Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Katsuyuki Kiya Official Coach Thread

Comments

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya - OMG!!!!! 😱 I did the same thing this winter. When I returned from my last race, I didn't tighten the seat. My legs and back started hurting, but I kept pedaling on through the pain... IRONMAN...right?!?! Anyway, something just didn't feel right...so I found an old picture and saw my seat had falling 4cm!!!!

It was unbelievably different...and I felt so ignorant. But these are all important lessons to learn.

I really like your position now. I want to make sure that you can ride on the bike (on the trainer) without holding on too tightly with your hands. If you can just put your weight on your elbows, for example, and text on your phone easily, that is a good sign. If you need to hold on to the bars and pull/grab in order to maintain your position that could be an issue.

Can you let me know?!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick

I did an FTP test today, but I was terribly disappointed.

Time trial for 20

20’18” AVP250W NP249W 91rpm APWR4.26 304KJ 182/190bpm

The last 20 minutes of peak power (254 w) could not be updated from the last 262 W.

Should I have another menu?

Katsuyuki Kiya ~K2ヾ(^v^)k~

• Options

@Coach Patrick

I felt physical upset when I was doing the VO2 menu last week.

I was not able to train with the power specified in the menu.

In particular, on last weekend's long ride, I felt that 95 minutes in Zone 3 and 15 minutes in Zone 4 would not work.

Furthermore, on the long run the day after, I intended to run a distance of 30 km, but I felt too ill and felt so heavy that I ended up at 25 km.

This week, I did only Easy Swim on Active Rest on Monday.

On Tuesday, I did LSD (9km) with Indoor Roller (main runs for 15 minutes in Zone 3) + Run with Bike.

Yesterday I did 10km Jog (TRP + 15 ”).

And today I did Bike Test (FTP), believing that my body had recovered, but the results were very disappointing, as I reported in the previous post.

Should I continue with the menu in Final Serge?

Or should I have another menu?

I thought that I finished the very hard VO2 menu and I grew up a little, but the result is totally opposite and surprising.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya - I am so used to talking to you in Facebook that I didn't look for your comment here. My apologies!

1. You are tired. And that is okay.
    2. You need a bit of rest.
    3. You don't need to test to move your numbers up (or down). You can just do it on your own.

All of that said, I don't know why you are running so long on the weekends right now? Your race is in September but you are already running 18 and 15 miles. These are very, very long runs and Will prevent you from doing well during the weekly workouts.

My advice to you is to NOT run so long. Your runs should be in the 75' to 85' range....not in the 105' to 120' range. Can you dial that back?

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Please allow me to be a long sentence.

About the comments so far, and the answers from you on the other day.

First of all, have you reviewed the comments I wrote to you so far?

2019/3/3 

About the weekend menu

https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/273829/#Comment_273829

2019/3/3

About "Run Strides".

https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/273830/#Comment_273830

2019/3/3

About the training menu after April 15

https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/273832/#Comment_273832

2019/3/8

About birthday message

https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/273977/#Comment_273977

2019/3/10

About menu change

https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/274027/#Comment_274027

2019/3/10&2019/3/11

About fitting←I received a reply from you on this matter

https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/274029/#Comment_274029

https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/274051/#Comment_274051

2019/3/14

About the result of FTP test←I received a reply from you on this matter

https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/274166/#Comment_274166

https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/274170/#Comment_274170

About the above 5 cases (3/3-3/10), I would like to know if you could see it.

If possible, I wanted to get a reply.

First of all, I would like to confirm.

I would like to comment on you in the future, EN site (Coach EN)? Or do you like Facebook's messenger?

Please tell me your hope.

This time, I do not know which is better, so I will comment on you both in EN and on Facebook.

From here, I will respond to your comments.

○About fitting

I still changed position (with the seat post raised 1 cm further than last summer's race position) and then I have not run outside on my TT bike.

That's because I got to work on the weekend and it rained.

I do roller training on a road bike indoors. (Using Zwift)

I do not use fixed rollers (classic trainers) because I have expensive tires on my TT bike.

(I used a TT bike with a roller to shoot a video to show you.)

So, next time I have a chance to run outside on a TT bike, I will check the following points.

・without holding on too tightly with your hands

As for bike fitting, I will give you feedback next time I have the opportunity to run on a TT bike outside.

○About the result of FTP test

As you say, I have been tired since last weekend.

I thought that I needed a rest and changed the menu considerably this week. (I have already commented on this)

I think I'm only disappointed with the FTP test right now, so I'm wondering if the next FTP test will be the FTP test scheduled for the second week of April that was posted on FinalSurge.

I need to apologize.

I did not tell you to compete in the full marathon next weekend (March 24).

Because the event was scheduled, I did some long runs (~ 30km) on the weekend.

This full marathon takes place near my parents' home.

Every year my parents look forward to supporting me.

Therefore, I enter this race every year.

As you say, my main race is September IM.

I will do the running menu according to the menu of FinalSurge after this full marathon is over.

I do not intend to aim for my best (2:40’) in this full marathon.

To the last, I think that it is the practice of IM run and will run easily at TRP pace or less.

So please allow me to compete in the full marathon next week.

The new training menu (Peak Intervals, Bike ABP with SST) will start again next week.

I will rest on Monday morning and prepare for training from Tuesday.

• Options
    edited March 18, 2019 1:59PM

@Katsuyuki Kiya - Ok, I am "back" here on the Endurance Nation site now...thank you for following me over from Facebook. Let me answer your questions...

1) Strides aren't about super high cadence...it's about running fast (95% of max speed) for a short time (20 to 30 seconds)...with a walking break in between. Here's a video:

2) On the schedule, I only loaded the first plan as I wasn't sure what our next step would be. Now I have a better idea (See below). But remember at anytime you can upload / delete / move / adjust your plan.

3) I haven't loaded the full Ironman plan to your account yet...we will likely do some different smaller / shorter plans before we begin the full Ironman build up.

4) I am 100% NOT SURPRISED that you were too tired to test. Those runs were super challenging. I can't believe how FAST you are. My personal marathon best is 2:59:xx which is more then 40 seconds slower per mile than you. You are a 🚀!

So, now that I know you are doing a MARATHON, I think the best option for you is as follows.

• Taper week into marathon (current plan through wednesday)
    • Recovery plan for Two weeks (until 4/7)
    • Finish OutSeason Plan weeks 11 to 14 (4/8 to 5/5)
    • Bike Focus plan from 5/6 to end on 6/16/2019
    • On 6/17/2019 Load the  -- EN*Full Bike Focused  to end on 9/22/2019
    • On 9/23/2019 Load the  -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 10/20/2019
    • On 10/21/2019 Load the  -- Run Durability for Triathletes 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 11/17/2019

I have loaded plans into Final Surge through the end Of the OutSeason Plan for now...please review and let me know what you think!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick

I appreciate the polite reply.

I am pleased that you have checked all my comments.

I thought you were very busy at work and declined to write a comment to you, but from now on I will strive to communicate my thoughts to you more often.

I am from now on

First, I wrote a comment on the Coach EN forum

Next, I'll let you (Bump) you on Facebook's messenger.

○About "Run Strides".

I understood in your explanation and video.

It's like the Windsprint (a dash less than 100%) I used to do.

○About the full marathon this weekend

While talking with @Akio Yamauchi who is training together, my thoughts have changed.

Every year, I became a runner in winter, and I was training to aim for a self-best update in the half marathon and full marathon.

However

When the running season (winter) is over and the triathlon season (spring) comes ... a gap is created in the amount of practice with the bike and the finished condition of the body ... It was repeated every year.

I think that I can aim at the time close to winning in the marathon even under the present circumstances,

It feels like it's a little different to practice for the best update of Run at this time ...

The run performance has returned to a certain level of running ability

Right now, I think the challenge is how to use it in IM runs.

Now I have to do is earn Kona qualification in Korea this September.

If you think about what to do now ...

It is because I thought that doing the same thing as every year is no good.

I have come to think that what kind of picture I can draw when I do 3 (Swim, Bike, Run) at the same time is more important than having good power in one (running).

Because there is only one thing to do

So I am not focusing much on runs this season.

So, I am going to enjoy the run this weekend.

I will focus more on how stable I can keep the speed close to the TRP pace, rather than updating my records.

○About OutSeason Plan

Thank you for creating a tailored menu for me before and after the full marathon.

Depending on the weather and team practice (Thursday Night Running Exercise), I may have to switch the menu from Saturday to Sunday or Wednesday to Thursday, but I would follow the menu you created. I will continue my training.

○About future training menu

About the menu you made for me, can I interpret it as follows?

・3/18~(1W)…《Taper》~3/24 full marathon

・3/25~(2W)…《Recovery》~4/7

・4/8~(4W)…《OutSeasonPlan》~5/5

・5/6~(5W)…《BikeFocusPlan》~6/9

・6/10~(15W)…《EN Full BikeFocused》~9/15

・9/16~(4W)…《Post Ironman Transition Plan》※9/22IM Korea~10/13

・10/14~(4W)…《Run Durability》~11/10

I have one question for you.

Only one week has passed to IM Korea since the Post Ironman Transition Plan started from September 16th.

Is this "Post Ironman Transition Plan" just fine for just one week before the race?

Or is this menu containing Taper and Recovery before and after the IM race?

Please let me know your thoughts.

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya

1. Yes! Strides = Windsprint
    2. Thank you for understanding. I am happy that @Akio Yamauchi Is communicating with you on this. Athletes who are excellent runners often struggle with the Ironman Run because Runing off the bike (aka a brick run) is very very different than what they are used to feeling. Success in an ironman isn't about running fast. It's about not slowing down. And we need to make you VERY STRONG on the bike, so that you can be fast and comfortable there...and then still run well. Looking at results from IM Korea in 2018, you can run faster than ALL of them. The issue is we need to get your bike to the 5:30 range.

You can move your training plan around as needed according to weather, just "drag and drop" the workouts on the Final Surge calendar and I can follow it.

Thank you for fixing the date in my calendar. For some reason I had the wrong date..so 9/22 it is.. I have adjusted the post OutSeason Plan plans accordingly:

• Bike Focus plan from 5/6 to end on 6/16/2019
    • On 6/17/2019 Load the  -- EN*Full Bike Focused  to end on 9/22/2019
    • On 9/23/2019 Load the  -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 10/20/2019
    • On 10/21/2019 Load the  -- Run Durability for Triathletes 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 11/17/2019

Onwards!!!

~ Coach P

Ps...your "next FTP test" that you had asked me about before...that is at the end of Week 14 of the OS, according to our new schedule! 👍

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya Want to make sure you saw that information ^above^ .... Let me know! 👍

• Options

@Coach Patrick

I was sorry for the delay in contacting you.

○About "Run Strides".

I ran this menu this Tuesday.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3474797006

After finishing the bike (Bike FTP), I put the Run Strides in the middle of the run about 10 km.

On the way up the hill, I did three dashes.

The above is the data.

○About the concept of the run and the bike

I agree with your thoughts.

I often slow down on the run after finishing the bike.

I feel I need to learn Bike strength and pacing.

I hope you will continue to teach me about that.

Since I was 45 this year, I checked 45-49 results.

I also talked to @Akio Yamauchi, I felt that it was necessary to go into the race with less than 5 hours of Bike.

○About training menu change

I did not know that I could change it with "drag and drop" the workouts on the Final Surge calendar.

That's very useful information.

I work long weekdays from Monday to Saturday (afternoon to evening), so long rides are often on Sundays.

The following is scheduled for a week-long training.

Monday: Active Rest (Swim) or OFF

Tuesday: Indoor Bike 1h & Brick Run

Wednesday: Indoor bike or middle ride outside

Thursday: Running (training session with team)

Friday: Active Rest (Swim) or OFF

Saturday: Long Run

Sunday: Long Ride

○About future training menu

Should I understand that the training menu in the future is as follows?

・3/18~(1W)…《Taper》~3/24 full marathon

・3/25~(2W)…《Recovery》~4/7

・4/8~(4W)…《OutSeasonPlan》~5/5

・5/6~(6W)…《BikeFocusPlan》~6/16

・6/17~(14W)…《Full BikeFocused》~9/22

※9/22 IM Korea

This is your idea that I will strengthen my bike just before IM Korea?

○About Peak Intervals(L3)

Yesterday I did Peak Intervals for the first time.

Within 6 minutes, the first 5 minutes were done with 245w (94% relative to FTP) and the last 1 minute was done with full power (̃115% relative to FTP).

Here is the data:

Is my way right?

Also, I read the book "Training And Racing With Power Meter 2nd Edition ~ Hunter Allen ~" and tried to keep low cadence in mind.

Since I am a poor leg, I can not turn heavy gears, so I had a habit of turning light gears with high cadence (100 rpm ~).

In this Peak Intervals, I was conscious of turning at around 90 rpm.

○About FTP test

I found an FTP test day on Week 14. Thank you!

At that time, I will do my best to update my personal best.

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Yesterday I finished the full marathon.

The day was fine, but the wind was strong and the head wind was strong depending on the course.

I gave you some advice

“Success in an ironman isn't about running fast. It's about not slowing down.”

I thought while thinking about this.

I was conscious of running at a constant pace from start to finish and not slowing down in the second half.

Here is my data

Garmin

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3489929990

TrainingPeaks

10㎞ 41’43”…4’10”/㎞

20㎞ 1:23’35”…4’11”/㎞

30㎞ 2:05’41”…4’11”/㎞

40㎞ 2:49’00”…4’13”/㎞

Lap(Lap every 1km)

4:03 4:15 3:59 4:15 4:11

4:03 4:06 4:06 4:12 4:13

4:06 4:10 4:10 4:02 4:09

4:24 4:09 4:02 3:58 4:16

4:15 4:02 4:14 4:15 4:05

4:07 4:08 4:14 4:14 4:13

4:14 4:27 4:23 4:08 4:19

4:16 4:18 4:14 4:16 4:18

4:25 4:17

I tried to run at my own TRP pace (4:13 to 4: 07 / km) without disturbing the pace until the end.

I also kept in mind the supply.

I drank gel every 10km and ate salt tablets for 15km and 25km, 35km.

I usually check laps only every 5 km, but in this full marathon I checked laps every 1 km and controlled the pace.

In particular, after 30 km, I tried to keep pace with the image of IM Run.

However, I did not practice running more than 30km, so I felt that my legs were heavy after 35km.

Actually, I was thinking that I could raise the pace a little from 35 km past, but I was able to manage the TRP pace somehow by raising the pace in the second half.

Although I am not running the 3.8km Swim nor the 180km Bike, I have a sore leg pain this morning.(T-T)

I am very embarrassing.

I will rest my body firmly on the rest according to the training menu that you made.

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya You were very strong and steady in that marathon. I am impressed at how well you did with the fatigue in your legs from all the cycling. You should be proud! If your legs didn't hurt, I would think you were a robot! 🤖

Yes to recovery; it's okay for a few days as you will become stronger, I promise.

As for Peak intervals....ideally you will be a bit stronger for the last piece of each individual interval. Closer to 120% if possible.

Do not do big gear with the hard intervals; use the gear that is comfortable to you. Instead, I prefer that you do some big gear / lower cadence work when you are doing your longer rides. That will be more specific to our goals and more effective!

Right now we will see how you rebound from the marathon; for right now the whole plan looks good to me. Your time in the Bike Focus plan should be beneficial; but I don't know what your end of the OutSeason® will look like. We will start by analyzing those numbers and then make a decision!

Let's keep rolling!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick

I thought that I should not do a full marathon at this time, but I learned a lot by participating in the race this time.

I am not tired or hurt my legs now.

I realized I was not a robot. (^ 0 ^;)

Three days passed after the full marathon.

I wanted to do regular training already, but according to today's menu I put up with "Steady Walking".

However, I was surprised that I walked for half an hour.

The condition of my leg that I thought was not a problem was a feeling of tension in the lower left thigh and a sense of discomfort in the right inguinal region.

If I had regular training today, I might have been injured.

As you say, I felt that rest was important.

I will keep striving to keep your menu in the future.

○ About Gear Selection and Peak Intervals

Your advice was very easy to understand.

I will do my best to raise the second half to 120%.

I also understood about the choice of gear.

I will remember and practice your advice when I am on a long ride.

Also, I will continue to communicate my impressions of practicing your menu in the future.

• Options

K2 - thank you for the update. I saw your note in Facebook....I thought you were being sarcastic:

But I am glad you did. And future you, the K2 from August 2019, he will also be pleased. The work doesn't make you stronger, how you recover from it / absorb it, that matters more!

~ Coach P

• Options
    edited March 28, 2019 2:39PM

@Coach Patrick

If I have offended you, I apologize.

I hope you understands what I want to say.

When I tell you, I try to tell in real terms.

For example, my physical disorder, anxiety, requests, pleasure, etc.

My Facebook account (newly acquired) is open to everyone, not just acquaintances.

That's because I told you before, an account tied up with a magazine (Lumina) project, where I must always send out the information on triathlon positively.

So there are times when I have to write something funny and contrary to my mind.

If you find my Facebook information offensive, please let me know at any time.

Real I am a timid person. 

I am just an ordinary person triathlete who falls in love with Kona.

I am not sure if you understands what I want to say.

I hope so...

• Options

Sarcasm is ok...very american. 🤣 It made me laugh. No worries!

~ Coach P

• Options

What a relief!

Oh, 💨 I'm glad to hear that.  now I can relax. 

• Options

@Katsuyuki KiyaYour training and recovery looks good right now. How does your body feel this week? Do you think you’ll be ready for a test soon on the bike?

• Options
    edited April 3, 2019 6:48AM

@Coach Patrick

The day before yesterday I was slightly ill, but I spent two days (from 4/1 to 4/2) on recovery so I recovered.

Today, I did "3 x 12 '(3') @ Zone 3" of the menu that you made with a roller.

I thought Zone 3 (210-223W) would be easy to finish with an easy menu, but I felt that the load was actually quite high.

Honestly speaking, is my physical strength falling? I was anxious.

However, I think that it is not bad as the condition of the body (healed enough).

From now on, I would like to steadily work on your menu and increase the quantity and quality of Work.

I think I've had enough rest to do the Bike Test, but with today's roller, I have doubts that the power is enough to update my bike's FTP.

What do you think?

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya I agree no test right now...we can see how high your heart rate was by the third interval. It's not a great place to be, and you aren't ready just yet. We want to see the power line and the heart rate line move in parallel to one another; right now you are just too fatigued.

You ran yesterday at 7:45/mile pace...but your Heart Rate was 161 bpm. A month ago you ran 6:45 pace at 161bpms...same "stress" as Zone 4 but you are in Zone TWO!!!! 😱

We will need a bit more time.

If you have TIME, please consider an EASY 2- to 3-hour ride this weekend. As if you were giving a tour to your grandparents...just spin, take pictures, enjoy. That can help "anchor" your HR back down where we want before the final recovery week.

Please keep me posted!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick

I thought I had recovered completely, but it was surprising that my heart rate was so high.(゜Д゜)

Until now, I did not care so much about my heart rate.

Because I thought that my heart rate fluctuated considerably depending on autonomic nervous system, climate, and time zone.

In addition, I was thinking that my heart rate might be slightly higher than the average person.

This is my data for the 2014 Full Marathon (second best).

My average heart rate was 180.

However, as you say, I also realized that the relationship between my heart rate and stress is very different in just one month.

This weekend, I do not have time for work on Saturday, so I'm thinking of going for Easy Ride (possibly Roller) a couple of hours on Sunday.

Also, I will inform you what I felt in the training.

• Options

@Coach Patrick

I was looking forward to this coming.

I am resuming my regular workout from today.

I do not really know how well my body has recovered, but I can only understand that my physical condition is not bad.

Last Tuesday I did the following workouts:

※ About this matter, I mentioned my impression in this forum before.

3 x 12 '(3') @ Zone 3.

At this time, I felt very hard.

Also, at this time, before I did the menu, it was very negative, "I can not do it?"

But today I was different.

I was really looking forward to doing the workout.

If I think about last week, today's menu (2 x 20 '(5') @ Zone 4) may be hard, but it is strange, but I felt very positive without anxiety.

The actual data is as follows.

1: 06'37 "31.74km AV 206 W NP 226 W 166/188 bpm 82.0 TSS IF 0.862 823 KJ

# 1: 20'03 "AV 252 W 88 rpm APWR 4.29 176/186 bpm

# 2: 20'08 "AV 243 W 86 rpm APWR 4.14 182/187 bpm

In today's workout I was able to turn one gear heavier than usual.

In the first warm-up, I was always around 180w, but I could easily turn it with 200w.

Also, in the first 20 minutes of Zone 4, I was quite fast at turning, but I could easily turn it over 100% of FTP. I just thought that the power meter was broken.

However, after 15 minutes, I became increasingly difficult to maintain FTP 97%, and I tried to use FTP 100% or more for the last minute.

The second one, I turned in the same sense, but it was hard enough to maintain it with FTP 93%. Likewise, I turned around 100% of the last minute for FTP.

Today's workout was hard, but I was able to do RUN as soon as my breathing was in place.

At RUN, I felt very light, I felt so sensitive, and I was able to run comfortably.

I think last week's slow pace ride was also good for me.

https://www.facebook.com/katsuyuki.kiya.5/posts/406790020153825

※ I am posting to Facebook

I forgot to tell you

In this two-week recovery week, I tried to do the following:

・ 7 hours sleep

・Take a nap for 40 to 60 minutes after the morning workout

※ My work time is from 12 o'clock in the afternoon, and in the morning I am working out.

I have been sleepy for 5 to 6 hours, and I have felt sleepy at work, but now I am not sleepy and my work is going well.

Next weekend I will do a training camp with @ Akio Yamauchi and his triathlete companions. I'm very looking forward to this too.

Also, I will tell you what I felt in the training.

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya Thank you for the update and the bump! 🤣 It's official...I think you have recovered well enough from your running adventure. I

think you are ready now for some good volume with your friends. That will be nice to "set the tone" to build for the rest of the year.

Don't worry about going HARD at camp, I want CONSISTENT. You are strong, but your priority there is to develop the bike. Even long slow Rides can improve your VO2 and make you stronger!

Your mission is to become best friends with your bike! 😍🚲

~ Coach P

• Options
    edited April 16, 2019 1:19PM

@Coach Patrick

How is your training camp?

I believe that you have a well-rounded training camp.

I took a 140km ride (including 2 x 18 '(9') @ Sweet Spot then 80 '@ Zone 3) + run 30 minutes last weekend (April 14).

I was a little tired from the rhetoric, but I think I recovered significantly since I had a full rest day yesterday.

I will be training camp this weekend, so I would like to use Hard and Easy properly and adjust the conditioning for the weekend.

I really like your words "best friends with your bike! 😍🚲".

I have 22 weeks into Ironman Korea and I feel a little nervous, but now I would like to concentrate on the best friends of Bike.

Today's training (3 x 12 '(3') @ Zone 4) was also hard, but I was able to finish it.

I think that this two-week recovery week is not only related to physical recovery but also mental recovery.

After I finished doing VO2, I was completely tired and could not concentrate on my practice.

But now, no matter how hard the training is, I am not negative but always focused on positive feelings.

I will do a lot of BIKE training time this weekend, and I will do my best to be "best friends with my bike!".

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya Those numbers are looking really good to me right now...and the Heart Rate values show that you are recovered. I am excited for you there.

Can you please give me your height (inches) And weight (Lbs) so I can create a bike profile for you and we can start to set up your watt targets?

Thanks!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick

I was able to spend a very fulfilling training camp last weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/katsuyuki.kiya.5/posts/414987972667363

The first day is Bike 130km.

The second day is Run 20km.

Bike Long

2 x 20 '(10') @ Sweet Spot then 80 '@ Zone 3

3: 54 '16 "131.28km AV194W NP207W 156 / 179bpm 245.6TSS IF0.79 2728.8KJ 49.4 / 50.6%

# 1: 0: 21 '19 "AV 232 W NP 239 W 86 rpm APWR 4.0 164/171 bpm

# 2: 1'23'20 "AV 211 W NP 220 W 84 rpm APWR 3.6 160/175 bpm

# 3: 0: 20 '15 "AV 225 W NP 231 W 87 rpm APWR 3.9 172/178 bpm

Run Long

35 '@ TRP, 35' @ Zone 2, 5 '@ Zone 3

1: 19'26 "20.02km

Average pitch 192spm Average vertical movement 8.1m Average contact time 201ms Heart rate 170/187 bpm. Energy consumption 1019 cal. Training effect 4.9 51.4 / 48.6%

Lap (every 1 km)

3 '53 ", 3' 57", 3 '56 ", 4' 11", 4 '05 "

3 '48 ", 3' 53", 3 '57 ", 4: 13", 4' 00 "

3 '53 ", 3' 57", 4 '01 ", 4' 08", 4 '03 "

3 '46 ", 3' 50", 3 '52 ", 4' 06", 3 '46 "

I am a little nervous but I am looking forward to next week's FTP Bike Test.

My height and weight are as follows.

170 cm tall

170 cm = 66.929 in

Weight 58 kg

58 kg = 127 lb 13.8899 oz

When will the training menu after May 6 (Mon) be reflected in FinalSurge?

I look forward to your comments.

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Today was the day of "Bike Test Pwr" which I was looking forward to very much.

For the past few days, I was convinced that I was doing very well and I could also do FTP updates.

However, unfortunately, FTP update was not possible.

It was 261 W, 1 W lower than FTP 262 W issued in February.

However, since March was too bad, I could not update FTP, but I think I will not feel sick.

https://www.facebook.com/katsuyuki.kiya.5/posts/420738088759018

In FinalSurge, there is only a menu until April 5th, but will the menu after that be decided by the result of today's FTP test?

Certainly, in what I mentioned before, I think next was "Bike Focus Plan".

When will it be reflected in the FinalSurge menu?

I look forward to the next menu.

• Options
    edited May 1, 2019 4:10PM

@Katsuyuki Kiya Thank you for the Test Data. I am sad that you didn't improve your cycling power...but we still have time! Right now I am downloading your Training Peaks so I can create some custom workouts for you for the Bike Focus plan. I need a bit more time to finish this, so please continue with this week as planned. 

In the meantime, I have created a power plan for you. Is IM Korea bike simply two loops of IM 70.3™ Korea? know.

Please let meYou can view the power plan online here: bestbikesplit.com/client/128589 You should not have to pay for this..just view it.

Can you please five me some dates of previous Ironman results so I can find that data in Training Peas? Thank you!

• Options

@Coach Patrick

This year's IM Korea course is an extraordinary two-turn (some, three) course.

Certainly, the main part of the 2014 course (IM 70.3 Gurye) in which I participated is almost the same course.

I asked @Akio Yamauchi, who joined us a year ago, to show the data, and it seemed that some of the climbing courses (courses to the north of the swim site) were added.

However, as it is a relatively flat course, I felt that I needed to improve my Bike ability.

I looked at the "BestBikeSplit" site. Did this make you for me? Thank you!

Please tell me in detail how to use this.

I have uploaded all the data from your request to Training Peaks.

Here is the list:

2018/08/26

Triathlon Suzu (Bike 102km)

pioneer: https://cyclo-sphere.com/analysis/zzPMe

2015/08/23

Ironman Japan

Garmin: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/876095541

2014/10/04

Ironman 70.3 Gurye Korea

Garmin: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/605945666

2013/08/25

Ironman Canada (Bike)

Garmin: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/366474061

2012/08/11

Ironman U.S. Championship (Bike)

Garmin: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/210780232

2012/03/25

Ironman Asia-Pacific Championship Melbourne (Bike)

Garmin: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/172375695

2011/08/21

Internation Triathlon 2011 Mokpo (IM Distance) (Bike)

Garmin: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/139093517

2011/07/03

Ironman Korea (Bike) ※ Measurement error

Garmin: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/172376220

2010/09/04

1st INTERNATIONAL GREEN JEONNAM MIGHTYMAN TRIATHLON (IM Distance) (Bike)

Garmin: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/139095650

I hope you find it helpful for making my plan.

Thank you.

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Tomorrow, what should I do for a workout?

The menu has not been reflected in FinalSurge yet.

For now, I will do an easy swim tomorrow with an active rest.

Is this OK?