Options

Official Zwift Thread [Updated Instructions Inside]

Comments

• Options
    I am in.  
  • Options
    I'm in.  Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Will there be an announcement on what course we are riding?
  • Options
    @William Bejin London 8.  Choose jersey "Basic 5".
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2017 6:04PM
    I'm in!  Good thing I started on the tech earlier this week.... yeesh. :#   It will be my first Zwift and first "real" ride since coming off of the IR list. SO EXCITED!  Goal is to last more than 15'.   o:)
  • Options
    0600 Sunday morn in the Pacific Time Zone ain't gonna happen. I love EN, but not as much as sleep and Sunday morning swims @ 0800 with my wife. Happy trails,  Zwifters
  • Options
    I'm planning on riding this Sunday.  Welcome  @Jenn Edwards !

@Coach Patrick - Usually, I start with the 5:30 rollout on the ODZentury and try to do the entire ride.  However, this is not required, and dropping in/out of the ride is common.  So... since the EN ride starts right at the completion time, I will probably use this as an excuse to get a few extra winks of sleep, ride the last half of ODZ and maybe catch the first hour or so of the EN ride.  Unfortunately, the routes are different, so I will have to log out, and back in to change courses (or just pay close attention to the turns).

As background, the ODZ ride is one I did pretty much weekly last season.  As first I couldn't keep up for the entire 100k and was getting dropped about 2 hours in, and then I broke through and made it, and then I was tacking on miles to the ride later in the season.  For me, it lines up very well for level of difficulty, time, schedule and reliability.  Highly recommended.
  • Options
    I plan on riding. I will also ride beforefuneral group ridr and will likely do the Ottawa TopSpeed Race (37 mi/59.6 km)
    Route:London 8

that starts at 6:20AM Central. That should get me done with time to take a quick break before the group ride.  If you haven't tried a race, I highly recommend them.  Tough but fun. 

See you on Sunday!
  • Options
    I am in!! I'm not speedy like you guys as of yet (Category C rider). I can hang on with you guys for but so long until my body tells me slow it on down so I can finish the ride with my legs intact for my run afterwards, so anyone who is Category C or D rider feel to hang around with me. We can push and pull each other until we can hopefully one day hang on the wheels of the Category A folks haha.
  • Options
    I will be riding outdoors today post my long run.  Have fun all.  @maurice matthews it was fun riding with you for a bit last week!  
  • Options
    I will be riding outdoors today post my long run.  Have fun all.  @maurice matthews it was fun riding with you for a bit last week!  
    My plan also. Run done; now waiting for the temp to go over 50F to ride on this strangely rain-free day. Things have gotten so bad, the NOAA forecaster this AM did his discussion in rhyme.
  • Options
    I am interested in doing the Sunday ABP ride this Easter Sunday 16-APR if there is interest. The course will be Watopia, and my suggestion would be to do 2 laps of Watopia's "Figure 8" route which is 29.8 km (London 8 is 20.2 km). Watopia’s “Figure 8” route covers the entire hilly (not the mountain) and flat courses in both directions.  1 lap is approximately 1 hour.

• Options
    Gotta love this: https://www.wsj.com/articles/confessions-of-a-zwift-addict-1492092413   Oh and that my husband commented on the article about me, logged in AS me. Yeesh, now the WSJ will think I'm an enginerd.  #HusbandFail  
  • Options
    I think I will ride this Sunday Brian.
  • Options
    Per the GroupMe I am unable to do this Sunday.  I was planning to ride outside on Saturday but could be convinced to stay in if others will be there...thoughts?
  • Options
    I'm willing to ride Saturday or Sunday.  
  • Options
    I am still planning on Sunday at 9:00 AM. I will post some details later today. It sounds like there is interest from enough people. 
  • Options
    OK, For those in tomorrow 9:00 AM Eastern Time Sunday 16-April.  Let's do 2 loops of the Watopia's Figure 8.

0’ to 15’ @ 2.0 W/KG

15’ to 30’ @ 2.3 W/KG

30’ to 45’ @ 2.6 W/KG

45’ to 60’ @ 2.9 W/KG

60’ and Beyond...your choice of W/kg as determined by the group and texting!

• Options
    Thanks for setting us up Brian!

I'll be there and do the best I can for up to 90'   ......tired legs and a Sunday P.M. run.....

SS
  • Options
    Sweet, thanks Brian.  I'm in.  Stupid question: How do I make sure I am on the correct course - "Watopia's Figure 8"?  FUN!  
  • Options
    @Jenn Edwards After youn pair everthing you will go to this screen and select "Figure 8"

• Options
    Hello all, I may try to join...all depends on how long the Easter Bunny stuff lasts at our house. With a 4 and 6 year old....it could be chaos! On the other hand, they may already be in a chocolate comatose which means I have plenty of time for cycling!! I did a long ride today so would I only hang for and hour or so....do people drop at different times?
  • Options
    Yes Dawn. Drop off when your done. Hope to see you, but if not, we know why. 
  • Options
    Great ride yesterday.  Lots of strong/steady peeps pushing each other after the one hour mark.  This is a perfect way to push tired biking legs at the end of the week!

https://www.strava.com/activities/944851755

SS
  • Options
    @Shaughn Simmons I love the HR chart in your Strava file, because it is in line with how that ride starts easy and keeps climbing until you reach a effort where you are pushing yourself but having fun at the same time.

Without you all. I may not have risen to that effort(I was at 90%) and I certainly would not have worked that hard for the last 30 minutes. My goal will be to stretch that last intensity a little longer each weak and maybe even get to dial it up a click. 

On another note, today it came to my attention that my trip to BRC camp is not this Wednesday, rather it is a week from Wednesday. Therefore, I am in for this upcoming Sunday. 
  • Options
    I am in for this Sunday.  The course is Watopia on Sunday, so there are a few options.  The "figure 8" course seemed to work well.  I think the mountain may make it difficult to hold the ABP watts if you are paired with a smart trainer.  We could try one of the volcano routes, but to go up the volcano everyone needs to know how to turn (it's easy!).

Let me know what you guys think ans who is in!  
  • Options
    Dumb question on this, but do I need a smart trainer or will my dumb cycle ops work? 
  • Options
    For this Sunday (tomorrow) 23-April we will do Watopia's "Figure 8" again at 9:00 AM Eastern Time. Please read the instructions at the top of the forum if you are new to the awesome Endurance Nation Sunday Zwift ABP Ride!  Please be ready to go at 8:55.  Select the Basic 5 Jersey if you can.

0-15' = 2.0 W/Kg
    15-30' = 2.3 W/KG
    30-45' = 2.6 W/KG
    45'-60' = 3.0 W/KG

60’ and Beyond...your choice of W/kg as determined by the group and texting!
  • Options
    Another great ride today team!!! Thanks so much!!  I am putting the instructions into the Bike Wiki so that they will live on forever...really excited to have this be part of the Endurance Nation experience!