Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Team Tundra Force

Comments

• Options
    totally haven't been logging points, but it's been darn cold the past few weeks as winter settles in up here. headed out with the gang this morning and it was 4 degrees. warmed up to about 12 before we were done. at least the sun was out and roads were clean and dry! image
  • Options
    Screw shoes worked great on the hard packed snow-did some running then snow shoeing then running. It was in the mid 20's this afternoon-down right balmy
  • Options
    Watch water freeze at -40C and work on your Norwegian:
    http://www.dagbladet.no/tv/index.html?clipid=33453
  • Options
    Great job everyone getting out and getting it done!

Hats are in! I need peeps to message me their addresses so I can mail them out to you. I will resend this message through the message system. Some have asked about how much they owe. Basically, the hats are on me. I do have a Starbuck's card though so if you want to throw some money on it (if I can figure out how to do that) then I will definitely take it! Feel free to send your payment to Haiti too. Prefer to just do this on the Karma system rather than trying to track down $ from everyone. Will send out picture of hat tonight. They came out pretty well!
  • Options
    Kevin-my hat can find me at
    Sheryl Leonard-Schneck
    2643 N. 111th street
    Wauwatosa, WI 53226
    and I will make a donation to the Haiti fund, what a great idea. Thanksimage
  • Options
    Thanks Kevin! Here's my address too:
    Paul Takac
    1341 Shamrock Ave.
    State College, PA 16801

I'll also do the contribution to the Haiti fund! Outstanding option. I just did 21 miles yesterday for Coach P's Run for Haiti challenge. Altogether it looks like EN Peeps raised somewhere north of $22,500.

THanks!
  • Options
    Kevin

I sent you a PM

thanks

cary
  • Options
    Hats off to Kitima, Dave, Michelle, and Cary today! Paul and Sheryl will send out tomorrow.

My Sbux card#: 6051739683291996
  • Options
    IMG_0159

Preview of the hat. Unfortunately it is perched on top of a poser Team Tundra Force athlete who wimped out and did his running intervals on the treadmill tonight instead of getting outside!
  • Options
    Kevin, will catch up you with sometime around here in Rochester! Donation into Haiti fund! Thanks for doing this...this will be fun to sport until, you know, April, when the snow finally stops flying around here!
  • Options
    Dana,

Are we still on for the Cast a Shadow race? Do we have a 3rd team mate? Is Nathalie in? Her FB post today was that she was going to do the 5K trail race tonight (which should have been a snowshoe race if we hadn't lost our snow).
  • Options
    hey I am at : 130 Mohawk Maumelle AR 72113 Well my coldest run was at 9 degrees two weeks ago and then today it got up to 65 degrees! we have the weirdest weather here... but we really did have a cold snap and nope didn't get on the treadmill. it will get cold again and now I will have a new hat to keep my noggin warm. Thanks so much. m
    I just went to Starbux and it prompted for the pin #.?? I went to reload card and pretended it was for me and it had a blank for the long number but also asked for pin #.
  • Options
    Thanks for the hat! I was out in my Yak Trax yesterday! Still racking up points!
  • Options
    I didn't really do anything for TTF this year, but I'll gladly throw down some $$$ for that cool hoodie.
  • Options
    Kevin, I'm in if you're in! I think we save some dough if we sign up by Mon...no prob as one of race directors works at the shop with Doug. I'll email Nathalie now...we need a coolio team name!
  • Options
    I cheated on outside yesterday and ran at the gym -- mostly because it was cold and the subzero buntoaster fleecy underwear were in the laundry. Can I count all my daze of skiing on the spreadsheet?
  • Options

Okay folks, be sure to post photos of you in your new EN winter cap when you get them in the mail.

I'll go first (well, second I guess we need to count Kevin).

[IMAGE:75]

I'm sure this photo will shock everyone that thought I was just a good looking pair of feet and some stylish flip-flops.

I'll be wearing mine outside regardless of the 45°+ weather we’re going to have for the next several days.

• Options

Posted By Cary Blanco on 23 Jan 2010 04:42 PM

Okay folks, be sure to post photos of you in your new EN winter cap when you get them in the mail.

I'll go first (well, second I guess we need to count Kevin).

[IMAGE:75]

I'm sure this photo will shock everyone that thought I was just a good looking pair of feet and some stylish flip-flops.

I'll be wearing mine outside regardless of the 45°+ weather we’re going to have for the next several days.

Ummmm yeah. I thought you were a girl imageimage
  • Options
    Kevin, thank you so much for the AWESOME hat! When I locate my camera, I'll take a pic and post here. Can't wait to wear it on my next run! Figure out your Starbucks thing, and you'll definately get a boost from me! Ask Patrick or Rich, I believe they have a link on their posts. And Hati is definately getting a donation from me.
  • Options
    Not getting the icons so I can post my pic.
    @Cary- if it's any consolation, I think I look like a boy. My hair is longer than it used to be when I was always referred to as "sir".
  • Options
    Kevin-the hat is great and it brought with it the dreaded January Thaw-rain and 35+ degrees have melted our winter wonderland. Pictures to follow and donation made to Haiti. Thanks again
  • Options

Posted By Michele Cellai on 24 Jan 2010 01:54 PM
    @Cary- if it's any consolation, I think I look like a boy. My hair is longer than it used to be when I was always referred to as "sir".

No worries Michele - Coach Rich made the same mistake. image One day I share the story of my flip-flop icon (it's made a book cover). image
  • Options

Posted By Cary Blanco on 24 Jan 2010 08:24 PM

Posted By Michele Cellai on 24 Jan 2010 01:54 PM

No worries Michele - Coach Rich made the same mistake. image One day I share the story of my flip-flop icon (it's made a book cover). image

I'll admit I always stuck you in a gender neutral place 'cause I just wasn't sure either! image So nice to have the mystery solved!!!!!
  • Options
    More hats going off tomorrow to those still waiting! [Have been moving offices over the last few days, but am now settled in my new digs.] Goodbye cinder block walls, odd smells, and strange stains on the ceiling tiles; hello dry wall, fresh carpet, paint. Good lord its like I'm a real doctor and not someone operating out of a 1950's bomb shelter.
  • Options
    Hey Kevin - Late to the party (and Forum!) Love the hat - if you have any left, I'd love to contribute to your Starbucks card and Haiti. (As a matter of fact, I love the mojo and spirit, and will do that any way!!)
    Mike B
  • Options
    Does anyone know why we don't get the icons when replying that would allow me to link a pic?

Dave
  • Options

Posted By David Halligan on 26 Jan 2010 04:46 PM
    Does anyone know why we don't get the icons when replying that would allow me to link a pic?

Dave

There's an attachment dealio at the bottom of the reply form that allows you to upload and place photos.

[IMAGE:78]

see.
  • Options
    Thanks, Cary. My pic exceeds the max size of 500kb.

Every other thread has icons at the top that allow us to attach a link to a pic on a site like flickr, but not on this thread. Hmmm.

Dave
  • Options
    Cary...you continue to amaze me. I'm doing IMLP 2010, too (it's my 2nd) so can't wait to meet you!
  • Options
    Kevin-

I would love to get one of those hats if you have any left. I will admit to not being an official member of the tundra this year, as I refer to it 'my winter without snow'. Sooner or later though there will be snow in my life again... Anyway if you have some left let me know, money on its way to Haiti!