Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Texas

2015 TX IM how's it going!

14567810»

Comments

• That might be true but all who attended camp will be up on everyone when it rains. FYI. I have arrived putting bike together.
  • Mostly moved, bike packed, bags packed.  Let the freaking out begin.

Leaving Lagos on Tuesday, unless the fuel shortage prevents flights from taking off.  Wish me luck and see you guys soon.

• Good luck and safe travels!
  • Question: do I put my bike shoes on at T1 tent? I don't do the "jump on bike and put shoes on while biking". Or is it hard to walk in shoes when going to bike and better to put them on at bike?
  • I am hanging my shoes on the pedals and putting them on while riding because I always do that. My shoes will never leave the pedals except maybe at aid stations.

If you don't do that, I'd say minimize the shoe walking. Definitely wait till you get to your bike. Probably put them on there and walk your bike in them. I just can't imagine juggling your bike while putting on shoes at the mount line
  • I would rather dry my feet with towel and put shoes on in tent. Is that bad?
  • Probably not bad. Just be careful when walking in bike shoes since they can be slick. And you can pull a muscle doing the duck walk. Those are my biggest worries.
  • I put mine on in the tent and jog slowly to my bike... I've seen some horrendous crashes as people try to do flying dismounts with shoes on pedals. I've seen people lose a shoe before the mount line.... And almost been hit by people worried about closing their shoes up.It's just one less thing to worry about. Unless you're a elite cyclist IMO you have no business trying to mount with the shoes on the pedals.
  • I always put on bike shores at the mount line.    lean bike against fence.     walking/running in bike shoes is injury waiting to happen.

except this race shoes will already be on pedals.

• Like Ed said, it's much safer to put on in tent, no time saved not to mention toes??. With that being that being said keep them on into T2. Bike rack is on grass but Concrete will be hot where bags are ( matts or not ) and the last thing you want is hot spots on the bottom of feet that turn into blisters, how ever socks are the alternative.
  • Ron's got a good point about t2. Last year I volunteered at the finish line and a ton of people complained about hot cement leading to t2.
  • Hey team, I hate to back out at last minute but I won't be at the dinner Wednesday, I have a family commitment that I need to attend. I will see you Thursday morning.
  • Racing In the Rain video Link by Coach P:

http://members.endurancenation.us/Resources/Wiki/tabid/91/Default.aspx?topic=Racing+in+the+Rain

It's more aimed at racing in the cold and rain, but still some good pointers in there for us and our potential weekend...
  • Hey all, since "group me" isn't up and running yet, what time do you think it would be good to meet up for a pre-race picture? Prior to 5:30? I'm thinking most people (especially you fast cats) will want to be getting in line for the swim after you get to north shore, so I'm thinking that prior to transition opening might be a good idea, at Town Green (transition). What are your thoughts?
  • If anyone is interested in heading to Woodlane Blvd for a few laps on the bike this afternoon let me know. We'll probably head that way between 1 and 2.
  • I got in town yesterday (day early)... Ron an I have plans to drive up to Richards to do 30 if the weather holds... Fall back plan is woodlane. What are our plans for team lunch/dinner?
  • Sounds good Ed. Team dinner is tonight at the black walnut at 6. Nothing ever really materialized for team lunch after 4-keys tomorrow. I can give you guys a recommendation for a restraunt, but I'll have to go after 4-keys.
  • Be careful if you're going up to Richards/Dobbin to ride. I've heard rumors of flooding on some roads. I saw a video that freaked me out. Not sure if it was real but there was about a 1/4 mile wide river of water running over 1488, enough to wash the road out. I hate to spread rumors because I haven't confirmed the reports of flooding. I'd just hate for you to get to the end of your 30 and have to turn around and make it 60. Recon your route before getting on the bike.
  • Did 4.5 mile loop at woodlane for 1 hr. Peaceful. Would highly suggest.
  • Sorry for the rumors. As of now, there is no standing water on any roads and there is no concern about the flooding roads...as of now.

Also, fyi, the water temp is 77 degrees.