Home General Training Discussions
Options

[RETIRED] New Member Welcome Thread

Comments

• Options

Welcome Gary!!

• Options
    Hi all. I'm Dave and live in NYC. I've been doing Tris for about 5-6 years and really want to take training to the next level. I've been consistent middle-of-the-pack during races. I'm fairly inconsistent in training as life comes up, but I'm ready to really focus and develop better habits over the next few seasons.
  • Options
    Welcome Dave! First order of business is to upload a picture of your smiling mug. Then start digging in and asking questions. Good luck!
  • Options
    EN-
    Hi all,
    My name is Kevin, I live in Michigan. Coming back to Tri after a few years off. Looking forward to getting back to training, EN looks impressive so far. Suggestion or recommendations would be greatly appreciated for a new user, and selection of a training plan. I am doing Lake Placid next year as my second IM.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Kevin, Welcome to the Haus! My recommendations would be to hit up Coach Rich for your season plan (what plan to load when), watch the dashboard and forum threads to get a feel for the flow of information, dig into the wiki for specific questions. There can be a information overload if you try to take in too much at once, just get a feel for everything and pick and choose where to deep dive based on your interests. Most of all, don't be afraid to ask questions and interact with the coaches and other members. That's where the real value in EN is.
  • Options
    Thanks Roy, I am looking forward to getting into all of the information provided here.
  • Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Anthony and I just joined EN. I am 42 years old and I started exercising about six months ago for the first time in about 20 years. I live in San Dimas, CA. I work at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles as a Respiratory Therapist. I completed 2 sprint triathlons so far and I have two more coming up this month. I am planning on completing Vineman 70.3 next year and then a full Ironman in 2017. I am looking forward to meeting the team members and training together.

• Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Anthony and I just joined EN. I am 42 years old and I started exercising about six months ago for the first time in about 20 years. I live in San Dimas, CA. I work at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles as a Respiratory Therapist. I completed 2 sprint triathlons so far and I have two more coming up this month. I am planning on completing Vineman 70.3 next year and then a full Ironman in 2017. I am looking forward to meeting the team members and training together.

• Options
    You found the right place and glad you are here. Just ask for anything you need and we can deliver. Have fun and race well...

Jim
  • Options
    Hey EN Gang and Peep!

Just wanted to drop by an give a shout out to everyone! I'm a long time marathon runner and have done around 10 or so, and got in to tris about 4 years ago, and have done 2 x 70.3. I know I have bags of potential...and thats the reason I've joined EN...along with all the great brains that are here, i love to learn and hopefully achieve my personal ambitions fast and injury free image
    For me its about fun, and trying to drag my family in to this crazy sport!

Over and out
    G
  • Options
    Welcome Gurjit!
  • Options
    Hey all,

Newbie to EN, but not the philosophy. I live in Grand Rapids, MI, and I'm married to a wonderful wife that is fitness oriented and supports my crazy lifestyle. We have two young daughters (5 & 8) who are constantly going back and forth to soccer and gymnastics after school and on the weekends. I'm all signed up for Ironman #5 (IM Lou) with some of my local team peeps and I'm looking to drop a significant PR. I'm looking forward to training with you all!

-Rich
  • Options
    Good morning from New Hampshire! Carolanne Caron here and I come to the sport as a swimmer. I raced triathlon (short course) for 2 years and then got injured so had to take some time off. I am just getting back into training with a goal of an Olympic race in August 2016. I have 2 children, one in college and one just about to graduate from high school, a wonderful husband, 2 cats, 1 dog, and a thriving swim coaching business where I help triathletes realize their swimming dreams. Looking forward to some progressive structured training!
  • Options
    Hi Endurance Nation. My name is Robbie Goudelock and live in Cumming Georgia. I got a start in triathlon in 2010 as a way to just stay in shape and have fun with my buds. Since, then I’ve completed 2 full distance races (Chattanooga and Florida) and 1 half distance (Augusta) and many Olympics and sprints. I was pretty burned out after my 2014 season and took 2015 off from training. Looking to get my training going again and having a good support group during training and racing. Heard great things about EN so here I am. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
  • Options
    Robbie,

Welcome aboard the EN Train and glad to add more members from ATL. I am looking forward to meeting you soon.
  • Options
    Hi Everyone, My name is Scott and I live in Snohomish Washington (about 25 miles Northeast of Seattle). I'm a 57 y/o novice at long-course triathlon - I've only done one half-iron distance race - but I'm planning to do IMCdA in 2016. I'm also a member of the Raise The Bar triathlon team (Covington WA), which introduced me to EN for coaching. I'm looking forward to the journey over the next 10 months!
  • Options
    Hello EN! I am a newly returning athlete to EN. Have been gone for a year or so. I am taking advantage of Patrick's return offer. I won't be doing any tri's in 2016 due to work requirements but will be going for a BQ at the Eugene Marathon in May.
  • Options
    Hi Gang! I am super excited to back in da haus after a 16 mo. hiatus from the tri life. My focus has been on running and life, but it's time to get back on the bike and in the pool. I have been with EN in the past for almost 3 yrs and have missed it greatly. I have done numerous 70.3s, 2 full Ironmans and lots of marathons. My most recent qualified me to go back to Boston in April. My goals for 2016 are all "A" races spaced out over the year. Carlsbad 1/2 Marathon in Jan, Boston in April, Toughman MN in July, and IMAZ 2016 in Nov. I am excited to feel the energy of the team and get some mojo back from all of you! I love EN!!
  • Options
    Hi my name is Shelly Robinson and I am checking EN out on the recommendation of a good friend of mine Laura Becker who has wonderful things to say about EN. I am new to triathalon's within the last two years. I completed several local sprint tri's and my first half ironman this summer (Timberman). I am signed up for IMLP2016 to celebrate turning 50 and I am very nervous. My goal is to finish and smile all the way through. I live in Glastonbury, CT and have a great group of friends here to train with which is a real blessing. They challenge me every day!
  • Options
    HI! New member here! I will be racing HIM Raleigh and IM Chattanooga! This will be my third IM...
    Did IMOO Wisconsin 2011 and 2013. I just moved to North Carolina 7 weeks ago with my husband and
    14 year old daughter from MN. The older one is in college in the Midwest. I am so excited for a longer
    training season outside no that we live in warmer climate. I feel like I am starting training from the
    beginning since I had a minimal training this past summer! Time to get my self in shape and ready for this
    upcoming year! I have followed EN philosophy and plans the last few years but now with this IM I really
    need my tri peeps and help since my last IM I raced injured! Especially moving to a new area and
    knowing no one really yet (I work out of my home as a designer) I need a community! I use to love
    training alone.. I still do but since doing IMs, I realized how much I need to connect and train with
    people when possible!! Especially biking. Nice to meet u all!
  • Options
    Hi all,

My name is Angus, I live just outside Oxford in the UK. After a 10yr break from Ironman racing I've been given the green light by my better half to race Lanzarote next May. Really excited about training for this with the EN Team.

A
  • Options
    Hey everyone!!
    My name is Stephanie and I'm from Brandon, Mississippi (central)! Wife of a marathon/ultra runner and mother of 3/step mom to 3 more. I work as a music teacher/professional cellist and part-time group fitness instructor. image 2016 will be my 5th season in triathlon/running. Before that i was a 5k weekend race-walker (yes you can laugh now….i thought was big stuff!!). But I got into triathlon because my husband (boyfriend at the time) thought i was cute and bought me a bike and from the moment i hopped on it i loved it!! He would get these weird oversized magazines (Lava) sent to his office that opened up a whole new world to me. Did my first local race in 2011 and just have been hooked ever since. Up to this point I've read a bunch, talked to a lot of athletes, had a short stint with a one-on-one coach (got injured…not his fault…but bailed) mostly just done my own thing. Battled early on a lot of injuries from trying to go too hard/too long to quickly but now my body is feeling so much healthier & stronger. After getting introduced to Coach Rich and hearing the 4 Keys talk in 2014 I really started implementing the Keys in 2015 with more consistent success (still need to work on them!!). Now I feel like its a good time to start working on building my triathlon engine and getting stronger, especially on the bike. Taking advantage of a little trial period here but with the hopes of joining full-time/getting some good structured out of season training direction, learning how to work smarter not longer and then ramping up training for IMTX and IMChattanooga 2016. Very excited to see what happens in here!!! imageimageimage
  • Options
    Hi STephanie,
    I am doing IM Chattanooga 2016 too!! Yay for us!
  • Options
    Stephanie - sounds like you're a perfect fit for EN ...and vice versa. I may be @ Chattanooga next year also.
  • Options
    Question... is it okay if i post this question here? can someone tell me the links where to post your run, your bike and your core/swim? I saw the run sheet but can't find it now... and I am lost where I can post the bike and core/swim. Sorry if this is wrong place to ask question. I just want to use all my resources! thanks
  • Options
    Hey Kim!!! Yay that you are doing Chattanooga! Its a great town and great race imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Hey Al,
    Thanks for the hello !! I've been around and about in the inside here for less than a week and I've learned so much!! The amount of information….great information!!!….is staggering!! A wide range of folks as well. I'm really digging it so far. I just have to get used to these message boards. image Chattanooga is an awesome race. One of my favorite bike rides!!! I'm looking forward to 2016. Just have to dial down and stay in out season mode. See you around!!! imageimageimage
  • Options
    My name is Patrick Boyle and i live in Midway, GA - south of Savannah. Just getting into things here at EN. So much info! My goal for 2016 is the 70.3 ironman in Raleigh in June.
  • Options
    Hi from New Jersey. My name is Barbara Feinstein. I've been a triathlete for about 10 years, and a competitive runner since high school (about 35 years). I am a professional volunteer (so basically I decide when I "work"), married for almost 25 years and mom to a 19 year old son and 16 year old daughter. If you're good with math you can get close to figuring out how old I am image. I have competed at Age Group Nationals 3 times and completed 3 70.3s (not well). In between I race lots of local sprints or Olympic distances. My strength is the run and my weakness the swim, with the bike falling between (funny how that works). I am hoping to gain insight in to how to be more successful at the 70.3 distance as well as improve my results at Age Group Nationals.
  • Options
    Hello all, Scott from Oxford, FL (an hour north of Orlando). Just finished my 3rd year in triathlon. I did 2 full IM each of the last 2 years along with other shorter races. I decided to fire the inept coach I had (that'd be me) and get professional help. I'm starting my 3rd week with EN and soaking up as much as I can. I signed up for Augusta 70.3 and IMFL in 2016 and am planning on working in a couple other races. Thanks in advance for your wisdom & insights.