Home General Training Discussions
Options

[RETIRED] New Member Welcome Thread

1222324252628»

Comments

• Options

@jonjcannon

Where in Manhattan? I live in Netherlands now, actually the original Haarlem, but lived in Manhattan for 15+ years. My two eldest kids were born at St Lukes Roosevelt on the West side by Lincoln Center.

• Options

Greetings!

I found EN while commuting and listening to Podcasts and am super excited to join the team. At 53 I am a "seasoned beginner." I have done sprint Tri's , 5K's and half marathons for 10 years. I have always dreamed of longer distances and hope to race an IM in 2020. The 2018 season was to be my first HIM until Hurricane Florence decided to visit NC. Transferred into HIM VA next May and plan to do a fall HIM also.

• Options

Welcome, Robin! I joined EN about a month ago and so far, I love it!

Do you live in NC? I live in the Raleigh area. I think that IM VA will be nice. I never did Rev3 Williamsburg because it always sounded hot. The May date should be much more pleasant.

What fall HIMs are you considering?

• Options

@Janyne Kizer

Thanks Janyne! Yes I am a transplanted yankee who loves NC, living near Winston-Salem for 17 years. Thinking of Augusta since its nearby and I don't trust waiting until Wilmington again. The downstream swims are key since swimming is a challenge. If all goes well and feeling good may add Wilmington on the end depending on dates.

• Options

@Robin Boyd-Kranis , I hear you. I just said something about that! I haven't done IM NC since WTC became involved. I think that now the event is cursed!

I am considering Augusta for next fall as well. Either that or a running event. TBD ;-)

I'm also planning to do Lake Logan the first weekend of August.

(I thought that I had sent this but then I saw it in drafts. doh!)

• Options

@Robin Boyd-Kranis

Welcome to the family! Reach out as needed.