Home General Training Discussions
Options

Official Zwift Thread [Updated Instructions Inside]

Comments

• Options
    Classic Picture!  Great looking team and great ride!
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2017 1:29PM
    Hey all, I will not be there this Sunday as I will be in Boone, North Carolina concluding the EN Blue Ridge Camp.  I will be back the following Sunday.

One idea I thinking of...  I know some East Coast peeps would like to start earlier.  I also know that I plan on stretching to 3 hours as I get into IM build.  Maybe we can figure a way to start early (say one hour), but then be at the start at 9:00 and  meet up with the official ride.

Also, we've had some brief discussions about racing in Zwift.  Here are some tips I found that may be helpful.

http://zwiftblog.com/5-advanced-zwift-racing-tips/

• Options
    edited April 26, 2017 11:06AM
    I'm game for earlier this Sunday if anyone else is riding!  Edit:   Game for REGULAR time OR earlier.  Just wanna ride...
  • Options
    Team, I'll be out this Sunday - racing the Texasman X50.......will be channeling EN ZWIFT ABP team at the same time!

SS
  • Options
    I'll can ride Sunday and can start earlier or at the normal time.  I just finished IM Texas so won't  be pushing much over 3 w/kg (200 watts). Looking forward to it.  
  • Options
    I'm asking the team to take a moment during the beginning of your ride and channel some mojo to KMF man on Sunday.........I'll need it!
  • Options
    I've been wanting to try out this Zwift for quite a while.  I'm kind of SCARED though:-)
    Does it work with the KickR and Trainer Road?  I haven't looked at the instructions yet, but wanted to make sure
    I can use my KickR with it.  I will get Turby on it too!!  (not KickR though).  

• Options
    Im in for Sunday.  I would love to start earlier but will do what the majority wants.
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2017 2:48PM
    I think we have our leaders for Sunday - Tim Sullivan, Jenn Edwards and Tom Box!  BAM!  Keep it real guys!

SS

P.S.  - watch out for Edwards, she is sneaky strong!
  • Options
    9 EST or should we do maybe 8 EST?
  • Options
    I'm game for either Tom - I'll plan for 9 EST unless told otherwise.  8 EST, 7 EST, 6 EST all fine... 
  • Options
    @carol_defazio !  COME!   But my advice: give it a good test ride first.... 
  • Options
    I'll probably be on board this week, since storms are predicted from tonight through Monday...

Either time is good for me.
  • Options
    Looks like the course is London 8 for tomorrow.  How about 8 EST?
  • Options
    Let's start at 8 Eastern tomorrow (it looks like everyone is good with the earlier time)

Like Tom said above Please pick the "London 8" course from the drop down menu

Please Put on the Basic 5 kit and have TeamEN in your name. 

If someone wants to join after the start you can always start with one of us by searching for our name

Sound good?  See you tomorrow!
  • Options
    I am just starting with Zwift.  I am riding the London course.  Why is it I am going through walls and tress and fences?  Shouldn't this look like a bike course?
  • Options
    Who's in the line up this Sunday?
  • Options
    I can't this week (my Grandson's First Holy Communion), but hoping by next weekend to figure out how to get rid of the walls and fences and trees I'm riding through:-)  (Thanks Jenn!)   I think my computer may be too old?  I tried to install new drivers, but that didn't seem to do anything.  Ugh
  • Options
    @carol_defazio - good luck with that! Make sure your wifi is strong too...or use an ethernet cable as a "hardwire" so there's no interference!
  • Options
    I'm in this week.  Wouldn't mind starting an hour earlier (8AM Eastern) like we did last week, but either time works for me.  
  • Options
    I'm out.  Indy 1/2 mary.  On the drop out issue, I have a mac and the 'time machine' back-up is a BIG problem for me.  If shut the mac off - no drop outs.  Other option is to use blue tooth connectivity (if your pm is capable)
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2017 3:21PM
    Hey everyone!  There was an update in Zwift today!  There are a few cool new features on course selection.  Also, they are going to try an let you use your power meter to control your smart trainer in erg mode (for workout mode).  I am not sure how many of you use the workout mode, but this is a good feature for those who like to be consistent with the same power meter source inside and out.  Also, they mention that the London course expansion will be soon!  You can see all of the updates here .

On another note....  I am going to be out of the ABP ride for a couple of months, or at least a month.....  I have a blood clot in my leg and I need to be very careful with it.  When I do return, my riding will be Zwift only until I get off the blood thinning medication.
  • Options
    Thanks @Brian Hagan for the info.  Also, sorry to hear about your blood clot, but glad you got it checked out! I don't think I would have been that quick.  Take care and get well before coming back!
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2017 2:54PM
    Smart move @Brian Hagan !  Get well Ironman!
  • Options
    I'll be on Zwift this Sunday morning.  I'll probably start 7am or before but if you start 8am Eastern i'll join for an hour of my ride at end.  
  • Options
    Im out this Sunday.  Eugene Half marathon.
  • Options
    I'm in.  6,7,8,9 ET all good for me.  If @Trent Prough wants company at 7 that may be a good time to maximize mojo.   Somebody who has stronger feelings call it, I'll be there!. @Brian Hagan take care!   
  • Options
    Sounds like it's tomorrow at 8 am eastern.  Here are the details

Please pick the "London 8" course from the drop down menu

Please Put on the Basic 5 kit and have Team EN  in your name. 

If someone wants to join after the start you can always start with one of us by searching for our name

See you tomorrow!  If this isn't what everyone is thinking please speak up
  • Options
    Great ride out there Sunday animals!  Always helps me push/work more than otherwise!

Hoping for an even larger group next Sunday!  

SS