is my daily breakdown since I started. All runs are on strava for your viewing. 
    Monday 8 pts- 6mi(6pts)Temp F(1pt)Time +1hr(1pt)
    Tuesday 15 pts-12mi(12pts)Temp F(1pt)Time +2hrs(2pts)
    Wednesday 17 pts-2 run day am/pm 9 mi/5mi(14pts)Temp F(2pt)Time+ 1hr(1pt)
    Thursday 14 pts-2 run day am/pm 6mi/5mi(11pts)Temp F(2pt)Time+1hr(1pt)
    Friday 16 pts-13mi(13pts)Temp F(1pt)Time+ 2hrs(2pts)
    Saturday 8 pts-6mi(6pts)Temp F(1pt)Time+1hr(1pt)
    The runs are not mammoth any stretch of the imagination but the bitter cold and heaps of sidewalk snow are keeping me in check not to burnout. That said the run on a trail full of snow has taken a toll,ugg! I gottaget up tomorrow and repeat. Well it will be Sunday so put on your best run kit and give er eh!

• Options
    2 easy miles for me today and yesterday and NOT in cold weather
  • Options
    6.5 mi. today in 21 deg. Not too bad as long as the wind wasn't blowing.    8.5 pts.
  • Options
    You sub 32ers are truly badass! My New Hampshire layover turned into a Tampa layover after delays, so I ran my 12 in temps 50 degrees warmer than planned! Easy peasy. And another 6 this morning with 3 faster miles thrown in. 

Happy New Year, EN peeps!
  • Options
    you all are awesome!  I have to go to sleep after working all night...  :(  but I hope to get in something before my shift this evening...  It will likely be way below 32 up here in Killeen, Tx...  For sure Monday will be good for a run, but I brought my shoes up here just in case !
  • Options
    8 miles with last one faster than threshold and over one hour - 10 points for Team Texas
  • Options
    BIG work all!

8 mile, sub 30 degrees, > 1 hour = 10 more points for TX.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1335030832

SS
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2017 8:18PM
    3 mi yesterday, 4 mi today, both sub 0 with windchill, so 9 pts total. Today, I really pushed the limit on the “10 min of exposed skin” frostbite warning, the wind was brutal. Tomorrow is our local annual Resolution 10k Run.
  • Options
    A slower six in paradise.  Got 2 in under threshold.  Beautiful am. 9 points with the hour bonus 

• Options
    A short 2 this morning to finish things off in a brisk 12 deg. Fortunately no wind!

Happy 2018 all!
  • Options
    @Mark Lane Nice work out there!

All, I wrote a formula in the tracking spreadsheet to auto sum the team amounts to the right of the sheet.....

Good luck out there today and Happy New Year!!

SS

• Options
    Got a 4 mile under threshold for my final run in the challenge and in paradise.  Wore EN this am. Happy 2018 all.