Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Hoff's Holiday Weight loss/Accountability Challenge - 2017

1235»

Comments

• Options

@Scott Dinhofer- Cool pic of Babbit/Reilly .  I had the opportunity to meet and chat with Babbit at the finishline UMWC a couple weeks ago.
    his exuberance is incredible! Especially with a few drinks. He actually came up with a place for us all to eat "Ironbar" no joke!
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2017 10:37PM
    @Scott Dinhofer , sorry to disappoint! ;) I am only 34 yo, so it should be way easier for me to stay lean than a 50 yo, right? But I"m honestly not even below 12% body fat. So relative to plenty of people on the team, I am a bit thicker. Its all relative.

I am exactly 2 pounds over my intermediate weigh-in. I am NOT *more* than 2 pounds over. So I think I'm technically safe this week :).

Wow, thanks for the info @Shaughn Simmons ! For me, getting down to 10.6% for the Chicago marathon was ridiculous (but I was also stressed from work, so I don't know how much of the general malaise was that and was me being so low on my bf). I' m hoping to stay between 11.5-11.8% during the OS, so getting down below 11% isn't so much work for the season. I'm impressed that you swing 5%!!!
  • Options
    i weighed in at 120.4 lbs this morning.  I am still maintaining!  It's getting harder the close to Christmas we are getting (there is an awful lot of chocolate and goodies about in the shops!).   I'm very thankful to this weight accountability program. I have no doubt I would have put on a few pounds by now, and then a few more over Christmas.   Being "accountable" is making a lot of difference :)
  • Options
    155 this morning, down 2.6 since last week.
  • Options
    Down 2lbs more to 232, but still slightly in the red.  My big problem was my birthday.  My 76 year old mother baked me a cake with icing sugar.  I had two pieces along with the family meal.  Saturday my brother took me out for a few (5) drinks.  This sidetracked what would have been a great weight loss week but I can't complain.

All I have to do now if kick in the final push to the 22nd.  I'm still looking for the big week where I put it all together for 7 days so I guess this week is the one as it's the last full week of the challenge. Looking for 4lb loss this week to get me to 228.
  • Options
    Just barely missed the +2 pound penalty again...still below target weight and trending lower, but need to find the discipline to cut out the bread and beer (again) to really get my lows to stick. 
  • Options
    I am barely hanging on here.. 
    @Sanaa Cody - need the last two weeks updated OR a pic on the dashboard  :p
    @Phillip Hays - need the last 2 weeks updated, or a pic on the dashboard  :/
    @M.S.Ironman - last 2 weeks data or pic on the dashboard  :D
    @JohnStark - entry for this week please  B)

this ONLY works if you keep adding content!!!! good or bad!
  • Options
    Oh I also forgot to mention the belt did come in to it's final notch.  It's pretty tight but I have the new belt waiting.  This might be for the start of the OS but I've had it since before Lake Placid 2017. 

I'm also contracted some sinus/sickness and will be standing down for a day or two.  It seems I still have my appetite so I'll need to watch the calories while recovering. 
  • Options
    Sorry I've been in crisis mode...updated the sheet and looks like I owe you a shame photo :-( How's everyoe else knocking it out of the park?!? I'm happy at least I'm not gaining!!

• Options
    I posted my weight. This past Monday was a good/light reading. But I had a work Christmas potluck Tuesday 12/12 and ate a ton of delicious (and plenty of unhealthy) food. I felt like I had burned it all off by the evening, but my numbers in the 3 days since have been awful. I have to cut seriously by Monday or I'm going to be in trouble!

I tried to cut last night & spent 20 minutes of my 40 minute run in a strong calorie deficit and then ate what I thought was a light dinner. But my numbers this morning were crappy too. Ugh!

Hopefully I can cut some more by Monday.

Thanks for hounding us all @Scott Dinhofer ! It definitely helps keep me motivated.
  • Options
    down 0.7 this week, and am still under target. I'll post a picture of the scales next week.
  • Options
    Dedicated this week and I'm down 3lbs to 229.  Not saying I'm going to coast in to the finish but it certainly takes some pressure off as I've been in the red for a few weeks. 
  • Options
    Nice work @Peter Greagg and @Gordon Cherwoniak !

I was really worried last week, but I managed to get down close to target weight for today. My weights: 
    • Mon 12/11 - 183.4
    • Tue 189.2
    • Wed 186.8
    • Thur 187.4
    • Fri 188.4
    • Sat 186.6
    • Sun 187.2
    • Mon (today) 184.4

I swear I didn't do anything special on these Monday mornings, I just worked out a ton & didn't each much on both Sundays. In terms of my average weight for the week, this past one was definitely my worst! But I think I'm off to a good start this week and we don't have a work potluck this week! :)

I think part of it was shifted sleep/wake cycle some days & water weight.
  • Options
    @Larry Peters yeah, I notice my weight goes up and down through the week for no reason I can discern.
    I suppose that's why we report our weight on a specific day each week so we get the weekly change.
  • Options
    I believe today is the Final weigh-in and photo of the scales? I came in at 119.3lbs (54.1kg). My target was to maintain weight at 121lbs, but to be under is no bad thing as I feel great, so I am very happy.

Thanks @Scott Dinhofer for running this challenge.  Being accountable was just the motivation I needed to stop me from having a food blow-out at this time of the year.   I hope you run it again next year.

I hope everyone else has found it good and also been successful and met your goals?

I hope you all have a great Christmas!...and I expect I'll be chatting to some of you soon in the January Outseason.

• Options
    Got sidetracked on this one by my kid this morning but here to report a 227.5 so 0.5 under my goal weight.  Now the task is to stay on target for the next week and then reset for more losing after January 2nd in to the OS.  I'd be ecstatic to come in to the JOS at 225 given that's what i raced at last years IM. 

Further goals is a minimum 14lbs over the OS but my real target us sub 200 by the end.  Typically I can manage in the OS on 1-2lbs loss and if I lock in to my core diet program for 2-4 weeks it could be even more.  After that window I usually need to back off or I tend to break, eating and or missing workouts because I'm tired. 

The final goal is to race Calgary 70.3 sub 190 lbs and again I'll look at a more aggressive target should the aforementioned more aggressive goals are met for the OS.  That is 185 or less for the July 29th is not out of the realm of possibilities should I keep on track.  So it's out there now I just have to follow through.
  • Options
    @Gordon Cherwoniak - fantastic progress!  Way to lead!

• Options
    Lots of people putting in the effort here, and its great. Obviously we all joined this to have a goal and kickstart the loss. My early in the contest numbers were wacky, but I feel like i've been progressing a lot. Just the continued comments from coworkers about how they can tell i've lost weight.

The real hard part starts once this contest ends - my next race is April 1, and i've got a realistic goal (185-187) as well as a pipe dream goal (182-185). Woke up at 193 this AM, which I havent done since sept 27. 
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2017 9:13PM
    Final weigh in, 153Ibs (69.4kgs). So happy to have done this challenge, I honestly didn't think Id be loosing weight but would have been happy to maintain, I've changed my eating habits for the better & am going into Christmas with the best body comp Ive had for years. I haven't lost any power on the bike which is a bonus as i was worried that loosing weight would mean a drop in power but I think I've lost it on the right way, I've not cut carbs oe anything like that for my main meals which means I still have plenty of energy for my workouts but Im not snacking on crap in between. Echoing the above, thanks for running this @Scott Dinhofer, good work @Gordon Cherwoniak @Steve Boer & Abbey ( it helps having someone at home who is also invested). Hope everyone else has gained something positive out of this challenge. Happy christmas everyone.
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2017 12:50AM
    70.4 and under my target of 157 and change. 70.4 is 155.2 in pounds.
    Thanks to @ScottDinhofer and the other Peeps to keep in on the reservation
  • Options
    I made it! Congrats to everyone who hit their goals and/or made progress, & big thanks to @Scott Dinhofer for organizing! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone!