Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Team Tundra Force

Comments

• Options
    I am becoming tormented by my own challenge. Today intentionally watched thermometer as it dropped from 34, 33, 32, 31, 30 degrees until I went out to run to earn points.
  • Options
    Well I might as well join since I gave up on buying a treadmill!
    I was looking at the spreadsheet. Except for directions, there are no names or anything. Where are we keeping track?
  • Options
    I did my best Texas tundra team impersonation today. It was low 40s.... I imagine some you guys would love to have it that warm haha
    Oh well looks like we missed our Texas window for a point or two!
  • Options

Posted By Michele Cellai on 05 Dec 2009 04:03 PM
    Well I might as well join since I gave up on buying a treadmill!
    I was looking at the spreadsheet. Except for directions, there are no names or anything. Where are we keeping track?

At the bottom of the spreadsheet there are tabs for "Calculator" and "December" pages. Click the December page for the names and dates. Everyone can add their own names and points to track results and it should autosave the results. Let me know if not working.
  • Options

At the bottom of the spreadsheet there are tabs for "Calculator" and "December" pages. Click the December page for the names and dates. Everyone can add their own names and points to track results and it should autosave the results. Let me know if not working.

Got it! Thank You!
  • Options
    90 minute mtb ride this morning at 28 degrees---the trails were frozen and fast. No snow though.image
  • Options
    I barely make the cut-off with a run at 32 degrees. I wore full-length tights for the first time. Lovely weather for running.image
  • Options
    Time to pull out the roller skis to start the XC ski training, let's go!image Dave
  • Options
    Ran outside for ~30 minutes @ ~25, then 1 hour tonight at ~18. Feels cold finally.
  • Options
    Weather forecast looks like real winter is about to hit the Northeast in the next few days!
  • Options
    Believe it or not Team Texas puts up one point for the year!
    28 degrees for an hour! If windchill counted id even been down to 19!
    You northerners are crazy that was a cold run!
  • Options
    Colder in Texas than in NY right now. We got some snow (2") last night, but temp already above freezing. Supposed to be crazy weather the next few days. Winds up to 50MPH gusts tonight and temps dropping rapidly again with more snow.
  • Options

Posted By Philip Fratto on 09 Dec 2009 07:48 AM
    Believe it or not Team Texas puts up one point for the year!
    28 degrees for an hour! If windchill counted id even been down to 19!
    You northerners are crazy that was a cold run!

Add 1 more point for Team Texas. it asaid 20 mph winds by work. I lasted 30 minutes so i figured .5 for 30 minutes and .5 for wind. Hopefully it wasn't 1 hour to start counting the points. You guys are insane!!! ITS COLD.
  • Options
    Team Texas is coming in strong this week! Getting a taste of you guys everyday training!
  • Options
    Just read this thread today, and I'm in! It's 3 degrees here right now, with -21 wind chills. Not running today. But, have a 5K Saturday that might be frosty!
  • Options

Posted By Barbara Spitler on 10 Dec 2009 10:16 AM
    Just read this thread today, and I'm in! It's 3 degrees here right now, with -21 wind chills. Not running today. But, have a 5K Saturday that might be frosty!

Yes!!! We are in whiteout conditions now in Rochester.
  • Options
    Does marshaling a race count? I've got a 15K i'm going to be a field marsall for in Central Park next weekend and I know I'm going to be a lot colder than the runners!
  • Options

Posted By Kevin Walter on 10 Dec 2009 02:19 PM

Posted By Barbara Spitler on 10 Dec 2009 10:16 AM

Yes!!! We are in whiteout conditions now in Rochester.

Whiteouts should count for atleast 10 points! image
  • Options
    I'm gonna get me some points today!
  • Options
    Hi everyone, been crazy busy at work lately so haven't had time to check in much. Been racking up some big points though here in the frozen tundra of Wisconsin - and also picked up a few last Sunday in of all places Vegas!

I brought my wife home on the last 5 miles of the marathon course in Vegas. She really wantd to break 4 hours on this try, and when I picked her up she was behind pace. Luckily we were able to get her back on track and she ran a 3:58. It was 28 at start time, with 20+ mph winds - I know this because I was getting in from a pretty hard night of enjoying the local entertainment when she was heading down to the start. I rallied though, and was able to perform my husband sherpa duties a couple hours later.

After we returned home, we had a foot of snow dumped on us, and sub-zero temps Wed night through yesterday. I've been kinda bad - skipping my bike workouts to just rack up some running points. Yesterday morning's hour run at 3 degrees with a -24 windchill cured me of the novelty I think. Layers,layers,layers!

I think I'm getting old - I used to relish the chance to pit myself against the stupid-cold elements. Now, not so much. This contest at least is keeping me off the treadmill a little longer this season. I doubt I do anything outside when the windchill gets that cold again image

Bryan
  • Options
    Great job with pacing duties and braving the cold of the midwest. Looks like you folks really took it in the teeth weather wise. Cold here, but I think it lost some of its ooomph before it got to us.

Got the vector graphic EN logo from RnP via Dan Socie. Winter Hats to be ordered by end of week. Free Schwag for those who join and log points!

Add your name as post-up your points here!

Team Tundra Force
  • Options
    Also, my points will start to go up soon. I'm still in post IMAZ recovery mode, but am going to start a more regular preseason schedule on Monday.
  • Options
    I think this will show one potential hat design. No minimum with this company and faster turn around than with headsweats.

Make [script removed]
  • Options
    Note, you do not have to click "buy" on the above widget. I will order for all of us.
  • Options
    Count me in-the Temps dropped to 3 here in Wisconsin early this week and are now finally back up into the teens. We have the Badger state games in February-did them last year in sub-zero weather. The Quadrathon is a combo of 5K run, 5k bike, 5K snow shoe, 5K ski-crazy fun. This will help with the outdoor running-great idea
    Sheryl image
  • Options
    I like the look of that hat.
    Is it lined?
    Just looked at the form. I don't think I'll be able to catch Brian, but being in 3rd ain't bad! But that can't be right!!!!
  • Options
    Nice work everyone. I haven't been logging the points on the spreadsheet - have been too busy with new job start last week. With the new commute, weekday outdoor rides may not happen this year. I may try to ride to work at least once/week (35miles), but it means I need to drive to work the next day to pick up the bike. Damn commuter train won't allow me to take the bike on during the afternoon rush.

I did get out yesterday (for a little while until the rear derailleur blew up). It was 28 degrees and windy, but sunny so it wasn't bad at all.

Keep it up everyone. Spring should be here in 6-8 months.
  • Options
    Went out yesterday for a 2+ hour mtb ride in the snow. What crazy, rear wheel sliding fun! I put a beastly 2.4' tire with fangs on my front wheel...I LURVE that tire! Looked into getting studded tires but holy crap! are they expensive!! But they would count as "adaptive gear" for more tundra points, right?

Kevin, thank you for getting those hats for us! Will we get extra tundra points for wearing it?
  • Options
    Kevin, I'm totally in! Awesome! People think we're crazy for working out outside...I love digging out the cold weather gear! There is nothing like going for a beautiful run in the fresh snow! Count me in for a hat, too!
  • Options
    Temps back to single digits-I would like a hat too if it isn't too late, was outside for 5 on Tuesday in the balmy 20's. That is the best thing about sub-zero weather, it makes 20 degrees feel so good